• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyzjohn

Banned
This looks pretty nice and I'm going to try it out, but from the description it doesn't sound like it addresses my problem exactly in a good solution. They only resize photos and not videos. Their video solution seems to be to break it up rather than to resize it. I'll have to try and see how it works, but splitting the video up into parts doesn't seem ideal to me. Thanks for the link and suggestion though.

Sorry I wasn't more help but I never send videos over MMS.

AndyD

aka andydumi
This looks pretty nice and I'm going to try it out, but from the description it doesn't sound like it addresses my problem exactly in a good solution. They only resize photos and not videos. Their video solution seems to be to break it up rather than to resize it. I'll have to try and see how it works, but splitting the video up into parts doesn't seem ideal to me. Thanks for the link and suggestion though.

As to privacy issues of a cloud locker, it depends on what you want to do with the stuff.

Youtube has 4 levels of permissions:
public, where anyone can see it and it searchable,
private, where only listed individuals can (and they need to be logged in so as to be identified),
unlisted, where anyone with the direct link can see it (there is no need to log in) and lastly
scheduled, which makes it available only during a certain timeframe but there are some other restrictions too.

GDrive/G+ can be shared with a set person or a group/circle, but they need to be logged in so that the system can authenticate them. Or it can be made public, where anyone can see it. See details here.

Dropbox has the same options as G+, but it also supports direct links, which gives you a similar experience to Youtube's unlisted. As in anyone with the link can see the item, they do not need to be authenticated, but you have no control over the sharing of the link.

All in all, based on your description, G+ is what you seemingly want to do. My wife and I share pictures and videos of the kids on a daily basis that way and we are the only two who can see the stuff. I would recommend you to try this and see if it works for you.

mkenyon

Banned
The green is pretty.

I'm going to have to set up my photo booth at home to see if I can accurately capture the color. It's vivid, but not quite as vivid as any of the pictures are showing. There's a slight pastel component to it.

jokkir

Can somebody point me in the right direction for the best Samsung Galaxy S4 rom? i already rooted it just need a good rom.

Use Cyanogenmod (the official ones, nightly or not nightly, doesn't matter). It'll probably be enough for what you need.

Anyway, I vote for the older banner for Prism. I like the minimalistic style better too :p Plus I think it's better designed. I'll try my hand at it once I get my computer back to what it was like before my reformat.

I'll probably try and write some app reviews or something for the blog. Been meaning to do that for a while.

EDIT - From Toronto, Canada

kinggroin

Banned
¨How do we make sure several people don't cover the same thing?

Collaborative Google docs that has our names along with what we are working on before submitting. Conflict? We discuss over hangouts.

Edit: In fact, we should have a room on hangouts for the blog members

mkenyon

Banned
Crosspost from Moto-X thread:

Between my wife and I, list of Android devices used for 2 weeks or more (we like to try stuff out, and do make returns if it doesn't wow us):

G1, G2, G2X, Galaxy Nexus, Note, Galaxy SII LTE, One X, One, Transformer Prime, Nexus 7 (first one). Most of those were hers, I've only used the G2X and Note as my phones.

With that in mind, initial impressions of the Moto X:

Of course, the physical device is what sticks out first. I actually prefer the materials and build quality above her One, and I'm generally a whore for aluminum. I went with white, spearmint back, and silver accents. I love me some green, and this is flashy while also being soothing. It's not quite as verdant as what the pictures show online, it has a nice pastel component to it. It actually looks really similar to a fluid I used in one of my PC builds, which is called "Mayhem's Pastel Green":

mayhem-pastel-mint-green-novustech-1303-18-Novustech@2.jpg

I'll see if I can accurately capture the color in my photo booth at home.

Since I'm coming from a Note, you'd think the screen size would bug me, and it's actually quite nice. Since it lacks any significant bezel, it's a lot easier to simply interact with the phone. I think I mastered the Note, but things like one handed typing were nearly impossible.

I had a pretty bare bones CM ROM on my Note, and it was fairly smooth, but this is like butter. I'd put it on par with my iPod Touch 5th Gen easily.

The thing that I'm totally smitten with is the active notifications. I just hold my thumb down on that icon and it gives me a perfect summary of my notifications without having to turn the screen on. As I initially ordered this on the promise of really good battery life, I'm glad one of the features that makes that battery life possible works perfectly.

It's also really nice booting up a phone and being greeted by a nearly stock experience. Finally.

More impressions to come after I've lived with it for awhile.

Groof

Collaborative Google docs that has our names along with what we are working on before submitting. Conflict? We discuss over hangouts.

Edit: In fact, we should have a room on hangouts for the blog members

This sounds like a good idea. I'm all for this!

vdlow

Can I sign up for the position of Android Prism writer but only start to write next year? lol
Now, serious, I would love to help you guys, but I have the college, graduation work, my job, and some other projects going on. Damn Google, where is my 48 hours day?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Sent another wave of invites. Shin you still haven't pm’d me your email so no invite.

I am about to mow the grass since I just finished dinner. I'll try and start the Hangout later. If you didn't send me a Gmail Addy or you use another Addy for G+ send me that for the hangout invite.

Maybe it is just me but in general things like this don't bother me like they do some of you.

Me too. It's just funny how much people blow up about it. Being embedded onto the phone itself is pretty dick though. The only time I feel it was over the top is the Verizon Note 2 shit. That went way too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom