• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the end of the day... if you really wanted to... you could disassemble the Note 2 and swap the button... but that HTC One, once you open, it's not gonna close back.

The thing is, the Note 2 one is in your face 90% of the time. How often do you look at the back of the phone especially since it's not removable? Rarely.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
9609319165_9359ae8bb2_c.jpg

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Wow, that N4 price is unreal. I can get an awesome tablet and a decent phone for less than the price of an unsubsidized iPhone 5 or S4 or HTC One. $200 less.

Literally every review but Anand's said the battery life was great.
KuGsj.gif

Really, I guess I was wro...

My first time daily driving the Moto X was after getting it in NYC and flying home – I left the hotel with it fully charged, spent 4 hours in a plane with it in airplane mode, and Moto X still died in the baggage claim before I could make it home. The second time I daily drove the Moto X, I also managed to kill it doing nothing out of the ordinary before I got back home. I honestly can’t remember the last time I drained a phone completely actually using it. Since those couple of times I haven’t had problems making it through a full day when I’ve daily driven the Moto X, but that’s with my usual opportunistic charging from every available wall socket and USB port, and my mixed use definitely isn’t 24 hours, rather closer to 8.

Whoops, I was right. That's mediocre. Also, in all their battery benchmarks, it does worse than than the S4 and One in almost every test.

Oh, the camera is also "hot trash" according to Chris Ziegler on the Verge.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You know that's not true lol

It's the truth.

While we wish the Moto X had a giganto battery like the new Droid MAXX for Verizon, we are happy to report that battery life here is rock solid. Even with very heavy usage (tons of web browsing, navigation, phone calls, and playing HD games every chance we got) we'd generally make it to 1am with 15 percent battery to spare. We'd expect a normal, lighter user to get the 24 hours Motorola claims, no problem. That's particularly impressive given that, again the Moto X is listening for your trigger command and often lighting up part of the screen to display icons. It milks that 2200 mAh battery for all it's worth, and handily outlasts the Galaxy S4, HTC One, and iPhone 5.
- Gizmodo

I used it heavily for 15 hours before it died, and if you use it like most people use their phones, you won’t need to charge it during the day. It lasted for 7 hours, 14 minutes on the Verge Battery Test, which loads popular websites and high-res images with brightness at 65 percent; that’s a very good score, far better than the HTC One and the GS4, but well below class leaders like the Maxx or the Galaxy Note II.
- The Verge

I'll be honest, it does take some getting used to, seeing your display illuminate and then wondering / worrying about the hit on battery life. So far, that 24-hour battery life claim has proven true and that's without the battery saver option turned on.

It's sad, but I am that person at dinner or drinks who's always staring at his phone. And that sort of behavior nets you a 28 percent charge on the Moto X after one day, two hours, 12 minutes and three seconds without battery saver enabled. That result bests even Motorola's own conservative claim of 24-hour battery life. Under the strain of Engadget's formal battery rundown protocol, in which an HD video plays on a loop, the Moto X's 2,200mAh cell lasted 11 hours and 15 minutes. Clap your hands, people. This is the battery life you didn't know you were missing.

- Engadget

Moto X has impressive battery life. But just like any other phone, the more you use it, the more battery it uses.
- AndroidCentral

Battery life is really good. Motorola claims 24 hours of battery life, maybe a lighter user could get that out of it but I didn't. I still got a number closer to 14 to 16 hours of battery life out of this phone. You really have to be using it all day to kill it, and it most certainly is a longer lasting phone than the Galaxy S4 or the HTC One. And the remarkable thing is this isn't even a huge battery, physically. It's smaller than those other phones: it's a 2,200 mAh power battery, but, you know, Motorola knows battery and that's the thing. They've had a lot of experience with it when they made the Droid Razr Maxx. I am very, very pleased with the battery life in the Moto X, especially considering its size.
- Marques Brownlee

I'm really struggling to think of a review that doesn't go out of its way to praise the battery (other than Anand's.)

Whoops, I was right. That's mediocre. Also, in all their battery benchmarks, it does worse than than the S4 and One in almost every test.

Didn't even read my post, id ya Vysey boy.

Oh, the camera is also "hot trash" according to Chris Ziegler on the Verge.

Your hard on for hating this phone is pretty hilarious. Who even brought up the camera?

"Yeah and... the screen sucks too! LOL"

LIES. some said it was ok, and PhoneDog said it was bad.

Haven't seen PhoneDog's review. Maybe that's the other outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom