• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

potam

Banned
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. It looks like I can get a new phone on the Edge plan, and keep my unlimited data.

I really want to wait but this sounds too good to last long.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2423121

edit: Maybe not. I didn't go through with the entire checkout, but it looks kinda shady. It was telling me that my monthly charges would be ~$127...not sure if that's just for my line or for me + wife. Leaving the post intact in case anyone else wants to try it out.

Sky Chief

Doesn't sound like a money thing, more one that Google's co-founder took his girlfriend. I don't think anyone in Barra's position would want to still work for any company after that. Low blow Sergey, Barra is a huge loss. I bet Larry Page is pretty pissed at Sergey and his girl for having their personal drama result in the loss of Hugo Barra.

So you're saying she's a Xiaomi spy then? She broke his heart so they could steal him on the cheap?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I gotta ask. How much f*cking money was involved with that move.

Well he's VP of the company now instead of just a division like he was at Android.

All of Google's own services already do this, they also allow 3rd parties to tap into it.

Uh yeah there's already a coordinated sync API guys, lol. The bad apps just don't use it.

GatorBait

I'm going to cross-post from the Buy/Sell/Trade thread since I think I may get some interest in here:

I was about to put this on ebay, but then I thought to myself that I should get my fellow GAFers a shot first. I'm selling a very lightly used Nexus 7 (2013 version, 32GB) that I received as a gift. It works perfectly and the only reason I'm selling it is because I already own another Nexus 7. This version retails for $269.00 currently and is sold out in some places right now (including Amazon).

I'll accept reasonable offers in the U.S. (don't want to get killed on shipping charges) and prefer Paypal for payment. Feel free to PM me if interested or if you have questions.

Pics below:

0T6Qs1b.jpg

HxkHiTt.jpg

c0xask6.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
In theory a Google Hangout invite should be out to everyone.

If you didn't get an invite it means I don't have your G+ email to add you to the hangout.

Also some of you like PXG pm'd me about helping with the banner but I don't think I ever actually got your e-mail to invite you to the blog.

Also a lot of the GAF regulars like Faceless, Andrex, and Unknown haven't signed up. Guess they don't want to be part of the cool kid club. :p

tino

Banned

If you didn't get an invite it means I don't have your G+ email to add you to the hangout.

Also some of you like PXG pm'd me about helping with the banner but I don't think I ever actually got your e-mail to invite you to the blog.

Also a lot of the GAF regulars like Faceless, Andrex, and Unknown haven't signed up. Guess they don't want to be part of the cool kid club. :p

Sign me up. tino chen at gmail dot com

I don't get the point of the blog, but I want to hang out.

Talon

Yeah, I guess we're not G+ buddies.

tino

Banned
Lol, I did read the article and this is not what happened at all. Maybe you should reread it?

EDIT: apparently this is her http://valleywag.gawker.com/meet-the-google-founders-mistress-1219044247

She looks pretty cute but lol, notice the awkward hand hovering

Oh I misread "Brin has split with his wife, and is in involved with another Google employee...." as "Hugo Berra" has split with his wife.

Anyway thats too gossipy. I just want to say that maybe Berra is also fed up with google's no SD card no OTG antic.

Sky Chief

Oh I misread "Brin has split with his wife, and is in involved with another Google employee...." as "Hugo Berra" has split with his wife.

Anyway thats too gossipy. I just want to say that maybe Berra is also fed up with google's no SD card no OTG antic.

Haha, np. I am going to miss him being up on stage, he was always a great presenter.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So in theory the invites went out fine.

The shit is Google sucks at notifying you. Manually check that shit and it should be there.

rc213

I've never had an android phone last this long even with limited use.

I usually go about 1 day 10-12hrs with 3-4hrs on screen time with out problems on the Galaxy S4. Lots of Carbon twitter, lots of hangout chats, Instagram, G+, reading gaf, light gaming.

Android permissions are such a mess. I'm updating the Aces of Luftwaffe game and all of a sudden it now needs a permission to read "phone calls".

Apparently this single permission includes minor things from being able to detect an incoming call (presumably to save state/hand over audio) to passing over your phone's IMEI or number.

3phemeral

Android permissions are such a mess. I'm updating the Aces of Luftwaffe game and all of a sudden it now needs a permission to read "phone calls".

Apparently this single permission includes minor things from being able to detect an incoming call (presumably to save state/hand over audio) to passing over your phone's IMEI or number.

Generally, if I have free apps that add illogical permissions during an update without providing sufficient explanation for those changes, it's time to uninstall the app.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Shazam got a stunning HOLO update. Its looks beautiful and is really smooth on my N4.

nexusae0_1_thumb26.png

Also evleaks has some teaser images of the Samsung smart watch on his twitter account.

Can you guys please link me to a page where I can order a cheap micro sim card for the Google Nexus 4? I want the $30 prepaid T-Mobile plan

I live in Texas btw

Is there a way to remove the AM/PM symbol with the 12-hour clock on a GS4 without rooting? I can't seem to find anything in the settings, and the only way to get rid of it is to use the 24-hour clock, which I'd prefer to not use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom