• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TouchWiz is running like shit on mine :-(

You_don't_say.png

Hi guys I had a couple of questions about cyanogen. So I have it installed on my Tab 2 10.1 and everything works great except for two things: sound and connection.

For some strange reason the speakers don't work on my tablet unless I have headphones plugged in. What's even more strange is that when I use the volume sliders the sound slider pops up but it's locked in the highest position and is "greyed out". I've tried everything from boosting the audio to restoring processor settings on boot, but nothing's worked. The only time it will play a sound is if I'm testing out alarm sounds or I have headphones plugged in (in which the sound works perfectly).

The second problem is more simple, I think. I'm only able to connect my tablet to a computer as a camera and not as a media device, even though it says it's connected on the tablet side. I thought this was strange because I installed kies and pretty much every driver in existence.

I'd greatly appreciate someone helping me out on this. In terms of specific details I have CM 10.1.0-p5110 on a p5113 tablet (the p5113s are all nightlies so I choose p5110 as a replacement).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Nightlies aren't always a bad thing on CM. In some ways they can be more stable than stable.

Also do you have USB mass storage enabled?

Pressy would be better if it connected to the charging port.

And yes, it's a little misleading for them to say you need 7 actions to get to the flashlight, when you can get to it from a simple shortcut or notification switch.

Nice concept though.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That thing is a definite no buy. Why would I block the headphone jack? All those actions take less effort than having to plug/unplug the thing before I listen to music. Crap concept overhyped by a nice presentation.

Groof

They say in the video that when connecting headphones that have a dedicated button, that button can perform the same actions as the Pressy button itself. Seems cool.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I really am surprised just how much smoother CM 10.2 is compared to CM 10.1.
I updated both my N4 and N10 about a week ago. It's much nicer and totally usable as a daily driver. The only hitch was figuring out how to restore from Titanium. But I eventually figured it out and nice!

How do you fucking listen to music then? All these can be easily accomplished by a notification toggle app. Or even simpler, a gusture control app.

A notification toggle app would require you to hit the power button, unlock, pull down your notification tray, and then hit your toggle. This would let you just do it by hitting a button.

Plus, my music all goes through Bluetooth so I don't use the headphone jack very often.

Don't see the point when I have an NFC tag and NFC tasker app. I just wear it on my keychain with my work stuff.

I'm not sure how this is similar functionality.

Bboy AJ

Oh yeah, bluetooth. Marty, do you have any blue tooth headphone recommendations?

kehs

Banned
Is it still? The app is much better than what it used to be on Android. It seems like a native app now.

Last I heard about netflix, they're doing html5 for everything. To keep things consistent.

Plus it allowed me to mock andres about the POWER OF THE WEB.

lol, the Moto X already had TWO price drops in Canada.

Week 1: $199
Week 2: $169
Week 3: $149

And now it seems like it's going to be down to $100 before the end of the year.

zedge

but but ...its not about the specs...*roll eyes*...

Heh, it isnt. But its still too much. :D $99 on contract would be decent.

Didn't really like it when I played with one recently at FS. The material on the back was nice but the front bezel.. I dunno it just didn't look right, sort of cheap? Screen was bright and colorful but I really prefer the feel of my N4 in hand. Frigging love this thing, I am a total convert. :p

tino

Banned
This is Moto X pulling a Xbone 180.

Its too late unfortunately, all the heavy hitters are coming out in the next 2 weeks.

They missed their preorder rush window.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Note 3, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, Sony Z1 and LG G2.

They'll all be in and around the same price as the Moto X but significantly better in hardware.

However some people are blinded by Moto marketing and don't care.

Oh get over yourself. There are legitimate reasons to like the phone and throwing everyone who prefers it under the bus as "just blinded by marketing" is a falsely damning accusation.

They'll all be in and around the same price as the Moto X but significantly better in hardware.

I'm not at all blinded by Motorola's marketing and I find the phone intriguing. I'm not a spec whore nor do I root anything. I just like the aesthetics of the phone and it does what I need.

But it will perform better in everyday use than those phones (well, questionable about iPhone) and generally be quicker and smoother. Shouldn't performance matter? You're a salesperson. Don't mislead your customers because of some agenda you hold.

But it will perform better in everyday use than those phones (well, questionable about iPhone) and generally be quicker and smoother. Shouldn't performance matter? You're a salesperson. Don't mislead your customers because of some agenda you hold.

Don't even try to tell me what I'm doing at my job haha. No-ones even asked about the moto x since it came out. Neither do I have an agenda.

You're also assuming your major point, with the moto being smoother than phones that hsvent even released yet. You know this how?

I won't mislead my customers at all. I'll show them the price, they'll ask about the specs (because *gasp* they actually do ask), and they'll start from there.

this_guy

Stop saying this, this is like the new omg the battery life will be amazing argument. Specs wise its performance should be similar to all the phones mentioned, but to blindly proclaim that it has better day to day performance versus phones that aren't even out yet is ignorant. Moto X was hyped up so much until the specs were revealed, then it was proclaimed to have amazing battery life until we got all the reviews saying its good but comparable to the competition. Seems like Moto X defenders keep calling it the best at whatever category hasn't been tested yet.

Oh get over yourself. There are legitimate reasons to like the phone and throwing everyone who prefers it under the bus as "just blinded by marketing" is a falsely damning accusation.

As I've said countless times, there's nothing wrong with the phone (other than it looking cheap), it's the price.

There's certainly no legitimate reason to pay that much. Assembled in the US is also definitely not one of them.

Nicktendo86

Just installed the aosp browser on my n4, man forgot how much I missed quick controls and how smooth the browser is. Chrome is a joke, sort it out google

tino

Banned
I'm not at all blinded by Motorola's marketing and I find the phone intriguing. I'm not a spec whore nor do I root anything. I just like the aesthetics of the phone and it does what I need.

That's not the point. First of all, the aesthetics of a phone shouldn't cost extra.

The point is, Motorola tried to over charge this phone for the amount of hardware value inside it. They thought they could get away with it but it turned out the public was pretty smart about it. People are not going to over pay for this phone and the phone has lost its buzz amid the extremely competitive phone market.

I know very few posters who plan to get this phone in the 2 forums I hang out in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom