• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
first letter = year... varies by device

second letter = month, A-L

number = day/build... some devices they used the day of the month it was built, others, they number it based on how many builds they did that month so 9 could be June 9th or 9th build in June

Okay. And curious, since this is the first phone I've stayed stock + root on. Usually, I flash a ROM With a kernel day one. so. just asking.

I want all the features of the new update. should flashing the deodexed + NO data wipe be enough in TWRP, or would I have to flash the new kernel as well? Will the original flash wipe my recovery and root or just a new kernel if I have to flash it?

If I have to flash the kernel for all the new features and it wipes recovery + root, flashing Chainfire's root in Odin and using GooManager to flash TWRP again should work fine, yes?

Just double checking. First phone I stayed stock on, so some of this is a bit different it seems

How big is that phone? Screen is huge but it doesn't seem to have a lot of bezel. I still think Android phones should strive to be 4.5 inches with very little bezel. 4.7 MAX but 4.5 is better. Like the Moto X seems.

Smaller phone sizes but maintain that big 4.5 inch screen, slap a good camera on there and a beasty battery and you instantly have one of the best smartphones out there.

vdlow

How big is that phone? Screen is huge but it doesn't seem to have a lot of bezel. I still think Android phones should strive to be 4.5 inches with very little bezel. 4.7 MAX but 4.5 is better. Like the Moto X seems.

Smaller phone sizes but maintain that big 4.5 inch screen, slap a good camera on there and a beasty battery and you instantly have one of the best smartphones out there.

My bet: same size of S4. Or pretty close to it. The S4 already is amazing at putting a huge screen without wasting space, and the G2 looks to be even better in this point.

rumor was 5.2"

kehs

Banned
So I guess just two more days until pyro goes tourret after they unveil something that was never meant for him in the first place?

So I guess just two more days until pyro goes tourret after they unveil something that was never meant for him in the first place?
pfft I don't even give a shit about the G2. It will come and go and the amount of time I will spend thinking about it will be a total of 1 minute tops.

I'm all about that MOTOXFON and NEXUS5 now.

iavi

I'm still wondering what the MotoX's schtick is going to be, cause leaks have it as weak as shit.

Colors of the rainbow better not be it.

I'm talking about the motox.
I've come to the conclusion that the event in 2 days will be all about the droid garbage and not about the moto x. I hope I am wrong.

All it will take is a fat ass battery to tempt me, you guys know I'm a fickle whore, I'll jump from phone to phone, even ones I make fun of. If it has a truly fat ass battery in a small device and a DECENT camera, I'm lowering my expectations on that front. Then I will deeply consider it and not wait for a nexus 5, mostly because I know the nexus 5 probably won't have as big a battery if motorola does really put in their best.

I'm still wondering what the MotoX's schtick is going to be, cause leaks have it as weak as shit.

Colors of the rainbow better not be it.
we already know the shtick. The whole awareness thing, knows when you're driving, knows when you want to take a picture, knows when it's your pocket, acts accordingly. Also very low entry price probably lower than nexus 4 is the other probably angle. I'm sure there's other stuff too, hopefully industry leading battery like a rumour has stated before.

iavi

we already know the shtick. The whole awareness thing, knows when you're driving, knows when you want to take a picture, knows when it's your pocket, acts accordingly. Also very low entry price probably lower than nexus 4 is the other probably angle. I'm sure there's other stuff too, hopefully industry leading battery like a rumour has stated before.

I remember something to this effect. All that sounds like something that should, and eventually will be made available in Android proper, though.

Is the motorola x google phone supposed to be good? I am gonna upgrade at the end of the year, have an iphone for work, but will get an android for personal, am tied to sprint, but don't want a galaxy phone. Originally wanted an xperia z, but that's unlikely to ever come, so I'm looking at this motorola resurgent phone now...

Is the motorola x google phone supposed to be good? I am gonna upgrade at the end of the year, have an iphone for work, but will get an android for personal, am tied to sprint, but don't want a galaxy phone. Originally wanted an xperia z, but that's unlikely to ever come, so I'm looking at this motorola resurgent phone now...
as of the most recent somewhat reliable rumours it's supposed to be a value-oriented phone ($249/$300). Solid hardware specs at a low price that specializes at one or two things.

But yeah no one knows till it's revealed. But if you're looking to upgrade by the end of the year you can probably just get the nexus 5 and it'll probably beat just about everything out.

You guys just wait till the iphone 6 comes out next year, I'm undoubtedly going to be tempted to go there. Then I'll need a backup android phone for tinkering. I guess moto x will be androids ipod touch if it really is that cheap lol.

what about the LG Optimus G2? and why don't you want a Galaxy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom