• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTFBBQ, you are saying Nokia (the Finland company) can start selling Joola or Android smartphone under Nokia name from 1/1/2016?

Can they sell Nokia feature phone with another dumb OS from 2016?
If they wanted do, right now I don't see why though, they just got out of a market that has lost them countless billions. Getting back in would be pretty suicidal IMO. What's crazy is that they could actually buy Jolla the day after this deal closes and release Jolla phones under that brand and build it up in developing markets then rebrand to Nokia when restrictions are gone. Like I said though, it seems highly unlikely at this stage having just got out if smartphones that have lost them a lot of money.

tino

Banned
If they wanted do, right now I don't see why though, they just got out of a market that has lost them countless billions. Getting back in would be pretty suicidal IMO. What's crazy is that they could actually buy Jolla the day after this deal closes and release Jolla phones under that brand and build it up in developing markets then rebrand to Nokia when restrictions are gone. Like I said though, it seems highly unlikely at this stage having just got out if smartphones that have lost them a lot of money.

No. My question was can they start selling $20 Nokia 1000 phones after 1/1/2016. Thats the part that was profitable and undoubtably still have huge name recognition.

jokkir

http://youtu.be/L_EAWvJpxwY

Shame it took this long. Even three years ago they could have made a huge dent in the Android market.

Still going to download it, as I have a few family members overseas attached to their BB devices.

Why no Holo.

After trying to learn Android Development for the Summer, I don't understand why developers dont follow the guidelines since it just seems more work to not follow it.

yyzjohn

Banned
Why no Holo.

After trying to learn Android Development for the Summer, I don't understand why developers dont follow the guidelines since it just seems more work to not follow it.

They think people will be wowed by the BB10 like interface and decide to switch phones from Android to Blackberry. LOL

so I guess my android based n9 is never happening?

OvIK0bz.jpg

It does look great.

It was never happening anyways.

Of course it was. Here's a prototype that was shown at the MSFT + Nokia Event 2011 behind closed doors.

IzjMTvx.jpg

Hackbert

muhaha it is alive.......... yet again.. damn my Motorola Defy is starting to get old. But it covered Android 2.2 to now Jellybean 4.3 like a mini rugged boss. Stole me 4 hours of sleep last night, until everything was back running. my cache was just gone and could not be accessed.

2013-09-03%2016.02.24.png

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Definitely a joke to do with fragmentation of Android platform when the next version Android is named after a bar that can split into 4 seperate bars.

panda21

have they ever announced a new version long before it released?

also have they not heard of the nestle boycott? making literally every android phone (well.. pending updates) associated with nestle for no good reason seems like a terrible idea

kehs

Banned
have they ever announced a new version long before it released?

also have they not heard of the nestle boycott? making literally every android phone (well.. pending updates) associated with nestle for no good reason seems like a terrible idea

Nestle boycott?

I can only assume that has to do with the cocoa trade?

panda21

Nestle boycott?

I can only assume that has to do with the cocoa trade?

its because of baby milk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestlé_boycott

Many European universities, colleges, and schools have banned the sale of Nestlé products from their shops and vending machines. In the United Kingdom, 73 student unions, 102 businesses, 30 faith groups, 20 health groups, 33 consumer groups, 18 local authorities, 12 trade unions, education groups, 31 MPs, and many celebrities support the Nestlé boycott.

I'm not saying this will end google but it seems poorly thought out given key lime pie has no negative connotations

Fatalah

9GXoqGj.png

I love scrapping the well-known KLP name in favor of something new. It's especially cool if the Kit Kat candy explains Google's 4.4 strategy.

So salty -> Even if the Moto X won't be as successful as they hoped, it will at least always be remembered as the device that brought us colors for the first time in smartphone history. Iconic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom