• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

Holy shit is Coldfoot so crazy that he starts randomly PMing people about shit?

WTF...

The last time this happened was in the steam thread with a user called javadots. He was subsequently banned for his behaviour combined with these antics. Would suggest to bring it up with a mod if it's unwarranted.

Well, we're a country that respects IP rights more than most others, so the best software companies in the world are in America, it's not really a surprise. I won't use software from a company that has a "Beauty Face" app preinstalled on their phones, Engrish doesn't pass as English in the software world.

Well SAP would like to have a word with that :p

But I don't understand what the latter comment on the end was for.

this_guy

Well, we're a country that respects IP rights more than most others, so the best software companies in the world are in America, it's not really a surprise. I won't use software from a company that has a "Beauty Face" app preinstalled on their phones, Engrish doesn't pass as English in the software world.

What about companies that collude with other companies to jack up prices for consumers?

I doubt you bricked it, it's almost impossible to brick a phone now days. Did you try using ADB to reformat then push over a Rom?
I have no idea how to use adb. I'm pretty sure I didn't brick it either since I could still enter download mode and stock recovery (even though I had clockwork). Just couldn't flash with Odin and I have an impatient person at my side who did not want to wait for me to fix my phone and opted to just spend way too much money on a replacement.

Volotaire

I never said copyright infringement NEVER happens here, but we're one of the best countries at respecting IP. Also, SAP is a German company :)

"Beauty Face" is not proper English.

What has SAP got to do with being German with this comment. You stated the best software companies were in the USA. The USA is not Germany.

I did not comment on IP rights.

DarkFlow

Banned
I have no idea how to use adb. I'm pretty sure I didn't brick it either since I could still enter download mode and stock recovery (even though I had clockwork). Just couldn't flash with Odin and I have an impatient person at my side who did not want to wait for me to fix my phone and opted to just spend way too much money on a replacement.
Well since your getting a new one anyway, no biggie then. It's fixable at least, and you could sell it if you want.

Husker86

Why do Google's apps have such a fucking hard time understanding that there is a connection available when the app is opened? Gmail, Play Store, Google Analytics...it's a problem I only see with Google apps and it has been going on for years.

Retry.

RM8

I just realized my phone doesn't have the stock browser, and it refuses to install the APKs I've found.

Sadness and sorrow.

Man Star Wars pinball looks significantly worse on my 2013 Nexus 7 compared to my iPad 3. Asphalt 8 is kinda sluggish too.

Isn't the 2013 Nexus 7 supposed to have better graphics capabilities than the iPad 3?

JonnyBrad

Man Star Wars pinball looks significantly worse on my 2013 Nexus 7 compared to my iPad 3. Asphalt 8 is kinda sluggish too.

Isn't the 2013 Nexus 7 supposed to have better graphics capabilities than the iPad 3?

Yes but the game(s) has unlikely been proerply optimised for the n7 2013.

MattDoza

Why do Google's apps have such a fucking hard time understanding that there is a connection available when the app is opened? Gmail, Play Store, Google Analytics...it's a problem I only see with Google apps and it has been going on for years.

Retry.

This drives me mad too. Sometimes hitting that retry button 10 damn times to get it to load shit up.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
coldfoot...nooo

zAq780O.gif

Zeppu

Hi guys, I'm Heatless Extremities. You know me as the guy who constantly hates on <YOUR PHONE OS> and praises <MY PHONE OS>. I just switched to <YOUR PHONE OS> and I don't like it because it isn't exactly like <MY PHONE OS>. The differences between <MY PHONE OS> and <YOUR PHONE OS> are terrible and I can't believe <YOUR PHONE OS> doesn't function exactly like <MY PHONE OS>. I've spent almost a day trying to get <YOUR PHONE OS> to function exactly like I always wanted, so much so that I switched from <YOUR EMAIL SERVICE> to <A DIFFERENT EMAIL SERVICE> and created a thread to tell everyone how <YOUR EMAIL SERVICE> sucks. Anyway, since I have used <YOUR PHONE OS> for 24 hours or so, I have decided to go back to <MY PHONE OS> because, as I stated before <YOUR PHONE OS> sucks. However at this point, since I've used <YOUR PHONE OS> I can now criticize even more than before because I can claim that I tried to like <YOUR PHONE OS> but it sucks because it's different from my <MY PHONE OS>. <MY PHONE OS>4LYF.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Not really new. They use this one in print materials.

http://deployment.googleapps.com/Home/user-resources/google-icons-and-logos

But if they're using it in Android apps it may point to more flattenification in KitKat/future releases.

Edit-
Update: A person familiar with Google's branding tells The Verge that this is not a replacement for the company's traditional logo. Instead, the flatter design is used in instances where the beveled logo may not display well &#8212; such as on printed banners or other corporate use cases. The logo in question has been pulled from where it first appeared previously in Chrome for Android, signaling that the company quickly realized its mistake. Suffice it to say, the Google logo you know and love isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom