• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massa

On or off contract? What carrier?

Not in the US so no contract. Now that I'm looking some more I think the LG Optimus L5 II might fit the bill as well.

This is really just her first smartphone, anything that takes good pictures and has a decent screen resolution should do fine, unless it has some glaring quality issue or things like that.

I like Sony because they're easy to mod, my dad's running CM 10.2 (Android 4.3) on his Xperia neo and it actually works great.

Sorry for posting this without searching the thread, but I missed the announcement of the LTE N7 and I've been waiting for it since the wifi was released, and I want to hurry in case it will go out of stock:

Why is it designated for T-Mobile? I thought it was going to have LTE bands for every major carrier in the US? Is it just the SIM that comes with it, or will it not work on Verizon/ATT?

Thanks.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
DAT High Res Screen!!!

9715315738_06a44e83c2_o.png

9712079767_af34d907f3_o.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Well, today is Apple day. Google should announce its conference today for a chance to steal a little limelight. Just kidding. Only Apple can do that.

kehs

Banned
What are they gonna do announce that people will get kit kat bars instead of their 4.4 updates before August of 2014.

Fatalah

Really late to the party on the whole cold foot saga. I watched a bunch of 'Under the Dome' episodes tonight, couldn't help but be reminded of a certain crazy character:

seriable-01247-710x400.jpg

Husker86

For developers here:

What do you use to make apps? Eclipse or Android Studio? I'm learning app development right now and using Android Studio since I suppose it will be finished soon but what do you think? Eclipse seems more complete and Android Studio is a bit slow and clunky
I started learning programming with Android and started with Eclipse about a month or two before Android Studio came out. I tried AS for a day and went back to Eclipse. I'm sure it works okay but for someone new like me, almost everything out there as far as answers to questions will be referring to Eclipse. I really liked the additions to AS but I'm going to wait at least a year before I try to switch over.

3phemeral

I started learning programming with Android and started with Eclipse about a month or two before Android Studio came out. I tried AS for a day and went back to Eclipse. I'm sure it works okay but for someone new like me, almost everything out there as far as answers to questions will be referring to Eclipse. I really liked the additions to AS but I'm going to wait at least a year before I try to switch over.
Yeah, and last I checked, Android Studio was like version 0.4. Probably not a good idea to make apps with experimental software. Wouldn't hurt to learn it a bit while seriously developing with Eclipse but if you're just starting, learning everything up to 4.2 is going to be a huge task as is. I'm reading "Android Programming Unleashed" right now and it's a massive undertaking, especially for someone not familiar with programming at all.

Groof

Based DrFunk

Edit: Oh, and has anyone seen this video? It's pretty great. I knew conversational search was good, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how awesome it looks in this video.
Click Me

Absolutely great! I've tried conversational search a bit, but it was really simple things. The things he asked seemed way more natural and it surprised me it worked. However, more than half of those things would probably not work/be useful unless you're American.

Zeppu

For developers here:

What do you use to make apps? Eclipse or Android Studio? I'm learning app development right now and using Android Studio since I suppose it will be finished soon but what do you think? Eclipse seems more complete and Android Studio is a bit slow and clunky

I switch between Android Studio and IntelliJ Idea community edition. They're all eclipse IDEA based really so it's fairly seamless to open projects with different IDEs.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
I switch between Android Studio and IntelliJ Idea community edition. They're all eclipse based really so it's fairly seamless to open projects with different IDEs.

On what planet are Android Studio or IntelliJ Idea 'eclipse based'?

Anyway, to answer the original question, Android Studio, but it's not ready for general use yet. If you don't mind modifying build files by hand and finding that lots of stuff doesn't work, it's fine. If you mind those things, you need another solution. :)

Zeppu

On what planet are Android Studio or IntelliJ Idea 'eclipse based'?

Anyway, to answer the original question, Android Studio, but it's not ready for general use yet. If you don't mind modifying build files by hand and finding that lots of stuff doesn't work, it's fine. If you mind those things, you need another solution. :)

Lol, I misspoke. I don't know where eclipse came from. I meant to say that the Android Studio is IDEA based so it's trivial to switch between those two.

/me goes and makes himself another coffee.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Lol, I misspoke. I don't know where eclipse came from. I meant to say that the Android Studio is IDEA based so it's trivial to switch between those two.

Well, that's at least largely true (will be better once Android Studio's a bit more mature - hopefully it'll be possible to run it as a plugin to IDEA in the future and I won't have to use two virtually identical IDEs...)

sony-xperia-z1-mini.jpg

The image, which you can see above, shows that the mini version has many of the same physical features as the Xperia Z1, with a glass back, large camera lens and silver accents, in a smaller package. The similarities are more than skin deep, and this latest leak continues the assumption than an Xperia Z1 Mini will have the same Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM and 20.7MP camera sensor as the original.

The differences begin with a 4.3-inch display at 720p and a drop in storage to 8GB — rather than 1080p and 16GB

http://www.androidcentral.com/sony-xperia-z1-mini-leaks-image-next-its-larger-sibling

Also, evleaks is saying the N5 is not the N5

http://www.androidcentral.com/evleaks-lg-d820-just-cdma-g2-variant

this_guy

EV Leaks is wrong on this one, he is looking at the wrong model. The D821 may be a sprint version of the G2 but the D820 is not, it has a different look, battery and is running 4.4. He has got confused.

Why would the D821 be a Sprint version when the D820 already has the Sprint LTE bands?

edit**nevermind, I thought you meant the D821 might be a Sprint version of the Nexus but you said G2

Nicktendo86

Why would the D821 be a Sprint version when the D820 already has the Sprint LTE bands?

edit**nevermind, I thought you meant the D821 might be a Sprint version of the Nexus but you said G2
I think I got the model numbers mixed up but EV is deffo wrong on this one

Andrex, can't you use your own server to host those stupid faces no one else uses except you, so I can block that URL instead of having to block every single picture manually?

KiKaL

For developers here:

I use Intellij. I really like Android Studio but kept running into issues.

If you think you will want to use Android Studio when it becomes more stable then using IntelliJ will make it a very easy transition. I have only been programming Android for a few months and really have not had any issues learning using Intellij.

zedge

smh at some of the posters in the Apple event thread.. I get being a fan of something but the sheer unquestionable loyalty (aka brainwashed) is downright scary. Well done Apple I guess. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom