• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mirrors your phone on to the dashboard?

ARLiberator (a $35 app) mirrors it completely, while the MirrorLink apparently lets you run certain apps but not all.

Only problem is that ML only works with a few phones (mostly the SGS III/IV and the Note I/II), and ARLiberator hasn't officially graduated from the Appradio 2 to the Appradio 3. But I also have a Note II headed my way, so I'll just figure out which approach fits my needs the best. Really excited.

Intel keeping it classy as always:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2330027

214524_788785.jpg

Great company f**king awful business practices.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Meet the Blu Dash 4.5 - $139 no contract

blu-smartphone-1.jpg

4.5-inch display with 854 x 480 resolution and 218ppi

1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589M processor

PowerVR SGX544GPU

512MB of RAM

4GB of storage

microSD support

HSPA+ 21Mbps support

Dual SIM support

Wi-Fi

5-megapixel camera with auto focus, LED flash, HDR support and HD (720p) video recording

VGA front-facing camera

2000mAh battery

stock Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

PS: I wonder how legit this would be as an iPod Touch like Android device.

So is Google out of the location check-in business completely? And if they're planning to add that functionality to Google+, by waiting to do so, aren't they risking losing whatever little user base they have to Foursquare and Facebook?

3phemeral

So is Google out of the location check-in business completely? And if they're planning to add that functionality to Google+, by waiting to do so, aren't they risking losing whatever little user base they have to Foursquare and Facebook?
You can already check-in to business via Google+ when you update your status/make a post.

[edit] Unless Google Maps was providing some different kind of check-in process than Google+. It always resulted in the same output on my Google+ profile.

Groof

Why is this a big thing? I tried to get into it for a while, but didn't really "get it," so to speak. Please enlighten me!

Why is this a big thing? I tried to get into it for a while, but didn't really "get it," so to speak. Please enlighten me!

same here!! I don't get the whole "check in" thing....bunch of my friends just stealth brag how good their life is by checking in at a fancy restaurant while they post their food on instagram, while I'm eating chicken nuggets from McDonalds....=(

Meet the Blu Dash 4.5 - $139 no contract

blu-smartphone-1.jpg

4.5-inch display with 854 x 480 resolution and 218ppi

1.2GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589M processor

PowerVR SGX544GPU

512MB of RAM

4GB of storage

microSD support

HSPA+ 21Mbps support

Dual SIM support

Wi-Fi

5-megapixel camera with auto focus, LED flash, HDR support and HD (720p) video recording

VGA front-facing camera

2000mAh battery

stock Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

PS: I wonder how legit this would be as an iPod Touch like Android device.

the 512MB of RAM is troubling, but it would be pretty legit once you add a MicroSD card.

Second "Master Key" Style APK Exploit Is Revealed Just Two Days After Original Goes Public, Already Patched By Google

Hot on the heels of Bluebox's disclosure of the "Master Key" exploit, a Chinese blog has posted details of a similar vulnerability. This attack also sidesteps a bug in the signature verification step and allows seemingly innocent APKs to include a potentially dangerous payload; and like its brethren, Google has already patched the flaw and posted it to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). The information comes to us from a China-based group (or possibly individual) calling itself the Android Security Squad. The original post is in Chinese, but a vaguely comprehensible translation can be had thanks to Google.

aaaaannnnndddd...

already fixed in CM

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but the latest Gmail update (the one from a couple of weeks ago, not the one that introduced the new interface) has completely fucked up the entire app.

My Gmail app is slow to load everything. Painfully slow. And it's not my network - my browsers are loading pages as quickly as they always have, and all of my apps are working fine.

I don't know what happened, but it needs fixed ASAP. Please tell me I'm not the only one experiencing it. That gray swirl is driving me nuts.

So Intel is basically gaming the benchmark by providing faked results for certain tasks that the benchmark cannot determine were legitimately calculated in any way?

Well if the benchmark asks results to be calculated but the compiler determines that those results are never read well CPU is told not to bother. Seems a reasonable thing to do but the benchmark coder or Intel who implemented this knew it pretty much invalidates the whole point of the bench.

Poster above - clearing the Gmail apps cache not helping?

A man smashed a case in a Springfield wireless store and escaped with several iPhones, but the scheme was foiled by one glaring oversight: The robber, police say, left his own Samsung Galaxy at the scene of the crime.

Fairfax County police arrested Travis Montgomery Snyder, 25, on Monday in Remington, Va., after tracing the phone’s subscription to him, according to a search warrant.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...eea85c-ea3d-11e2-a301-ea5a8116d211_story.html

the jokes write themselves...

Fatalah

Looks a little thick, as a mid-range phone would.

Update: I'm not going add to the horseplay below by adding a new reply, but ya'll need to chill out. I edited my post 3 minutes after posting, and quoted the OP. Not ideal behavior by a NeoGAF community.

Talon

Why force the user to check-in when Google can do it for them!

Fatalah's about 140 posts late.

Courage

I just got my HTC One Google Edition! Gorgeous device.

What are some essential apps or a thread someone can direct me to?

It's all part of the google strategy. Release the moto X just before September and then release a much better phone for 50-150 more in the nexus 5 one or two months later.

I lol'd.

It's all part of the google strategy. Release the moto X just before September and then release a much better phone for 50-150 more in the nexus 5 one or two months later.

I lol'd.

I was chatting to a mobile industry guy yesterday, he said Sony, Samsung, Motorola and HTC are all in a complete mess right now, but he has some faith that Sony and Samsung will get through but he doesn't see Moto and HTC existing as they do right now two years from now. I can agree with that policy.

The problems break down like this:

Samsung - Worried about reliance on Google, took their eye off the ball, too many S4 branded products undercutting S4 proper margins (the mini range specifically has been quite bad for them because people think they are getting a small S4 for half the cost) and causing confusion. No Android tablet strategy, the Note 10.1 is still their best selling tablet.

Sony - No good premium strategy, no real tablet strategy, terrible marketing, no real US presence and their 12-month deal with T-Mobile will mean no i1 on AT&T which is ridiculous and it took them four fucking months to get the Z out onto T-Mobile. T-Mobile wanted it by the end of April but Sony couldn't get their house in order.

HTC - Fucked in basically every way. Sales of the One have got so bad in Asia and Europe that they are worried about the future of the company and the One Mini is having massive production issues on the pilot assembly line and some of the parts are extremely scarce. They rushed out the Butterfly S in response to falling sales of the One in Asia. It is literally just the Butterfly with S600 and the new camera module. So far the response has been tepid, but they hope it will improve going into Q4.

Moto - Massive infighting with Google over the line up, they see themselves as a premium player and want their phones to compete with the iPhone, Galaxy S, Xperia Z and HTC One. Google think the parent would be better served with Moto being a commodity player, almost an extension of the low margin Nexus business model. Moto think that this will be detrimental to Android and to Moto. The Moto X is going to be like a bastard child at Moto according to the dude, he said they aren't proud of it, they wanted to make an iPhone competitor and ended up with a ZTE/Huawei competitor.

That's pretty much a round up the major Android OEMs. He told me some interesting stuff about Nokia as well, confirmed that they are sticking with WP for better or worse because Elop knows his time at the company is up the second they start building an Android device.

Nicktendo86

The Moto X is going to be like a bastard child at Moto according to the dude, he said they aren't proud of it, they wanted to make an iPhone competitor and ended up with a ZTE/Huawei competitor

Jesus, that is bad. Kinda makes sense has there have been so many reports on that the x phone will have, how are they going to sell it if they are not even proud of it?

I really don't get it, Android is so big now how could the OEM's not sort thier shit out and bring out compelling products and market them properly?

Zeppu

I think the camera bump on the Moto X is playing tricks on our eyes making it look thicker than it actually is. Doesn't look half as thick in the pics above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom