• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I look at that iOS 7 screenshot the more of a clusterfuck it looks like. Honestly, design-wise it's all over the place. Animations and whatnot are cool though.

I have yet to try iOS 7, so I don't really know what I'm talking about (as always), but I get the feeling that iOS 7 is a bit like Windows Phone, where it simply looks better in motion than in stills.

Groof

I have yet to try iOS 7, so I don't really know what I'm talking about (as always), but I get the feeling that iOS 7 is a bit like Windows Phone, where it simply looks better in motion than in stills.
Yeah I'm just going off of videos and stuff I've watched of it, probably won't ever get more hands on with it than at a store.

Aldebaran

2013-09-11-18.55-640x582.jpg
What the fuck LG. Try at least to improve the OS, what's the point in doing shit like this?

catmincer

My partner's Xperia Z ultra has received 3 updates since he got it. Bug fixes etc but also some decent upgrades like the X reality one. Sony have stepped their game up with it especially vs my S which went months without bug fixes.

Makes me sad my V might not get updated any further. OTOH, it's nice that I haven't encounted any bugs on it at all. Definitely a way better experience than my old S.

Eanan

The news about Cyanogenmod looking for investments to make a new, better Android OS is great. Cant wait to see what they come up with.

jokkir

Eh disagree. Icons don't look that bad to me personally when they aren't clashing with that crazy multicolored wallpaper.

I agree though I need to see one in person. Those could just be bullshots :p

The news about Cyanogenmod looking for investments to make a new, better Android OS is great. Cant wait to see what they come up with.

Hopefully they hire an actual designer if they change the OS design much.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What I don't like about the icons is there's so little padding. Look at the iTunes and App Store circles, they're too close to the edge IMO compared to the more balanced previous version.

forstall-vs.-ive.gif

(credit: Verge comments, lol)

I also take issue with replacing a lot of the icons in apps with plain text. Makes it hard to tell what can be interacted with.

screen568x568.jpeg

Source: iOS7 Redesign - Before and After

I'm also not a fan of the centered title in apps. It makes the top bar looked cluttered. The left alignment in Android looks better and is less confusing (although that's also because on either side of the title, it's using icons, not text.)

JordanKZ

This is nothing but horse shit at this point.

DAY 1, iOS devs have their apps ready to conform to the new design guideslines. Its been almost TWO YEARS since ICS and we still have apps with gingerbread stylings. Its completely god damn insane.

Blackhead

Redarse

DAY 1, iOS devs have their apps ready to conform to the new design guideslines. Its been almost TWO YEARS since ICS and we still have apps with gingerbread stylings. Its completely god damn insane.

iOS devs will tell you it's because 80%, or more, update to the new iOS version but the main reason is because they use iPhones and wouldn't stand for outdated apps on their personal phone.

DarkFlow

Banned
Why would they cut them off. CM has always adhered to AOSP.

All they need to do is get legit with the licensing. I don't see them forking android to a point where it's not AOSPcetic.

I wouldn't be surprised to see all the additions from CM become premium features instead of just free for all open source. Anderwebs realized this early on with ADW+, and it looks like the CM guys finally got the lightbulb turned on.

Good for them, I say, they've done a shitload of awesome work.

Not totally, They've already split the kernel off of AOSP to the CAF Library. Basically that means Devs have to make 2 kernels now if they want them to work with CM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=45150393

Did you guys read Ars' Technica's G2 review? You ain't seen nothing yet.

Screenshot_2013-09-14-19-10-14-640x85.jpg

Verizon replaced the standard black theme for the system bar with this. Yes, you read that right.
Looks like you can change it at least. Also this
waxon.gif
I can already do on my Nexus 7 (2013) with my kernel, I can also swipe it on and off!

so... Verizon/AT&T LG G2 bootloader security bypassed by @djrbliss

Dan Rosenberg's Loki Tool Now Works Around The Locked Bootloader On AT&T And Verizon LG G2 Models

Both AT&T and Verizon have repeatedly and vociferously stated that their policy of locking bootloaders isn't going away any time soon. And in both cases, public-spirited security researcher Dan Rosenberg has managed to fox them on at least some hardware. Like a mischievous trickster deity, the Loki tool has been pressed into service to work around the locked bootloaders of various Samsung and LG devices, and the latest update adds support for the flagship LG G2 on both carriers.

at some point, there will be no exploits left, right?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
evleaks.

shouldn't expect anything good for that price.

It doesn't have to be vastly improved, the current N10 is already a beast. The new one is gonna kill at the price. So long, Surface RT 2. We hardly knew ye.

The N7 is already the best tablet and it's a Asus + Google collab.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Question!

A friend asked me how to switch netflix profiles on android, and I couldn't answer - google is no help - GAF, what say you?

After upgrading to iOS 7 on my iPad 4th Gen, makes me glad I have an N4 over an iPhone. Not that I had iOS 7, but I don't think I could deal with it on a phone.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
We’ve also seen some specifications leaked for the device this week. According to the GFXBench website, the device has a 1794 x 1080 display – that’s 1920 x 1080, minus some screen space for the on-screen software buttons. It’s also suggested, from FCC filings and the phone’s purported similarity to the LG G2, that we’ll see a top-of-the-line Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB of RAM and the usual 16 GB of internal space without micro SD slot, wireless charging and dual-band WiFi ac. A 13 megapixel rear camera is also on the cards, similar again to the LG G2.

13mp camera confirmed.
szsLQr6.png

Toki767

I think I'd give up the 3000mAh battery on the G2 for wireless charging on the Nexus 5. Though since the AT&T G2's bootloader has been bypassed, I still might get that and just install Slim ROM on it.

Blackhead

Redarse
I think I'd give up the 3000mAh battery on the G2 for wireless charging on the Nexus 5. Though since the AT&T G2's bootloader has been bypassed, I still might get that and just install Slim ROM on it.
First world problem lol

I'd be pretty pissed if Google ends up taking 1080p, 13MP camera etc and not the 3000mAh battery. I care about battery life more.

kinggroin

Banned
So, do any of you guys know concretely, whether most games on android render at native display res?

Can I answer this question with screenshots?

Numble wants to know.

Shit like this always tempts me to move back to iOS. If only Apple would realize no one wants to use their shit default apps or that people need to be able to send data between apps. Sometimes the Android jank gets to me too.

xtop

The hell is Republic Wireless?

prepaid sprint, but they want you to use wifi as much as possible

lol yea right

ban me for a three months if that happens.

yeah we'll see. i doubt $299 will be the price for their $19/month plan. but their facebook post matches up with a moto x i think. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....147731241995314.22525.132328066868965&type=1

edit: androidpolice believes enough to make a post

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...ss-will-sell-the-moto-x-for-299-off-contract/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom