• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I got a little syncing problem with my Galaxy S4.

It's really bothering me that my own profile pic won't update in the SMS messages. I've changed it to my local profile on the phone, and my google+ account. However, in SMS conversations, it still uses some really old pic I had in google+ when I first got the phone. I can't seem to get it to update.

It's not really a big deal, but it still bothers me :lol

Any ideas?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Okay so I have a .edu email that runs off Gmail. I can login on my browser, on my iOS Gmail app but not in the android Gmail app. It just says invalid password.

Any fixes?
No double Auth on the account
Do you have a different password for the account through Gmail? My webmail password is different than my Google password for my .edu account.

thespot84

Hey guys, Im looking for the best Exchange email client available. I am currently using the stock Email app for work and for some reason, the fonts are ugly as hell and so is the signature. Quoting previous emails also seems to work, albeit not very well as formatting is extremely messed up.

I NEEDS HALP.

at least try touchdown. I used it for 4 years, well worth the money.

Husker86

I got a little syncing problem with my Galaxy S4.

It's really bothering me that my own profile pic won't update in the SMS messages. I've changed it to my local profile on the phone, and my google+ account. However, in SMS conversations, it still uses some really old pic I had in google+ when I first got the phone. I can't seem to get it to update.

It's not really a big deal, but it still bothers me :lol

Any ideas?

I just messed with that yesterday...mine was just the default cartoon picture. It doesn't import from any connected accounts so I had to manually change it.

kehs

Banned

kehs

Banned
Google released updated and free quickoffice.

It has a legacy menu button.

Wtf Google

I just blasted through 18 megs of mobile data to see this. wow.

wait its only on the setup...damn you gcube

So wait...whats the difference between drive and this app?

Google released updated and free quickoffice.

It has a legacy menu button.

Wtf Google

I'm on the welcome screen. Swiping through it is laggy on a Nexus 4.

For some reason, it opened a spreadsheet I have on Drive as a PDF? Uhh...
Moving around said "PDF" is laggy as shit
Loading circle randomly shows up behind the < "Filename" area

This shit is sloppy as fuck.

gcubed

It's everywhere not just on setup.

It also doesn't overwrite the OEM quick office, making an awful screen to choose defaults.

Embarrassing

kehs

Banned
It's everywhere not just on setup.

It also doesn't overwrite the OEM quick office, making an awful screen to choose defaults.

Embarrassing

you got sensed dude, i dont see the legacy menu button.
Screenshot_2013-09-19-14-55-08.png

No, it's littered throughout random areas of the app. For instance, press "About" in the overflow menu. Or create a new document.

I love the default app selection.

"Complete action using:

1. com.qo.android.sp.oem Quickoffice
2. com.quickoffice.android Quickoffice"

lol, try opening a PDF file with it and scroll really fast between pages. You get a frozen loading circle that randomly comes in and out at the top left. It even overlaps the text.

Groof

While the app seems like a complete clusterfuck at least it's worth installing for the free 10GB Drive storage. Whoo.

Doopliss

I'm on the welcome screen. Swiping through it is laggy on a Nexus 4.

For some reason, it opened a spreadsheet I have on Drive as a PDF? Uhh...
Moving around said "PDF" is laggy as shit
Loading circle randomly shows up behind the < "Filename" area

This shit is sloppy as fuck.
It opens Drive Documents as PDFs too. I guess it's just meant for MS Office files.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I just messed with that yesterday...mine was just the default cartoon picture. It doesn't import from any connected accounts so I had to manually change it.

It is manually changed in my profile, but when I open up a conversation (or even start a new one and send a message), it still has the old picture. This is the problem.

Husker86

It is manually changed in my profile, but when I open up a conversation (or even start a new one and send a message), it still has the old picture. This is the problem.

Hmm, weird. Mine changed in the Messages app.

However, now that I think about it, it DID have my G+ profile photo when I went into my Contact details, however, it showed the default cartoony thing in Messages before I changed it manually.

Chalk it up to custom skins and the disconnect between core features I guess (I'm only staying with TouchWiz because of the damn camera and bluetooth profile support...come on Googley).

Cook is the ultimate troll..

http://www.businessweek.com

In Cook’s view, the incompatibilities between various Android versions make each an entirely different species. The Android operating systems are “not the latest ones by the time people buy,” he says. A recent survey of smartphones sold by AT&T showed 25 Android handsets; six did not have the latest operating system. “And so by the time they exit, they’re using an operating system that’s three or four years old. That would be like me right now having in my pocket iOS 3. I can’t imagine it.

3phemeral

Looks like MyColorScreen will be releasing their Beta soon:

Hello there,
Thanks again for your interest in Themer! We wanted to let you know that we'll be starting our public beta rollout on October 1. We'll start with our earliest email sign ups and we'll try to get the app to everyone on the list within a few weeks. You'll receive an email with more details when it's ready for you.

We've added some more previews of new themes on ThemerApp.com. All of these themes will be available to you when you get Themer Beta. We know it's no fun waiting, but sit tight and we'll do our best to get it to you as soon as we can!

The Themer by MyColorScreen Team

kehs

Banned

In Cook’s view, the incompatibilities between various Android versions make each an entirely different species. The Android operating systems are “not the latest ones by the time people buy,” he says. A recent survey of smartphones sold by AT&T showed 25 Android handsets; six did not have the latest operating system. “And so by the time they exit, they’re using an operating system that’s three or four years old. That would be like me right now having in my pocket iOS 3. I can’t imagine it.

I don't think people could tell the difference either way.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just got this follow up email...

Hello there,

Thanks again for your interest in Themer! We wanted to let you know that we'll be starting our public beta rollout on October 1. We'll start with our earliest email sign ups and we'll try to get the app to everyone on the list within a few weeks. You'll receive an email with more details when it's ready for you.

We've added some more previews of new themes on ThemerApp.com. All of these themes will be available to you when you get Themer Beta. We know it's no fun waiting, but sit tight and we'll do our best to get it to you as soon as we can!

The Themer by MyColorScreen Team

Seems to be the same as the email above. Looks like if you all signed up when I posted about it we should get in around the same time!

Talon

In Cook&#8217;s view, the incompatibilities between various Android versions make each an entirely different species. The Android operating systems are &#8220;not the latest ones by the time people buy,&#8221; he says. A recent survey of smartphones sold by AT&T showed 25 Android handsets; six did not have the latest operating system. &#8220;And so by the time they exit, they&#8217;re using an operating system that&#8217;s three or four years old. That would be like me right now having in my pocket iOS 3. I can&#8217;t imagine it.
Unfortunately, AT&T is still selling Gingerbread handsets.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/androidphones.html

Gingerbread came out in 2010, so he's not that far off.

It's amusing to me whenever I look at carrier stores, and they sell 2 year old Blackberry devices for the same price as recent Android releases.

Groof

Unfortunately, AT&T is still selling Gingerbread handsets.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/androidphones.html

Gingerbread came out in 2010, so he's not that far off.

It's amusing to me whenever I look at carrier stores, and they sell 2 year old Blackberry devices for the same price as recent Android releases.
I wonder if people actually still buy these handsets or what it is that actually warrants these stores to keep the devices on them.

Talon

I wonder if people actually still buy these handsets or what it is that actually warrants these stores to keep the devices on them.
The fact that they stock them means that people are buying them.

It truly upsets me that someone is buying a Pantech Pocket running 2.3 somewhere. Why, God? WHY?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Hmm, weird. Mine changed in the Messages app.

However, now that I think about it, it DID have my G+ profile photo when I went into my Contact details, however, it showed the default cartoony thing in Messages before I changed it manually.

Chalk it up to custom skins and the disconnect between core features I guess (I'm only staying with TouchWiz because of the damn camera and bluetooth profile support...come on Googley).

Now I got it to change somehow by recreating my local profile on the phone contacts. However, now I can't seem to merge the "Me" contact from HaxSync or Whatsapp to my profile. Whatsapp works fine however.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I wish the blog had a better format. Right now it's only taking up a third of my screen's width

Quasar

I really like iOS7 visually speaking. It's so light, airy, and refreshing. I agree on it being inefficient, though. It feels so compartmentalized. No thanks.

I really wish there was a darker theme and I could turn off those long transitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom