• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pfft only losers pay for music.

ru8HHSS.gif

Man, the G2 reviews are really something else.

Almost every single one concludes with "Wait for the Nexus 5."

Probably not doing any favors for LG's ego.

jey_16

Banned
I added an entry to the Android Prism blog

Android Battery Tips

I could definitely improve it and add more so I might do a p2 next time or edit this one later and repost it later.

Good post....turning off Google location services has made a big change to my battery life. Yeah, it reduces the effectiveness of Google now but the only thing I seem to be missing are weather updates and traffic conditions but I can live without those for another hour of screen time

Man, the G2 reviews are really something else.

Almost every single one concludes with "Wait for the Nexus 5."

Probably not doing any favors for LG's ego.

That's what happens when you copy Samsung and manage to make software that's even uglier and clunkier than their copy. It's as if I tried to paint the original Ecce Homo based off that old lady's butchering of it.

That's what happens when you copy Samsung and manage to make software that's even uglier and clunkier than their copy. It's as if I tried to paint the original Ecce Homo based off that old lady's butchering of it.

Yeah, it pretty much sounds like TouchWiz on crack.

It's sure gonna make for a sweetass Nexus 5, though.

It's really weird how the flashlight function isn't a preset toggle in the notification bar. I have a Galaxy S3. Is this function there in other Android devices (or even the S4)?

Just seems like a strange omission.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Isn't it implied by the software part of the reviews?

How could anyone look at LG's software and say "Yup, I need this in my life right now, screw waiting another month for a stock Android version of this exact hardware"?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Although you should wait anyways, the difference in battery life could be enough to get the G2 over the N5 if you're concerned about that.

Speaking of the G2, I still can't believe what Verizon did to it.

Isn't it implied by the software part of the reviews?

How could anyone look at LG's software and say "Yup, I need this in my life right now, screw waiting another month for a stock Android version of this exact hardware"?

Yes, exactly. This is what I meant.

i dunno, that final part about waiting for a Nexus 5 has been missing in the reviews i've read and watched.

See above. They don't say it outright. People just see the negatives, and know those won't be part of the Nexus 5 variant.

But, they also don't realize some of the positives won't be either (battery).

Battery life will be great, but not godlike like the G2.

Yes, exactly. This is what I meant.

See above. They don't say it outright. People just see the negatives, and know those won't be part of the Nexus 5 variant.

But, they also don't realize some of the positives won't be either (battery).

Battery life will be great, but not godlike like the G2.

Ars Technica, The Verge, and Gizmodo pretty much all say it outright.

I'm wondering are there any Xperia z1 reviews or anything that show off how good or crappy the camera actually is?

I think GSMArena did a review and thought it was disappointing. Sounds like another Sony phone to me, good but just not good enough.

So whos downloading BBM on the 21st?

Lol no thanks. App looks like shit based on the leaked screens. They ported the entire BB OS skin - tabbed interface and all.

mturco

Anyone posted this 5.0 concept video yet? I now LOVE the idea of somehow integrating notifications with Google Now...seems so obvious in hindsight...

Android 5.0 Concept

I thought the "multitasking stacks" idea was cool (though not necessarily easier). A lot of people have suggest integrated Google Now into the notification shade or the launcher. I think it could work as maybe a page on the launcher, but I'm not a fan of Google Now cards being in the notification shade which is for notifications.

Notifications are supposed to be quick and simple and I feel like integrating Google Now into it would just complicate things and make it less easy to just quickly look at your notifications.

Man, when is Google gonna open the flood gates on Kit Kat. I'm REALLY interested to see how they are going to change up the UI. I really hope the bright colors and card system are gonna be system wide.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Looks like the fallout from the Cyanogen announcement is already happening.
The Focal camera app has been removed from the latest nightlies as the developer doesn't want his app used for the future CM commercial product.

I wonder how many volunteer developers will pull out of the current CM development. We could see AOKP really pick up steam if they all jump ship to it.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Help me, bros! I'm trying to activate my N4 on T-Mobile.com for the $30 plan but it always leads me to THIS fucking screen:

I called the number and the dude told me it was some kind of Walmart special and that I could only get it online, but the website is taking me NOWHERE. Has anyone else gotten out of this shit loop?

I've been awaiting this "Text message" for over an hour now. Is it like a 24-hour thing or if it hasn't come by now am I kind of fucked?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The Focal camera app has been removed from the latest nightlies as the developer doesn't want his app used for the future CM commercial product.

I wonder how many volunteer developers will pull out of the current CM development. We could see AOKP really pick up steam if they all jump ship to it.

The transition was always gonna be bumpy. Why would people freely contribute to the project in a real hardcore way if they aren't in on the actual venture with the $$$?

The key will be after the transition shakes out if having people full time on the project as their job will bare fruit.

The good thing for us ROMers is we have AOKP to fall back on it shit doesn't pan out.

tino

Banned
Help me, bros! I'm trying to activate my N4 on T-Mobile.com for the $30 plan but it always leads me to THIS fucking screen:

I called the number and the dude told me it was some kind of Walmart special and that I could only get it online, but the website is taking me NOWHERE. Has anyone else gotten out of this shit loop?

I've been awaiting this "Text message" for over an hour now. Is it like a 24-hour thing or if it hasn't come by now am I kind of fucked?

You need a walmart phone IMEI to activate that plan. I have said a few times and people don't believe me. See if you can buy a pre activated sim on ebay for 5.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
You need a walmart phone IMEI to activate that plan. I have said a few times and people don't believe me. See if you can buy a pre activated sim on ebay for 5.

Damn, well I wish I'd seen you mention it :/ I reckon I'll go with a better plan then. Not the end of the world, I suppose.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe this way I can get it done online. I hate that phone-talkin' nonsense.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone posted this 5.0 concept video yet? I now LOVE the idea of somehow integrating notifications with Google Now...seems so obvious in hindsight...

Android 5.0 Concept
That's hideous. It looks cluttered and unusable.

Good. Fuck CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom