• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mturco

Yeah I've been using CM since my original Droid and it just kind of became an automatic thing to install it on every phone since then. Back in the 2.3/4.0 days CM actually added a lot of cool/useful stuff, but now I think stock Android has caught up and CM is really less appealing and not worth all the hassle.

Anyway, I think I'm going to convert mine to GPE, but I can't get S-OFF on my phone no matter what XDA guide I follow. I know my HBOOT firmware is early enough to do it but it keeps failing. Do you know which guide you followed to do yours?

Never mind finally got it to work. Had to install a stock Sense ROM for some reason. Now to install GPE...

Does anyone know if the Moto Trade Up program accepts phones with unlocked bootloaders or otherwise modified firmware? I have an old Droid 3 I want to trade in but I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get safestrap on there and I have no idea how to get it back to stock.

mturco

Ok so I've been playing with the Google Play Edition rom for like half an hour now and I can definitely say it is absolutely quicker than CM10.2. It's very noticeable when you hit the back button a bunch of times. It just responds a lot quicker.

Anyone here with a GT-I9500 Galaxy S4 Octa-core variant?

Any recommendations on ROMs? Tried Phoenix ROM (Good battery, bad performance), Omega ROM (v13 = good balance between battery and performance, v14 = absolutely horrible, battery butcher), Neat ROM (Same as Omega v14)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Anyone here with a GT-I9500 Galaxy S4 Octa-core variant?

Any recommendations on ROMs? Tried Phoenix ROM (Good battery, bad performance), Omega ROM (v13 = good balance between battery and performance, v14 = absolutely horrible, battery butcher), Neat ROM (Same as Omega v14)

As always I vote for CM and AOKP.

Dropped my phone (s4) in water completely submerged on accident and took it out.

Everything's fine. Was barely even wet, probably because of the tiny earholes and tight backing.

Eat shit, HTC One users.

gcubed

Ok so I've been playing with the Google Play Edition rom for like half an hour now and I can definitely say it is absolutely quicker than CM10.2. It's very noticeable when you hit the back button a bunch of times. It just responds a lot quicker.

CM isnt worth the time in my experience... And that's at best.

It's OK when you have an out of date phone with no other options but I could never see a reason to run it on a new phone, it's not stable or quick

mturco

It's OK when you have an out of date phone with no other options but I could never see a reason to run it on a new phone, it's not stable or quick

Yeah, CM these days is really just the best way to get stock Android when you can't otherwise. If you are already running stock (or near stock like the Moto X), it really isn't worth it.

I think the only CM feature I care about losing is probably being able to add a bunch of different things to the Quick Settings shade like a flashlight. Other than that, it's all the same.

Edit: And actually speaking of the flashlight quick setting, is there a way to do this on stock Android?

daoster

So...other than Nexus 5, are there any other big flagship phones coming out before the end of the year? I think I'm just gonna buy an HTC One off contract to keep my Verizon unlimited... :(

tino

Banned
So...other than Nexus 5, are there any other big flagship phones coming out before the end of the year? I think I'm just gonna buy an HTC One off contract to keep my Verizon unlimited... :(

If you are in the US everyone has shot his load.

HTC has One Biggie-size-it and may make a One+ with Tegra4 inside but do you really want it?

When are to Android branded Kit Kat's coming out. I want them.

Availble in NorCal.

MHux4Lt.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

There's a lot I like about CM. Customizing notification lights, quick toggles, pie controls, lock screen shortcuts. Most of that can be done via apps, yes, but baked in is better.

Tell me... are they green?
Are they android shaped? And which store?

No. They're just regular four piece Kit Kat. Inside the wrapper you're instructed to visit
android.com/kitkat to enter the code to check if you won anything. I haven't done that yet. The ones I got where from a grocery store but I've seen them at gas stations. I didn't think they were that hard to find. Maybe check stores that get a lot of traffic because they should stock their candy section more often.

Threi

notag
Annnnnd...BBM app is a no-show (yet).

Tons of fakes on the play store too. The fakes ask for a rating first (which people are doing like idiots)

jokkir

No. They're just regular four piece Kit Kat. Inside the wrapper you're instructed to visit
android.com/kitkat to enter the code to check if you won anything. I haven't done that yet. The ones I got where from a grocery store but I've seen them at gas stations. I didn't think they were that hard to find. Maybe check stores that get a lot of traffic because they should stock their candy section more often.

Well, that's really disappointing

L034

Is it possible to control the Play Music app on an Android from another Android device?

I've tried Music Remote, but it hasn't been updated in a while :(

Can anyone suggest any addons for google maps that will improve how it handles bookmarks / destinations?

I used to use my Nokia for a sat nav and it worked pretty much flawlessly, but now I've switched to a Nexus 4 and I'm stuck with google maps. It works ok (assuming I have a connection) but it only seems to let me save destinations that are "places".

What I really need to be able to do is save a set of co-ordinates with a name so that I can navigate to it again later (these places are often in the middle of no-where). Anything out there that will help? Don't really want to have to keep my old phone around for GPS duties.

Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom