• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Z1, but still a way from the top P&S cameras.

Very curious to see how Z1s camera will perform once its proper firmware is released.

Sony Canada needs to get their arses in gear and give some Z1 info! Their Facebook page says they should have info before the end of the month. REALLY hoping they don't come out and say the launch is still months away.

Toki767

We just got the LG G2 in stock. I'm dying to try it out. Other than it's apparent supernatural battery, is it supposed to be a decent phone?

Supposed to have the nicest screen too. The software is what kills it though. Which is what the Nexus 5 should fix. I doubt we'll ever see a GPE G2.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
kitkat event will probably be the same as the nexus 5 event. Assuming they even have one. Might just do it press release style like the hurricane made them do last year.

I'd imagine it will be announced when the Nexus 5 is. Rumor has that in the middle of October.
Yeah it'll definitely be with the new Nexus. That's why it has to be soon. The announcement has to be in October with a two week lead time.

Do you think they'll even have an event? The Nexus 4 just suddenly appeared on The Verge one day.

The event for the Nexus 4 was canceled because of the hurricane in New York.

I think The Verge broke the story because their NDA agreement or whatever only lasted until the day of the event.

Blackhead

Redarse
about as legit as the 20 bbm apps that show up on the play store every 12 hours or so

This is actually working though. I'd say it's about legit as the Airplay apps on Android. I doubt this will last past morning once Apple's lawyers wake up and sends a IP infringement claim to the guys running the Play Store.

Thorndyke

Neo Member
Hi guys,

I currently have a sony xperia go. What is a good mp3 player app? I currently use the default 'walkman' sony software, buts it feels very sluggish. Also, I cant do what I liked most about when I had an ipod, and that was when playing a song, being easily able to navigate to a list of every song in the current album by double clicking home button.

Is it best just to stay with the default since my phone is not very powerful?

So, my contract with AT&T is up soon, and I'll be switching to T-Mobile. I have had the iPhone 4s for nearly 2 years and I want to mix it up a bit by switching to an Android Phone.

Now, this means I have several options to choose from, and I just wanted to ask you fellow Gaffers what phone you think I should get.

My top choices based on word-of-mouth and online reviews are:

- LG G2
- Galaxy S4
- Galaxy Note III
- HTC One

To give you kind of a background on my regular phone usage, I mainly use my phone to stream music, watch videos and browse the web while on the bus. If there is a phone out of the phones from my list above that can do these things better than the others, I would like to know. :)

EDIT: Just realized that the Moto X isn't on T-Mobile, so I removed it from my list. ;)

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Downloading iMessage just in case. If it's Malware will just downloading it kill me or do I need to OPEN it? Also, I may not be an iOS dude anymore but my AppleID still uses a password I still use, could this guy potentially be reading people's log in details?

Zeppu

I'm confused.

On one end it seems unlikely that invites for an unveiling event haven't been sent out 4 days before that date. Also, announcements on a Saturday?
On the other hand why would KitKat botch this?

My best guess is that, as many have already pointed out, the media already knows everything about KK but they have an NDA until Saturday.

It could also have something to do with this, whatever this is:

Wr9KNKL.png

Yo, this sends data to Chinese servers: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6435902

"Why is it any worse than only Apple server reading all you messages? You trust one third party with proven track record of spying on its customers, but somehow you are upset that someone else also has access to you messages, thought that someone didn't (yet) do anything wrong with them.

If you are American, you don't have to fear from Chinese espionage, and US agencies already have your data. If you are European, it's more or less the same. If you are from China, well, at least you can prove that you are not doing anything behind the government back ;)
"

That's amazing.

tino

Banned
"Why is it any worse than only Apple server reading all you messages? You trust one third party with proven track record of spying on its customers, but somehow you are upset that someone else also has access to you messages, thought that someone didn't (yet) do anything wrong with them.

If you are American, you don't have to fear from Chinese espionage, and US agencies already have your data. If you are European, it's more or less the same. If you are from China, well, at least you can prove that you are not doing anything behind the government back ;)
"

That's amazing.

Is iMessage a closed system? If it is then you need a server to forward the message for you anyway.

Don't you need to place the server in a country that doesn't respect the copyright and patent that protect the iMessage protocal to get this work?

Is like an app that can download youtube video for you. You pretty much have to get that app from shady places.

DXPett1

I'd say it's the official start date for Kit Kat / Google promotion (though I just read in Oz it starts Oct 1st). Maybe half a month of promo that leads up to event for 4.4 + Nexus 4 '13/5?

I'd say it's the official start date for Kit Kat / Google promotion (though I just read in Oz it starts Oct 1st). Maybe half a month of promo that leads up to event for 4.4 + Nexus 4 '13/5?

We have a winner.

That's definitely not the announcement of KitKat or the Nexus 5, just more promo for the candybars.

this_guy

"

That's amazing.

Sounds legit. Will download now

Talon

"

That's amazing.
LMAO. Full heel.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
In a new move for EA they seem to be jumping on the Android bandwagon. It started with a Madden release last week, and EA is following it up with FIFA.

Both titles are free to download coupled with in app purchases. Also like Madden it has been optimized for Tablets.

Google Play Store

- LG G2
- Galaxy S4
- Galaxy Note III
- HTC One

To give you kind of a background on my regular phone usage, I mainly use my phone to stream music, watch videos and browse the web while on the bus. If there is a phone out of the phones from my list above that can do these things better than the others, I would like to know. :)

EDIT: Just realized that the Moto X isn't on T-Mobile, so I removed it from my list. ;)

Moto x is on t mobile, as far as I know. It's on every major carrier. I'm kind of on the same boat as you, except I'm with sprint. I chose moto x for a variety of reasons, it's as close as you can get to android stock without it being a nexus phone and the lower specs does not mean much if you look at the reviews. Plus I like the fact that it's assembled in the US, but that's just a bonus. The most important factor for me is being without much bloated SW. My mom recently got the S4 and I went to play with it and it had a shitload of bloatware. Also, I'm not sure if they are on tmobile, but xperia phones have gotten good reviews lately, so you could consider those.

yyzjohn

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom