• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Honestly, for a mobile game designed to support a gazillion different types of devices I think it looks damn impressive. Reminds me of how some PSP games could look at times. Though honestly, mobile gaming has still long ways to go in terms of visuals to even compete with PSP.

Looks a shit ton better than the PSP.

That being said I think it's partly because of the Android RAM + Scaling. Polys and such do remind me of PSP era stuff, but I think playing it on a 1080p screen makes it look so much better than any PSP game.

As I said in that thread it sort of reminds me of a high res OG Xbox game and I say the Xbox because the Xbox could do some decent lighting for its time.

Groof

Looks a shit ton better than the PSP.

That being said I think it's partly because of the Android RAM + Scaling. Polys and such do remind me of PSP era stuff, but I think playing it on a 1080p screen makes it look so much better than any PSP game.

As I said in that thread it sort of reminds me of a high res OG Xbox game and I say the Xbox because the Xbox could do some decent lighting for its time.
Yeah I'm sure seeing the game on the actual device would make a difference in how it is perceived, but going merely by the screens that's how I see it.
Oh and you can't possibly say it competes with games like GoW and Kingdom Hearts for PSP.

Vanillalite

Yeah I'm sure seeing the game on the actual device would make a difference in how it is perceived, but going merely by the screens that's how I see it.
Oh and you can't possibly say it competes with games like GoW and Kingdom Hearts for PSP.

Like I said I think the resolution has a lot to do with it. PSP res is 480x272 where as I'm playing this at 1920 x 1080. Plus the Nexus 7 has an iPad like screen in terms of quality.

Google some pics of GoW PSP like I just did. You'll forget how PSP games really looked at that res. :p

Vanillalite

N7 has a better screen than the iPad, in terms of PPI though.

Not just PPI, but in screen colors and such Anand said it was the first Android tablet screen to match the iPad.

Also looking at those screens on my desktop they definitely look worse. The PPI does definitely help compared to my 22" monitor.

RayStorm

Something wonderful has happened to my Galaxy S3, it actually stopped using the battery when the display is off and all connections are disabled. So far with 5 hours of music playing, 2 hours of on screen time and 45 minutes of surfing the internet via WLAN and 3d it has lasted 5 days and 12 hours and still has 13% remaining.

In the previous year I've had it, the longest it lasted (with similar usage mind you) was 4 days. I don't know what happened or why, I didn't change anything, but at least for this one glorious recharging cycle I'm actually happy with the battery.

I only dread the next time I charge it's going to go back to its old ways :/

I don't get these companies sometimes. They act like they put so much thought into their products like LG in that video above and Samsung has in the past. Yet they continue to use glossy plastic. Which seems like the most obvious offense there is. Do they not realize it sucks? Truly clueless? Or do they just give zero fucks and it's cheaper for them.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I don't get these companies sometimes. They act like they put so much thought into their products like LG in that video above and Samsung has in the past. Yet they continue to use glossy plastic. Which seems like the most obvious offense there is. Do they not realize it sucks? Truly clueless? Or do they just give zero fucks and it's cheaper for them.

They have to sell their junk somehow. Works for Samsung. Hell I've had 11 Nexus 4's since December 2012. I guess it works for LG too.

Vanillalite

To be fair a big problem is getting good signal to a device made out of high quality materials.

Everyone would bitch if wireless and wifi signal totally sucked even if the phone looked bossly.

Cipherr

I think they do, but it takes forever to penetrate their thick skulls.

Leaks have been saying Samsungs entire phone line (Galaxy + Note) is going Aluminum chassis next year. Took forever but apparently they realized. HTC started designing much better with the first 'One' (How ridiculous does that sound.... the First One....).

To be fair a big problem is getting good signal to a device made out of high quality materials.

Everyone would bitch if wireless and wifi signal totally sucked even if the phone looked bossly.
I'm not saying not to use plastic though, I'm just saying not to use cheap ass looking and feeling glossy plastic.

Ephemeris

Ever had one of those days where you wake up and find out you need to leave before the end of the week?

Aw man.

The company I work for is strict about moving too. Need to provide at least 2 weeks notice. :/

I need some nexus 5 news to deliver me to the promised land.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

I was about to say this. The materials feel cheap and look cheap, no need for a fluff piece on the manufacturing process.

bob page

How's the app situation on tablets right now? I'm thinking of selling my iPad mini since iOS 7 is a buggy mess, but wasn't sure if it's gotten better since last time I had an Android tablet (OG Nexus 7).

Vanillalite

How's the app situation on tablets right now? I'm thinking of selling my iPad mini since iOS 7 is a buggy mess, but wasn't sure if it's gotten better since last time I had an Android tablet (OG Nexus 7).

It's not gonna be wildly better than when you had your OG Nexus.

That being said I personally have no issues.

indeed. matte is better. gloss must be popular in Korea...

back buttons! life's good!

ZavLvAb.jpg

I was surprised they didn't have an event like they did last year, but I guess there's no reason to do so. Just announce the product and put it up for pre-order.

While I would never actually get a Kindle Fire tablet as the OS pretty bad and way too limiting, plus the terrible app store, I'm glad they're offering a 64GB version. Hopefully it'll push Google to offer similar storage options on Nexus devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom