• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

1208680_405004782958596_94045716_n.jpg

Fucking hilarious.

The Verge said:
Samsung is launching its own golden phone in the shape of a new Gold Edition Galaxy S4. There are two options, Gold Pink or Gold Brown, which Samsung is proudly showing off on its United Arab Emirates social media outlets.

Milchjon

Samsung has been making gold Android phones for a while now. in China anyway...

Yeah, I wouldn't claim that making a gold phone is overly innovative. But still, good timing.

And taking one of the uglier smartphones out there, making it golden and combining it with brown and pink just makes it look like they're fucking with us.

Groof

Keeping up with the Samsung news...

GSM Arena: Samsung to introduce new super-premium Galaxy F line
Word out of Korean news site ETNews is that Samsung is allegedly developing a new ultra-premium Galaxy F series to go alongside its well-known Galaxy S line. The first device in this series is slated to get introduced early next year.

If the source is to be believed, the first F series device (most likely called the Galaxy F), will feature a full-metal body and updated design. It's set to come with an Octa-core Exynos processor, 16MP camera with OIS. No word on the screen size or resolution, but it will likely be priced higher than the Note series.

SimleuqiR

Don't expect the Nexus 5 (or KitKat update) to be available sometime in October.

Looking back at my emails from last year, I was able to pre-order my Nexus 4 on 11/13/12. Phone shipped a couple of weeks later. It was in my hands on 11/29.

Nexus-launch.PNG

Talon

The matte material that Motorola used on the RIZR and now the Moto X and the one HTC used on the 8X and One X are fantastic. Feels nice, sturdy and grippy.

Groof

I think at least 60% of korean commercials work on the same notion of repeating the same joke three or four times.

Even better is when the exact same commercial is replayed back-to-back.

I'm looking at you, Cheetos! (Korean Cheetos are nasty, btdubs)
Lol yeah I know. When I was living there that commercial was all I saw as soon as I turned on the TV. Every day.

gcubed

Don't expect the Nexus 5 (or KitKat update) to be available sometime in October.

Looking back at my emails from last year, I was able to pre-order my Nexus 4 on 11/13/12. Phone shipped a couple of weeks later. It was in my hands on 11/29.

[IM1G]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-oeJUCkG4jh8/UkLvEc00AYI/AAAAAAABch4/moKuA1Z7tlQ/w595-h631-no/Nexus-launch.PNG[/IMG]

Not sure the relevance here... The nexus 4 hadn't been leaked (FCC filings, videos, etc) nearly as early as this one, combined with a previous model price drop and inventory clearance it's going to be at the very minimum announced in October.

Not sure the relevance here... The nexus 4 hadn't been leaked (FCC filings, videos, etc) nearly as early as this one, combined with a previous model price drop and inventory clearance it's going to be at the very minimum announced in October.
yeah I was going to say, timeline seems to be a bit sped up this year.

And they're standing in the DESERT

They know where the market is for these phones...
/notracist

Anyways, if Samsung wants to be taken seriously they need to stop this shit. Like the mocking Apple stuff and then repeatedly copying what they do except doing it 10x worse.

lol... they'll find a way to fuck it up. Watch them use chrome all over the phone and call it metal.

SimleuqiR

The Nexus 4 had barely any leaks. Earliest I could find was at the begining of October:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/FCC-...harging-capability-for-the-LG-Nexus-4_id35498

It will probably be announced at the end of October just like the Nexus 4:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6416/lg-and-google-announce-the-nexus-4-starts-at-299

It still didn't become available until the end of November. So I wouldn't hold my breath for it becoming available in October.

I would love to be wrong though :)

Zeppu

Nexus Phone Lifecycle:

0. <nothing>
1. Leaks - Underwhelming specs
2. Debunk
3. Leaks - confirmation of previous specs
4. Announcement
5. Preorder
6. Google Play store fucks up
7. Stock issues
8. Pops up at Ebuyer/Handtec for unsubsidised price. Still no official release date for anywhere in Europe
9. Release!!!
10. Major flaw found. Shipping delayed everywhere
11. More stock issues
12. Actual release some 3 months later

yyzjohn

Banned
Nexus Phone Lifecycle:

0. <nothing>
1. Leaks - Underwhelming specs
2. Debunk
3. Leaks - confirmation of previous specs
4. Announcement
5. Preorder
6. Google Play store fucks up
7. Stock issues
8. Pops up at Ebuyer/Handtec for unsubsidised price. Still no official release date for anywhere in Europe
9. Release!!!
10. Major flaw found. Shipping delayed everywhere
11. More stock issues
12. Actual release some 3 months later

Underwhelming specs? When the Nexus 4 came out it pretty much had the best processor available at the time.

I think the nexus 5 will be announced by mid october but as for when we will have it in our hands, that's anyone's guess considering google's track record with releasing and shipping products.

zedge

They know where the market is for these phones...
/notracist

Anyways, if Samsung wants to be taken seriously they need to stop this shit. Like the mocking Apple stuff and then repeatedly copying what they do except doing it 10x worse.

lol... they'll find a way to fuck it up. Watch them use chrome all over the phone and call it metal.
Taken seriously by who? They seem to be doing fine. They are the largest smartphone seller in the world selling millions of phones..regardless of what a small minority of us nerds think.

tino

Banned

Xiaomi said they will ship the SD800 version of Mi3 "Novenber", I expect Google will announce and ship Nexus 5 at the same time.

The launch of the Nexus 4 was a disaster last year. First the event was canceled because of Huricane Sandy, then googles system and stock was inadequate for the demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom