• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search for Android Tutorials from MyBringBack or TheNewBoston. Should be the same tutorials by the same guy, but they're posted slightly differently for his website (mybringback) or TNB.

This was the first thing I started with when learning programming and he is pretty easy to listen to and nice and detailed. He assumes no Java background which makes it even easier if you had no programming background, like me.

thanks I'll check that out

I need some leaks gotdammit! I hope someone out there with a KitKat running Nexus 5 just blows the whole thing open. I need some leaks in my life.

Edit: Hmm, that last sentence doesn't sound so pleasant now that I think about it.

mturco

They didn't add online/offline indicators to Hangouts. It just shows you whether they are using Hangouts (i.e., have the app installed). I just installed the update and the only people on my contact list that don't have a green icon are the ones who have never used Hangouts before.

Oh yeah, this is to anyone with a 1080p phone (like the GS4 or HTC One):

If you've received the YouTube update, does it fix the weird empty space bug you get when going from landscape to portrait?

Screenshot_2013-09-25-17-44-25.png

mturco

Oh yeah, this is to anyone with a 1080p phone (like the GS4 or HTC One):

If you've received the YouTube update, does it fix the weird empty space bug you get when going from landscape to portrait?

I have an HTC One and I've never had this problem before (or on the new version). I haven't used Sense since I bought it, though, so that could be the problem.

Video Games Awesome fan (farfromsubtle)!!!!!!!!
farfromsubtle is awesome! Though sometimes the main guy who usually does the playing (can't remember his name) can be very f'n annoying. Still great though.

I have an HTC One and I've never had this problem before (or on the new version). I haven't used Sense since I bought it, though, so that could be the problem.
I've had this problem with old versions of YouTube too, before the redesign. It happens every time I watch a video in landscape and then go back to portrait in another part of the app.

mturco

farfromsubtle is awesome! Though sometimes the main guy who usually does the playing (can't remember his name) can be very f'n annoying. Still great though.

I've had this problem with old versions of YouTube too, before the redesign. It happens every time I watch a video in landscape and then go back to portrait in another part of the app.

Just tried it and I didn't run into that problem. I don't think I've ever seen it though. Maybe it's a Sense issue? Do you have a One running Sense?

Just tried it and I didn't run into that problem. I don't think I've ever seen it though. Maybe it's a Sense issue? Do you have a One running Sense?

I have a GS4. I figured it affected all 1080p phones since I saw similar complaints regarding this problem when searching Google about it. I thought I remember seeing some One owners with this problem, but perhaps I didn't. Anyway, it's not a huge problem, just a mildly annoying one.

I really wish apple hadn't released ios7. Already sick of customers coming in asking if I can remove it. They hate it. Stupid fisher price OS.

I'm so glad I switched when I did.

Just got the new YouTube update. As far as I can tell, it fixed the problem I was talking about earlier. I can't seem to replicate it anymore. Nice!

Doopliss

Not impressed by the YouTube update. They didn't fix the ugly (nearest neighbour?) scaling which had been making me avoid the app since the redesign. But on top of that I just encountered my first unskippable ad, and they now overlay a huge version of the uploader's icon on the video which seems to have no way to be removed. It's like they're doing everything they can to make me hate it.

Sorry all, but I have a question.

I will be coming over to Android after having a 4S for the past 2 years.

Would like a phone with a (very) good camera. I will be going to Verizon. I will also need to use it as my GPS for running.

I was thinking about a Galaxy, either 3 or 4, or the Moto X (they will get it in October).

Any suggestions? Will the G3/4 be good for running with? Are there other phones that would be good?

Also, has the OS gotten any better in the past 2 years? That was the reason I went to Apple back then.

Any help would be appreciated!

Toki767

Sorry all, but I have a question.

I will be coming over to Android after having a 4S for the past 2 years.

Would like a phone with a (very) good camera. I will be going to Verizon. I will also need to use it as my GPS for running.

I was thinking about a Galaxy, either 3 or 4, or the Moto X (they will get it in October).

Any suggestions? Will the G3/4 be good for running with? Are there other phones that would be good?

Also, has the OS gotten any better in the past 2 years? That was the reason I went to Apple back then.

Any help would be appreciated!

Either of those are fine choices. The HTC One is also a good choice.

What was the last Android phone you used? I'd imagine two years ago they were still on Gingerbread.

Either of those are fine choices. The HTC One is also a good choice.

What was the last Android phone you used? I'd imagine two years ago they were still on Gingerbread.

Cool. I did have a refurb'd HTC. It has the rollerball on the bottom. Gingerbread does sound familiar; I just remember it was pretty crappy.

VanWinkle

Man guys. I bought a Nook HD+ 32GB since it was only $180 with that glorious 9" 1280p screen. I thought it was alright but was just a little disappointed by how sluggish the general operations were compared to my iPad mini, with it's Nook OS software layer. The OS was kind of ugly, too. It was worse when tonight I tried a Nexus 10 at Walmart and was just blown away by how smooth everything was. It made me think that I should try rooting my Nook HD+.

I put Cyanogenmod 10.1 on it with Android 4.2, and...WOW!! It feels like a whole different tablet. Feels almost just as smooth as the Nexus 10, with a 60fps framerate probably a good 90% of the time. I'm so happy, and now can't believe I got this for $180, lol.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
They didn't add online/offline indicators to Hangouts. It just shows you whether they are using Hangouts (i.e., have the app installed). I just installed the update and the only people on my contact list that don't have a green icon are the ones who have never used Hangouts before.
Haha, yup. It's useless.

Is Google from now on going to release app updates a bunch at a time? I like it.
Last time we received so many updates, we got 4.3 soon after.

I really wish apple hadn't released ios7. Already sick of customers coming in asking if I can remove it. They hate it. Stupid fisher price OS.

I'm so glad I switched when I did.

Whatever. People hate change. No matter how amazing iOS 7 is or could have been, people would still hate it just because it's different.

Fatalah

Well, back to the Google Talk app then. Come on Google, we want full-fledged statuses back!

I have to start with T-Mobile on Sunday apparently, which means I will miss out on getting the Note 3 by a few days... Unless it's possible to activate service on T-Mobile and purchase the phone before it's even released.

Is that even possible?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Is it possible to recreate the LG Knock On feature with Tasker?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I have to start with T-Mobile on Sunday apparently, which means I will miss out on getting the Note 3 by a few days... Unless it's possible to activate service on T-Mobile and purchase the phone before it's even released.

Is that even possible?
I don't know what to tell you since I just became a customer last week when I got a Nexus 4 but I'll tell you that, except for some difficulty with starting the plan I wanted I've been very pleased.

When you activate, go out to dinner for a few hours or something just to give them time to properly activate your account. I almost got suckered into the shitty $50 plan because the phone rep said the badass ultra $30 plan was a Walmart exclusive and signing up on the site wasn't working. Dude kept telling me that plan was a Walmart exclusive but the site explicitly said it was an online exclusive.

Sorry for the tangent but switching carriers is always a nightmare, I'm just trying to help you avoid the panic I experienced until I got the right plan to work.

Good luck, it's a hell of a plan.

Esqueleto

Banned

Is that even possible?

Depends who your current carrier is. If it's att, your current phone should work. If you can get your hands on a sim kit, you can activate it yourself online but I think you need an imie to activate it.

Is there anyway that I can log into YouTube from a different account?
Sign out and sign back in.

kehs

Banned
That explains the awkward sexting encounter I just had.

sidenote: milch, my 521 gets here tomorrow, please dont let van go off the deep end when I ask about stuffs in the wp thread. =(

Milchjon

That explains the awkward sexting encounter I just had.

sidenote: milch, my 521 gets here tomorrow, please dont let van go off the deep end when I ask about stuffs in the wp thread. =(

Ahaha

Van is awesome. He at least is straightforward about it, when the rest of us in the WP thread resort to bitter sarcasm ;-)

You'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom