• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Samsung is going backwards technologically. The Note 4 will eschew a SD card in favor of a 120GB HDD and it will look like Gordon Gecko's phone. TouchWiz will complete its transformation to a Windows XP style OS, and it'll have all kinds of stuff running in the taskbar, like McAffee and Intel Integrated Graphics Control Panel.
We need a Clippy clone first.

Zeppu

Mr. Jingles!!

"Looks like you uploaded a photo using Auto-backup. Would you like to share?"

jingles_1998_gif_1x_86e3fc91ff70fd3f827804b368d01a1f.gif

Groof

Mr. Jingles!!

The worst.
But I can't stay mad at his cute face.

kehs

Banned
Samsung is going backwards technologically. The Note 4 will eschew a SD card in favor of a 120GB HDD and it will look like Gordon Gecko's phone. TouchWiz will complete its transformation to a Windows XP style OS, and it'll have all kinds of stuff running in the taskbar, like McAffee and Intel Integrated Graphics Control Panel.

What's wrong with going with a 120 gig hdd instead of sd cards?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
iOS's smoothness is great. When you're using a touch interface, having it be as smooth as possible is great. Yes, yes, function matters. No one is saying it doesn't. But form matters a lot, too. Also, transition animations can really bring a phone to life. They're visual indicators of what an app is doing. Taking a photo with a camera and having the snapped shot visually move to the lower right thumbnail is genius. Visual cues help people learn the OS. They're important. iOS 7 has a ton of visual depth. I love it.

I'm surprised Samsung locked the Note 3 down. What's the benefit? Only to appease carriers. I thought they had enough clout to not stand for that nonsense anymore. They made a ton of carrier variant models with the GS1 and stopped doing that nonsense with the S3 (2?) onwards. Why start it up again now?

Nexus 5 to “match or beat” iPhone 5s graphics performance – preliminary benchmarks

Could easily be fake, but it's the only Nexus 5 "leak"/rumor we've had in a while.

a 10% improvement on the G2 in an offscreen benchmark? i wanna see the receipts...

iOS's smoothness is great. When you're using a touch interface, having it be as smooth as possible is great. Yes, yes, function matters. No one is saying it doesn't. But form matters a lot, too. Also, transition animations can really bring a phone to life. They're visual indicators of what an app is doing. Taking a photo with a camera and having the snapped shot visually move to the lower right thumbnail is genius. Visual cues help people learn the OS. They're important. iOS 7 has a ton of visual depth. I love it.

I'm surprised Samsung locked the Note 3 down. What's the benefit? Only to appease carriers. I thought they had enough clout to not stand for that nonsense anymore. They made a ton of carrier variant models with the GS1 and stopped doing that nonsense with the S3 (2?) onwards. Why start it up again now?

but i though visual cues were condescending, like when you pull down the notification bar in touchwiz and the quick toggles move across to clue people in that there are more of them to the right...

Atruvius

I was supposed to buy my first smart phone like a month ago. But I've been waiting for Sony Xperia ZR's price to drop. One store had it for 499 but it's out of stock. Another store is constantly having it in stock and out of stock, and that store has Xperia Z for 487€ so when ZR comes back in stock it'l probably be cheaper but there's no info when they'll get a shipment. Argh.

obviously, he finally finished the entire kit-kat cnady bar that was sent to him. i mean, do you see how he dresses? a snazzy motherfucker like him probably eats one bar every few days... with a knife and fork.

I was supposed to buy my first smart phone like a month ago. But I've been waiting for Sony Xperia ZR's price to drop. One store had it for 499 but it's out of stock. Another store is constantly having it in stock and out of stock, and that store has Xperia Z for 487€ so when ZR comes back in stock it'l probably be cheaper but there's no info when they'll get a shipment. Argh.

just keep checking. don't settle, get the device you want.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Oh, Samsung. How the hell are you supposed to find out about this without someone showing it to you?

I like how the guy doing the demonstration video didn't get it the first time around.

Tc91

Hey, I've had a S4 for a while now and I remember a thread in off-topic about a guy upgrading from iPhone 4 to S4. A lot of people recommended him to get cyanogen mod on it.

Is it worth doing and is it easy to do?

Toki767

Hey, I've had a S4 for a while now and I remember a thread in off-topic about a guy upgrading from iPhone 4 to S4. A lot of people recommended him to get cyanogen mod on it.

Is it worth doing and is it easy to do?

Which S4 do you have? It may be a better choice to just install a GPE ROM on it if you can.

gcubed

Actually forgot that the Nexus 5 would be rocking 4.4 and the G2 is still only on 4.2.2?

if moving to stock from an htc one or GS4 nets you a performance gain, imagine the performance gain you get when you get away from the LG abortion of a skin

yyzjohn

Banned
if moving to stock from an htc one or GS4 nets you a performance gain, imagine the performance gain you get when you get away from the LG abortion of a skin

I think it's more of the changes from Android 4.2.2 to even 4.3 that would be the difference though. Android 4.3 introduced support for Open GL ES 3.0

Tc91

Which S4 do you have? It may be a better choice to just install a GPE ROM on it if you can.

I guess you need the model number?

GT-I9505. I'm from the UK with O2 if that matters, I saw that Cyanogenmod had a load of different versions for different network operators.

Toki767

I guess you need the model number?

GT-I9505. I'm from the UK with O2 if that matters, I saw that Cyanogenmod had a load of different versions for different network operators.

Ah, well since you're on the international version at least your bootloader is unlocked I think. Means you can pretty much install whatever you'd like. I'd head to XDA for instructions and stuff.

Tc91

Ah, well since you're on the international version at least your bootloader is unlocked I think. Means you can pretty much install whatever you'd like. I'd head to XDA for instructions and stuff.

I'm scared.

So what are the main roms you would recommend to look into? I'll have a mooch around if you name some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom