• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
LG might actually deliver on Samsung's promise.

Remember this:

Galaxy-Nexus-550x298.png

WSJ: LG Will Launch Smartphone With A Curved Screen In November

nexusae0_OB-ZD432_LGPHON_G_20131003001956_thumb.jpg

New Yahoo! phone.

tino

Banned
You know why they bring out the curve screen? Because in 2013 smartphone finally have ran out of hardward feature to put in the phone.

At least Sony is doing the right thing and trying to upgrade the camera.

Toki767

You know why they bring out the curve screen? Because in 2013 smartphone finally have ran out of hardward feature to put in the phone.

That's not true. Fingerprint readers will be all the rage next year.

Milchjon

I just wish there was a phone that put all recent hardware innovations in one bundle.

Wireless charging, gloves-on touch, 1080p screen, OIS, Nokia's 41 MP sensor, NFC, waterproof...

All these things exist, some of them in combination with each other, but why can't there be a "full-featured" phone. I wouldn't mind it being a bit thicker.

I just wish there was a phone that put all recent hardware innovations in one bundle.

Wireless charging, gloves-on touch, 1080p screen, OIS, Nokia's 41 MP sensor, NFC, waterproof...

All these things exist, some of them in combination with each other, but why can't there be a "full-featured" phone. I wouldn't mind it being a bit thicker.

i'm sure a 2014 Nokia will have all of the above except maybe waterproofing...

gcubed

s-ZACK-MORRIS-PHONE-large300.jpg

tino

Banned
That's not true. Fingerprint readers will be all the rage next year.

Compare to 1080p screen or larger memory its still a very minor upgrade. It's as useful to me as the face unlock feature. I put it on the same level of usefulness as the IR blaster and NFC. Know what, its more useful than NFC, NFC is useless.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I hope the Nexus 5 doesn't have shitty NFC and joins the killing of that hot garbage tech. BLE needs to be deeply ingrained into 5.0, if not 4.4. I won't build my own house without this tech.

So I have my old Samsung Vibrant I haven't been able to find a buyer for and I'm looking into other things I could use it for. I've seen a couple of videos on how to use it as a webserver or a remote control, and that sounds kind of neat. Any other suggestions besides the obvious like using it as an MP3 player?

PriitV

So I have my old Samsung Vibrant I haven't been able to find a buyer for and I'm looking into other things I could use it for. I've seen a couple of videos on how to use it as a webserver or a remote control, and that sounds kind of neat. Any other suggestions besides the obvious like using it as an MP3 player?

Use it as a dashcam for your car.

Question, my girlfriend has that purple S3 from sprint, if we picked up a GSM S3 I wouldnt be able to transfer the purple shell to the GSM S3 would I?

i use my Epic 4G as a clock/radio

Question, my girlfriend has that purple S3 from sprint, if we picked up a GSM S3 I wouldnt be able to transfer the purple shell to the GSM S3 would I?
the back plate is just snap on/snap off, but the front is bonded to the glass and display, so you would have to take the entire device apart.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
My co worker got the Note 3 today and we were playing with it all afternoon at work. Plenty of impressions out already, but I'm surprised how "compact" it is given the screen dimensions. It's also quite thin, which makes it so that it doesn't look absurd when you hold it. Perhaps too big for me, but my co worker is big, so he didn't have any problems, although it's still a two hands device.

The camera was a nice surprise for me too, lightning quick and the pictures looked pretty good up against my 1020's pics. You could tell a difference if you zoomed in enough, but even in the bad lighting of our office the pics were pretty crisp. The other nice surprise is that the phone comes with 32gb of storage, I thought it would be just 16 plus SD.

Running apps side by side is neat, drawing the small window to run an app in it was kinda gimmicky, but there are probably some scenarios where it would be useful. Touchwiz is....yuck, but the phone ran butter smooth, absolutely no hiccups at all, even while testing out all the features. Some of the apps showed up pretty funky on the screen, like the ESPN fantasy football app where there were gaps because the app didn't scale properly. Others, like the facebook app, looked glorious on that gigantic, gorgeous screen. It looked a little washed out on the blacks, but that was compared to my oled screen, which of course has other inherent color saturation issues, so it's a tradeoff. Overall, this thing is a beast-in every sense of the word. I know my co worker is going to love it.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
That same co worker is selling me his One X for $120. The screen is flawless and the body is well preserved. Worth it as a backup phone?

What's the best email client for Android?

On the iOS I like Mailbox and Sparrow, they don't seem to have them for Android. This LG email client seems to be like a piece of shit, LOL. I hate the look.

Any better ones out there?

SUPREME1

Banned
It's not like lytro at all, its like the current trend of taking a series of photos very fast and pick the best one (or photoshop a better one out of it). HTC One started this, both iPhone and S4 have similar features.

My Optimus G has had the feature since December 2012 bruh.

Great phone which gets overlooked for some odd reason. It's basically a nexus 4 with legit LTE and a 13mp camera.

No vanilla android, but the skin is minimal.

Oh well.

Great phone which gets overlooked for some odd reason. It's basically a nexus 4 with legit LTE and a 13mp camera.

Oh well.

Optimus G skin is definitely not minimal. It's a great phone though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

kehs

Banned
They get full screen stuffs though unlike the rest of lame chrome for android.

According to the ap article they get extra is level stuff...

Cipherr

I've already taken a few pictures with it. You must be drunk or confused.

He is confused.

You're right, i just remembered the 5c is out already.

No, you just misread the HTC One X for the HTC One. Although thats more of HTC's fault with their dumbass names.

Oh well.

It just takes some consistency for people to pay attention to an OEM. LG is getting there, the G was okay, the G2 is pretty damn nice all around. If they can deliver great phones for another solid year (next years flagship) then they might have a consistent enough streak to get people paying more attention to them. They have been doing well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom