• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

Man, I can never get mine to look like that. I always only have weather on it so I just got rid of it.

you have any sports teams? I don't use it, i just dropped it there for the screenshot.

On a creepy google note, i'm not sure how long this has been there for as I have always taken public transportation until i moved to CA... but for my commute home card on a no traffic 25 minute ride, i will often see Traffic to Home - 44 minutes (6 minutes less then usual). So, it knows how much normal traffic is for the time i leave... which is creepy as shit

snacknuts

we all knew her
If anyone is interested, Amazon is finally selling the AT&T and Sprint versions of the Galaxy Note 3. For some reason, the AT&T build will set you back $749 (instead of $699 buying direct from AT&T) and $799 for Sprint. I'm hoping they get the Verizon version next week. I would rather buy it from Amazon for $749 than from Verizon for $50 less.

How long is this themer beta code going to take? Anyone on the list waiting like me? :-/

A buddy of mine had something like 8,000 people ahead of him the other day. He got in the following day.

Groof

you have any sports teams? I don't use it, i just dropped it there for the screenshot.

On a creepy google note, i'm not sure how long this has been there for as I have always taken public transportation until i moved to CA... but for my commute home card on a no traffic 25 minute ride, i will often see Traffic to Home - 44 minutes (6 minutes less then usual). So, it knows how much normal traffic is for the time i leave... which is creepy as shit
Nah, I don't follow the stock market either. I'm a boring person I guess.

Samsung gonna samsung.

lol nice try buttfaces

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Samsung gonna samsung.

That's what I'd say if I were them, too. It's honest. What are benchmarks for, if not to show max power? It's not day to day power. Apple already made that distinction awhile ago. Therefore, I don't see the issue Apple fans take with Samsung Samsunging.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
$446 US

$446 US

$446 US

$446 US

Not so Nexus 4

If that's the case, <3 my Nexus 4.
Probably gonna be $300/400 again.

$300/$350! I swear the Nexus 4 launch is the most misremembered phone launch of all time. People think it had weak specs, cite wrong price points, etc. That's a testament to how game changing it was.

SimleuqiR

$300/$350! I swear the Nexus 4 launch is the most misremembered phone launch of all time. People think it had weak specs, cite wrong price points, etc. That's a testament to how game changing it was.

I think I'm going to just expect it to be $450.00. This way I don't get price sticker shock

$450 on contract? Jeez

T-mobile sell the Nexus 4 at: 427.99 full retail price

I really think people downplay the fact that Google pretty much gave the NEXUS 4 away (dirt cheap).

It was definitely not game changing. Whether it was gutsy or whatever is one thing, but the game is very much the same in the US: buy on contract for $0-$200.

Eanan

$446 US

$446 US

$446 US

$446 US

Not so Nexus 4

Im guessing that will be the 8gb model? As £275 for a 16gb nexus 5 on release is a good deal. Maybe I should have waited instead of getting the Nexus 4 16gb for £200 last month...

EDIT: Wait, is that $446 unlocked or on contract?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Hmm I'll go with $350/400 if that was the case. I don't see how they can squeeze the G2 specs down below $400 for the top end model.

Groof

Dude at AndroidPolice says Hangouts with SMS integration is in testing for 4.4.
https://plus.google.com/107797272029781254158/posts/g3R51JxPjcC

AU7Amsc.gif

$446 US

$446 US

$446 US

$446 US

[SPOILR]Not so Nexus 4[/SPOILER]

Actually, it's very much in-line with the Nexus 4 launch price in the UK, which was £239 for the 8GB and about £275 for the 16gb. The source for this article is a UK retailer.

I think I'm going to just expect it to be $450.00. This way I don't get price sticker shock

Sure, but it's going to be <$400 for sure, if this rumor is accurate.

EDIT: Less than.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dude at AndroidPolice says Hangouts with SMS integration is in testing for 4.4.
https://plus.google.com/107797272029781254158/posts/g3R51JxPjcC

tIAslyU.gif

This is nice. Except I use Google Voice for SMS and calling. WHEN YOU GONNA INTEGRATE THAT, GOOGLE?! HANGOUTS IS USELESS TO ME RIGHT NOW.

Um, this is that integration lol.

Hangouts already has calling. All that's left is SMS, which this rumor is about.

It should be able to handle MMS as well.

MEGATON

bananas

Banned
tIAslyU.gif

Um, this is that integration lol.

Hangouts already has calling. All that's left is SMS, which this rumor is about.

MEGATON

Kind of. Google Voice calls your Hangout/Google Talk account and does it that way. But all your voicemail are still on the Google Voice end of things, both the site and Android app. I want it to be merged into one thing.

Toki767

But didn't iMessage require iOS5+ or whatever?

But what's the point of putting out all your apps on the Play Store if you're just going to go back to restricting it to the latest version again? It's a miracle non-Nexus phones are seeing 4.3 fairly soonish after it came out as is. I don't know that the odds of them seeing 4.4 anytime soon are as high.

Groof

But on Android all the Google apps and services have been separate from the OS updates for a while now. It's all done through Google Play.

But what's the point of putting out all your apps on the Play Store if you're just going to go back to restricting it to the latest version again? It's a miracle non-Nexus phones are seeing 4.3 fairly soonish after it came out as is. I don't know that the odds of them seeing 4.4 anytime soon are as high.
I know, I'm just putting things in perspective. I don't think they'd have a requirement like that, maybe initially. But there might be some carrier involvement or under the hood type stuff that won't allow older versions to use the app like that.

Toki767

I know, I'm just putting things in perspective. I don't think they'd have a requirement like that, maybe initially. But there might be some carrier involvement or under the hood type stuff that won't allow older versions to use the app like that.

I was thinking maybe there'd be some new API in 4.4 that was required for it. That would be a pretty big let down if it happened that way.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Guys there is no way Hangouts will require 4.4. This is an app that runs on Android 2.3 and Google made a big deal out of that five months ago at I/o.

Blackhead

Redarse
The app itself maybe won't, but the SMS integration might.

Possible, us in the nexus master race won't care though.

Heh, I've bookmarked a couple of posts by Galaxy users who insist that the latest version of Android adds nothing over Touchwiz. Would love to see their reactions if Hangouts+SMS/MMS is 4.4 only (even if I doubt that will happen).

MMS integration is huge. Sending mms (gifs in particular) is just broken on Android and is a big reason I want to switch to the iPhone 5s (just been waiting for Pebble to get their act together and support iOS7)

Heh, I've bookmarked a couple of posts by Galaxy users who insist that the latest version of Android adds nothing over Touchwiz. Would love to see their reactions if Hangouts+SMS/MMS is 4.4 only (even if I doubt that will happen).

MMS integration is huge. Sending mms (gifs in particular) is just broken on Android and is a big reason I want to switch to the iPhone 5s (just been waiting for Pebble to get their act together and support iOS7)

you want to switch operating systems so that you can send animated gifs?

kehs

Banned
Gimmick?

lol

Google continually throws older version of androids under the bus when they introduce new stuffs. They designed the play store in a manner that allows developers to do the same.

yyzjohn

Banned
The screwed over all the pre JB people with google now, why wouldn't they do it with hangouts?

Google Now was never launched on previous versions of android before JB, Hangouts is already on older versions of Android. SMS integration isn't a huge deal, not sure why you think they'd block it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom