• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

I'm on the Chrome Beta channel as my main browser. I got no problems with it. Hell IDK what happened, but I randomly ran a sunspider test last night and finally cracked the 1000 barrier on my Nexus 7 with Chrome beta.

I use feedly on my phone/tablet/pc. Works great for me, and I see no reason to switch to Press especially since Press isn't free. I have similar feelings about Antennapod and Pocketcasts.

I ended up buying Press before I saw this... - feel kinda dumb it's really simple/minimalist

Toki767

To be fair with the whole Samsung leaving Android thing, I really don't think the casual customer associates Touchwiz with Android. They probably just think it's its own OS.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
To be fair with the whole Samsung leaving Android thing, I really don't think the casual customer associates Touchwiz with Android. They probably just think it's its own OS.

It's probably better that way. TouchWiz is so ugly it has no justification being mentioned with Android.

wilflare

Why? Press has pretty much all of the features you need and it supports Fever/Feedbin which imo are infinitely better than Feedly.

I'm trying to make sense of the Mobilizer thingum...
what does it do?
and it doesn't open up Chrome no matter what

kehs

Banned
So wordament just came out on android.

Jesus fuck is Microsoft bad at android. Music cuts off when playing and sound on. It keeps signing me back if I leave for more than like fifteen minutes. That layout is garbage too.

so this happened...

YS7OPkD.png

wasn't even close.

Why not T-mobile, at&t, and sprint all are west coast providers basically. East coast most coverage is verizon I've found.

Sprint is definitely an East Coast provider. T-Mobile is more of a big city provider...

kharma45

so this happened...

YS7OPkD.png

wasn't even close.

But hey, with it being PhoneArena they can't just leave it at that

'the Nokia Lumia 1020 was obliged to win this one. After all, it's so thick and bulky and uninviting, only because of the camera it packs. Well, Windows Phone itself also has a hand in it being so uninviting, but that's a different story.'

xptoxyz

This could go just as well on the "oh no google killed reader thread" but since it's not very active and I have preference for an android app. What would RSS users suggest for tracking a small number of feeds, where the important thing is getting notifications, hell I don't care if it's a service that sends e-mail instead of notification. Want something where I don't have to check these small number of feeds for unread posts.

kehs

Banned
No dicks can be eaten until we here os compatibility.

Then you guys can gobble away.

I hope it's only for 4.3 plus so andrex has to wait.

tr4656

I'm trying to make sense of the Mobilizer thingum...
what does it do?
and it doesn't open up Chrome no matter what

Mobilizer is basically something that will clean web article text and display it in a mobile friendly format like Instapaper, Readability, or Pocket. I generally find the double tap for mobilizer really useful for articles that don't have the full web page available via RSS (say The Verge, Rock Paper Shotgun, etc) since readability will display the whole page generally.

If you want to open chrome, go to the reading settings and enable "open original article using default browser" although I don't see why you would want that. Tapping the title and opening it in an in-app browser rather than a seperate app seems better to me.

anyone using OneNote on the Android?
how is it? any alternative?

I find the OneNote app not built well for Android. The UI is pretty clunky and kind of slow. I kind of shifted away from OneNote to Evernote because I found it to work better with my workflow (and works better across platforms, especially since I always never use Windows these days). 2 step authentication also just shipped for Evernote free users today if you are worried about security.

giga

So is the n5 coming to Verizon?

I have refused to pay for text messaging for at least two years. If I set Hangouts to handle SMS through my carrier-issued phone number, I'll get charged for texts, right? Right now I do all of my texting through Hangouts or Google Voice.
No. If you enable hangouts SMS, google becomes your new wireless provider. They'll also take over your voice calls and data plan. So far the 2 and 5gb plans have leaked.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hey guys I heard the n5 will have wecmda that deffo means its coming to verizon right guys? guys

wilflare

Mobilizer is basically something that will clean web article text and display it in a mobile friendly format like Instapaper, Readability, or Pocket. I generally find the double tap for mobilizer really useful for articles that don't have the full web page available via RSS (say The Verge, Rock Paper Shotgun, etc) since readability will display the whole page generally.

If you want to open chrome, go to the reading settings and enable "open original article using default browser" although I don't see why you would want that. Tapping the title and opening it in an in-app browser rather than a seperate app seems better to me.

I find the OneNote app not built well for Android. The UI is pretty clunky and kind of slow. I kind of shifted away from OneNote to Evernote because I found it to work better with my workflow (and works better across platforms, especially since I always never use Windows these days). 2 step authentication also just shipped for Evernote free users today if you are worried about security.

thanks! the Mobilizer is really useful!
sigh I hope Chrome for Android have this function added down the line.
It'll be useful while websurfing... especially on sites that don't have mobile variants

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I still want Voice integration. I don't use SMS since I decided not to get scammed anymore. Voice would be awesome.

I wonder how the transition will work for the public. Do they see their Messages app just disappear? How would they know the SMS app is now integrated into Hangouts? Assuming an OTA 4.4 update to a Nexus 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom