• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyzjohn

Banned
Ok well we have a Snapdragon 800 with an Adreno 330 GPU. Those are both class leading. The screen is 5" 1080p IPS which is now pretty standard so we won't know until we see it but the Nexus 7 2013 has excellent color reproduction, so there's reason to believe this will too. The camera is looking as good as the iPhone 5 but with OIS. The battery looks decent and we don't know what battery life to expect yet. So explain to me exactly what aspects are not high end?

And for the record, I'm not one of the people expecting it to cost $350. I'd love to be wrong but I'm thinking more $450.

Edit: Oh, and on top of all of this, it will inevitably be smoother than every Android flapship this year. Count on it.

Nexus 4 is already really smooth for me, I think the hardware specs of phones nowadays are overkill for what the OS requires. I'd love to see a higher end camera on the Nexus 5, only disappointment for me in the Nexus 4.

Nicktendo86

COPPY
LLShC.gif

(chatting on Hangouts with him right now lol)
What the hell? What thread?

gcubed

iPhone has always had class leading camera and soc (at least on the GPU side), and maybe screen.

Why do you think google can sell the phone for 350? They have to cut corners some how. Sorry to break the news to you.

some times you make little sense, and some times you make none

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So Comcast just updated their app to support HD.

What's New
* Improved video quality including support for HD video on devices with 720p+ screens

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Based 3000 mah. Still needs more RAM if the price is $450 because then I'd want to keep it for 2 years. And depends on the camera. Hmm. $350 would be a no brainer.

I may buy it, anyway. Let's see.

Vanillalite

Ok well we have a Snapdragon 800 with an Adreno 330 GPU. Those are both class leading.

In theory those aren't class leading since the iPhone 5s is better in both CPU and GPU. Class leading in Android land? Yes. Class leading in general? No.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
In theory those aren't class leading since the iPhone 5s is better in both CPU and GPU. Class leading in Android land? Yes. Class leading in general? No.

No one can touch Apple in mobile tech hardware.

Threi

notag
Im actually pretty pleased with the battery life on the Nexus 4. I can usually get to about 14% with moderate/heavy use by the end of the workday.

Then again, my last two phones had a worse battery life so this is quite the upgrade.
Yeah going from my 1750mAH infuse which had two options:
1. Touchwizzed Gingerbread
2. Latest Cyanogenmod nightly

Neither of which are really known for being nice on the battery. The N4 was an upgrade there for sure. As far as usability goes its pretty much one of the smoothest android devices i've used to date (and that includes S3 and S4)

I honestly want google to continue being aggressive on software optimization more than anything else.

How would that battery difference work? I'm still highly skeptical.

The internals would have to be different or the bigger one would have to be fatter to accommodate the size.

The internals would have to be different or the bigger one would have to be fatter to accommodate the size.

yeah, like the Moto MAXX series.

or they could do what Nintendo did with the Wii U controller and have empty space in the battery compartment.

gutshot

Didn't the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy Nexus LTE have different internals/battery? I remember the Verizon version being thicker.

Vanillalite

HBOGO finally updated with 4.3 support.

Legit and glad they finally did it.

Moot point for me now that Comcast updated their Xfinity app with HD though as the Xfinity app already has HBO included.

PS: 4.4 is gonna hit and break the app again! LOLOLOLOL

Didn't the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy Nexus LTE have different internals/battery? I remember the Verizon version being thicker.

You make a fair point. They did have different internals/sizes, but the service manual, which was for the 32GB version, listed 2300mAh.

It's going be a BLOODBATH trying to get the 32GB model on launch day, if this ends up being true.

iavi

I pray to god that 32gb N5 won't be cheap.
Else I'll have to get it. I can't afford that.

I feel your pain. Add to the fact, that I'm probably gonna jump from big red for this thing too, all the assorted fees of switching carriers are just racking up in my head. It hurts mane.

Bboy AJ

Yup. Verizon was slightly thicker.

Groof

I feel your pain. Add to the fact, that I'm probably gonna jump from big red for this thing too, all the assorted fees of switching carriers are just racking up in my head. It hurts mane.
Yeah I really want to get out of contract hell as well, but I'm stuck for a while longer. I was hoping I'd do everything in one fell swoop with next year's Nexus phone...

Wow. That's... not really what I was expecting. Then again, I don't really know what I was expecting in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom