• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my new Nexus 7. 1080p City.
wAvFoG6.png

It's doing like 20 download/installing things at once and isn't slowing down a damn bit. GOTDAAMN

Indeed.

The Nexus 7 potentially uses a lower binned Snapdragon 600. It's a beast.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I remember trying to download more than one thing from the Dark Horse Comics app on my old N7 and it would freeze on every long press to bring up the menu, and every tap to confirm. Then it would freeze when scrolling around to to do it again.

But with the new one I did it to like 15 comics and it didn't miss a beat... WHILE it was downloading/installing updates for all the other apps. WTF. This thing is fricking crazy.

COULD NOT be more hyped for the N5 now. Aside from performance/1080p (drool!) the back is absolutely heavenly. HEAVENLY

reKon

Banned
yep, performance wise, the N7 delivers for me and I think it will stay that way on future versions of Android. I think that very demanding games will be where it really shows it's weakness a few years from now, but I expect everything to run smoothly, especially if all we have is quad core phones Google centers the next major revision of Android around leveraging that power

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OI#J(*JIOJRKEJKLFJKSJFKJDSFL JJ LKSJF:KLDJFLKSDJL:DJF:LKDJf

EVEN THE ICON LOOKS AMAZINGIUJGIUJ#RJ)(K

m5BPAYt.gif

Threi

notag
The 2013 nexus 7 is indeed a great experience. *lovingly rubs plastic back*

I prefer Holo Dark though :X

anyone using Icon packs?
Yup. I normally dont but right now im using Minimal UI for my tablet, and Click UI for my phone.

Also, gravitybox is the truth. System-level OS customization that doesn't require a new rom? Can be uninstalled at the drop of a hat so that it doesnt disrupt OTA updates? Yes please

Cipherr

Looks good to me except two things.

Still Holo Dark for settings? = Fail

Phone icon = FuckUgly

But everything else is good, especially the transparent bottom for the onscreen keys and the larger icons in the drawer. Widget moving doesn't bother me either, although I suppose they could have added a tab for them in the app drawer and disabled scrolling into them from the apps.

Conan-san

Yep. Moving from my purchases to the store is no longer incredibly cumbersome. Now they just need to redesign their website.

Making guided view an option would help (as in allow me to turn it off across the board, I have a big enough phone to make comics legable, Comixology)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I got my new Nexus 7. 1080p City.
wAvFoG6.png

It's doing like 20 download/installing things at once and isn't slowing down a damn bit. GOTDAAMN

I told you that months ago. I even made that review thread praising the device. It is amazing how good things look and how smooth the device still is.

PS: You should not be a bitch and join the android prism hangout!

I hope this is the right thread to ask, but I'm looking for a new phone to replace my galaxy s2, most likely one of the flagship phone from many smartphone maker in the market. I've only been looking at Xperia Z1 since I really like the look of it, just found out the official price in my country and it is pretty expensive, I can afford it, but I want to look for some alternatives. sleek design, good camera and nice screen is preferred compared to battery life, weight or some other category.

any suggestion is appreciated. thanks

longdi

Banned
G2 actually looks like a galaxy phone including size wise. It is impressive work by LG.

Z1 is really too big for 5" phone, i think one would go for note3 if your pocket can stomach a physically big phone.

I hope this is the right thread to ask, but I'm looking for a new phone to replace my galaxy s2, most likely one of the flagship phone from many smartphone maker in the market. I've only been looking at Xperia Z1 since I really like the look of it, just found out the official price in my country and it is pretty expensive, I can afford it, but I want to look for some alternatives. sleek design, good camera and nice screen is preferred compared to battery life, weight or some other category.

any suggestion is appreciated. thanks
bro I'm about to drop facts on you. The xperia Z1 mini is better than the Z1. That's fact number 1. Fact number 2 is the only other phone with good design/camera/screen is HTC One. Fact number 3 is, nexus 5 just because.

I would suggest the G2 but you said sleek design, but if you don't mind the look then it's a hot phone no doubt.

Yoshiya

picked up a super cheap nexus 7 2012 as a gift - $129 australian for a refurb unit. the new one goes for $299 here. interested to get a look at the nexus experience. tegra 3 was such an unfortunate decision, but at least the price befits the silicon now so more than ever.

nvidia won't last much longer in this business.

Zeppu

What if the massive ring around the camera on the Nexus 5 is magnetic so you can attach different lenses to it kinda like this?

uTCIWVR.jpg

I just can't understand why they would put a massive ring around the lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom