• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groof

Q Slide can be disabled. If you are on AT&T, you can't get rid of the volume/brightness sliders unless you root.

Baffling to me. Q Slide is definitely the biggest offender in taking up realestate, but I don't need two sliders there constantly either. They're more manageable on their own however.
Considering how much of the rest of the OS is customisable it's strange that you can't remove those.

Toki767

I'm guessing AT&T felt it might be too weird to press the back buttons so they just made the sliders stay there for volume. At least they don't have the persistent wifi notification like Verizon. That thing was even stupider.

Groof

I'm guessing AT&T felt it might be too weird to press the back buttons so they just made the sliders stay there for volume. At least they don't have the persistent wifi notification like Verizon. That thing was even stupider.

But I think the AT&T version is the closest the international version, and I don't think they're removable there either. Now I don't have the phone so I can't say, but that's what it seemed like when I tried it out in stores.

Toki767

But I think the AT&T version is the closest the international version, and I don't think they're removable there either. Now I don't have the phone so I can't say, but that's what it seemed like when I tried it out in stores.

Hmm...not sure about the international version, but Verizon's version does allow you to get rid of the sound/brightness sliders. I figured it was an AT&T choice.

kinggroin

Banned
Figured out the battery issue I was having with the G2. Now, I kind if want to keep this phone and forego the Nexus 5. Bravo LG, bravo.

Finally found these in NYC, after searching for weeks:

IMG_20131013_104316_zpse3faf50e.jpg

Figured out the battery issue I was having with the G2. Now, I kind if want to keep this phone and forego the Nexus 5. Bravo LG, bravo.

I have it and the only thing I am worried is that we are still stuck with Android 4.2. I wonder when the G2 gets 4.3, let alone Kit Kat.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Finally found this on Thursday and my code won't work :( lol
It took me five attempts to finally get my code in. I bought two, and it turns out you can only use one code per day. I was hoping I could just eat twenty Kit Kats at once and enter in all the codes.

sca2511

Girlfriend and I won a small pouch of KitKat minis on our first codes. Wonder if people always win something on their first code. Jealous of that N7 win...

Eanan

Have you tried Slim? It's been my favorite thus far.

No havent tried that myself, was going to try it if I didnt like carbon, but carbon is virtually perfect for me in terms of customisation with the right stability and speedness balance, so dont feel the need to try slimbean, but have heard good things about it.
I concur. And the customization. Oh man the customization.

Yup its great.

One thing though, do you have this issue, where when you attach or remove the microusb cable, you get a sort of ringing sound coming from the speaker on the phone for like 15 seconds? its very odd.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I tried entering a code and was told that I had already won something and could no longer enter. Unfortunately, I haven't actually won anything. There goes my plan to both win a Nexus 7 and eat copious amounts of chocolate at the same time.

kinggroin

Banned
No havent tried that myself, was going to try it if I didnt like carbon, but carbon is virtually perfect for me in terms of customisation with the right stability and speedness balance, so dont feel the need to try slimbean, but have heard good things about it.

Yup its great.

One thing though, do you have this issue, where when you attach or remove the microusb cable, you get a sort of ringing sound coming from the speaker on the phone for like 15 seconds? its very odd.

Nah, cant say that I have that issue. Post about it in the carbon G+ community. They can be really helpful.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
LG's bringing the curviness to ATT and Sprint:

LG has admitted that "bendable and unbreakable" smartphone displays are already in production, and we've heard plenty of rumors about a device known as the G Flex which features the new tech. Engadget has come across a trio of renders of the upcoming device, and we have learned from our sources that it will be coming out sometime next month -- pricing and availability (as well as hard specs) are as of yet unknown, however. As you can see in the images (above and below), the G Flex offers a curved display, but the direction of its curve is completely the opposite of the Galaxy Round that was announced last week: instead of it curving from left to right, the G Flex goes from top to bottom. We'll update you with more information and images as we get closer to the device's launch.

lg-gflex-eng-1381714998.jpg

g-flex-02-1381714937.jpg

Does Google Now keep removing the selected sports teams for anyone else? Almost every week, my teams are removed with the exception of two. It's pretty annoying.

Edit:
at this rate. my next phone may just be a LG (that would be 2 years down the line... lol)

I'd definitely consider getting an LG phone nowadays since they seem to be using software buttons, but their even-shittier-than-touchwiz skin prevents that. Also, I hope Google goes back to curved displays for Nexus devices. My perfect phone would have a curved display like the Nexus S or that LG render, and a nicely curved back like the Moto X.

Guys... I just won a nexus 7! On my first code!
Congrats!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So Omni ROM that was just announced. Basically a big wink win nudge nudge fuck you to CM. Not surprising considering the "big 3" who are staring this ROM.

3phemeral

Thanks for letting me know it was at 7-11. I actually went and bought all the packs they had (4), but only got myself to eat one. Wasn't a winner. 3 more to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom