• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groof

kitkat1.png

Droid Life: Android 4.4 “Kit Kat” Shows Up in Nexus 7 Screenshot Gallery – Shows New Easter Egg, Clock App, App Drawer, and More?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Here is a look at how the Clock app has changed, including the removal of the half-bold-half-thing Roboto style of text. They also took the Alarm button and moved it up top next to the timer and stopwatch icons.

Fucking finally.
LtNDbKz.png

This is probably the best news about 4.4.

"Here is a look at how the Clock app has changed, including the removal of the half-bold-half-thing Roboto style of text. They also took the Alarm button and moved it up top next to the timer and stopwatch icons."

About time that someone blich-slapped this shit out of Matias.

SimleuqiR

This is probably the best news about 4.4.

"Here is a look at how the Clock app has changed, including the removal of the half-bold-half-thing Roboto style of text. They also took the Alarm button and moved it up top next to the timer and stopwatch icons."

About time that someone blich-slapped this shit out of Matias.

How do you know it's not Matias doing the bitch slapping?

Groof

oh my god why are the settings still not holo liiiiiiiiiiiighttttttt

also the blue accents are starting to really look out of place :(

How do you know it's not Matias doing the bitch slapping?

In the end, he's the guy responsible for the design and who signs off big design changes like that, no? Maybe it wasn't his idea, but he was the one who let it happen. And if he wasn't, then I don't care either. Every mobile OS team needs a public pinata. iOS had Forstall and now Ive, WP has Befiore and Android has Durate.

Fact is, that clock single-handedly ruined Android for me.

SimleuqiR

In the end, he's the guy responsible for the design and who signs off big design changes like that, no? Maybe it wasn't his idea, but he was the one who let it happen. And if he wasn't, then I don't care either. Every mobile OS team needs a public pinata. iOS had Forstall and now Ive, WP has Befiore and Android has Durate.

Fact is, that clock single-handedly ruined Android for me.

You are correct. But sometimes shit is just released undone due to time constraints. I mean, just look at iOS7.

This is why the clock and the dialer need to be detached from OS updates. Maybe we can get some of the minor visuals rickles ironed.

seriously, you Verizon peeps.. just get a damn Verizon MiFi and an unlocked Nexus 5, then port your number to Google Voice and use GrooVe IP with the MiFi to send and receive calls... sure you'll have to have the phone wirelessly tethered to the MiFi 24/7/365 but... whatever. Verizon.

Talon

seriously, you Verizon peeps.. just get a damn Verizon MiFi and an unlocked Nexus 5, then port your number to Google Voice and use GrooVe IP with the MiFi to send and receive calls... sure you'll have to have the phone wirelessly tethered to the MiFi 24/7/365 but... whatever. Verizon.
There aren't enough /shakinghead gifs in the world to address this post.

You expect people to velcro a MiFi to their wallet or something?

Cipherr

Alright so they are getting rid of the black and blue, but that new settings icon SUCKS ASS. So Phone and Settings icon I dislike so far. And also like someone else said, no Holo Light for the settings menu itself.

VoxPop

or just buy a LG G2.. same phone but with a better battery, no?

It's not like the Nexus 5 aesthetics are that much better.

Eanan

Is there any sort of app that you can get that will put a sort of dark film over wallpapers, sort of like when on the lockscreen, as I find it can be hard to read certain widgets when wallpaper colours clash with them, and you have to move the widget to accommodate it constantly. Just a little niggle I have atm.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I sent an email to Nestle so we'll see what they say. I don't see how they recorded me as a winner when this is only my second code. I wonder what I won or if this is a glitch.
I had the same error (it was my second code as well) and also sent an email to Nestle yesterday. Either we're both winners or they're experiencing some sort of issue.

Doopliss

RoKKeR

Probably for a limited release 6 months after the initial release. That's what they did with the white GNex and N4.

Bummer, that's honestly one of the things that is pushing me to wait for next year's Samsung/HTC flagships in the spring. I'm a fan of white phones, what can I say.

Need to see the actual device though before I make a decision. The off-contract price might be too good to pass up.

3phemeral

I had the same error (it was my second code as well) and also sent an email to Nestle yesterday. Either we're both winners or they're experiencing some sort of issue.

I was tempted to make a second account, but then I didn't want to ruin anything I might get. :)

Doubt the Nexus 5 is going to use LG's IPS screen technology though.

Shouldn't we already know because of the leaks? Vyse?

The Nexus 4's screen was produced by LG, and the Nexus 5 is confirmed to have an IPS display, which LG commonly uses in their devices. I don't see why LG would source the screens from Sharp, especially since that would likely be more expensive for them. If they were using a cheaper, non-IPS display, maybe.

I think it uses Sharp's screen. At least, I remember reading that somewhere.

I haven't seen that mentioned yet. The service manual only mentioned IPS, and the FCC teardown didn't show the display component.

Cipherr

You could always do that.

It seems app makers were using a workaround. This will make an official way for them to do it. Its likely because they are about to make Hangouts the default and push it aggressively, so they want to open the options for third parties to sate any possible backlash from them.

In either case, texting is about to get better on the platform as a whole, thats all I care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom