• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groof

Isn't the fact the upgrade anoucement is in one language and the system UI is set to anotuher something of a dead giveaway?

I mean I could be totally wrong but that does look kinda dodgey.

Exactly what I was gonna say. I call this a hoax. Hoax I say!

gutshot

Not sure, but there is this:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/101844248571144042569/posts/4bC9J1ixT3E

KitKat.jpg

Could be fake. Take the whole Dead Sea full of salt with it.

Isn't that the feature list for 4.2? LOL nice try.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I don't suppose anyone has a KitKat code they can't use that they would like to PM me? I can't find them anywhere in my area. =[

Ephemeris

You have to manually check your invite requests in Hangouts. If that doesn't work PM your email again and I'll resend.

I remember when you told me that ages ago.

I didn't realize you had to dive into like 3 menus to find it.

Invite from August 29th, lol wtf.

Zeppu

I also like the space in the url at the bottom. Not as much as the lack of gradient behind the title, but spaces in URLs are really sweet.

Rumored Nexus 5 pricing -- and Nexus 4 LTE coming soon?

According to a report from AndroidGeeks, the Google Nexus 5 will be launched in 16GB and 32 GB models. The base model is said to carry a price tag of $399, while the larger-storage option will cost you $449.

If the rumors are to be trusted, Google will also introduce an LTE model of the Nexus 4 and the new variant will allegedly cost you $299 for the 16GB model and $349 for the 32GB version.

Also, as I predicted, press invites went out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For the iPad event next week.

If 4.4 enables official LTE support for my Nexus 4, I might have a hard time convincing myself I need the 5. Love the size and design of the 4 and it still feels plenty fast to me.

PriitV

If 4.4 enables official LTE support for my Nexus 4, I might have a hard time convincing myself I need the 5. Love the size and design of the 4 and it still feels plenty fast to me.
Weren't most of the tracks to LTE chips on N4 blown off? Leaving only Band4 to be usable.

The rumor is it would be a new model. It won't enable it on the old Nexus 4, which had LTE support for only a small number of LTE bands.

The old model was also not FCC certified for LTE, hence why no official support was ever done.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Naturally it cuts away before the big reveal that there aren't any 24 hour coffee shops in Boston.
Aviate: an always-changing, intelligent home screen for Android

This sounds really cool. I'm dubious that independent developers could create something that would live up to the promise, but I could see it becoming the future of Google Now. It wouldn't be the first time Google has stolen an idea from an independent dev and improved upon it.
I've been using Aviate for a month now and like it quite a bit. If anyone wants an invite code, PM me with your email address and I can send one your way.

tino

Banned
OK the 2nd kitkat bar got my $5 of credit. I tried a third code (with a different browser) on my wife's account. It got ERROR and it wouldn't let it try another code. WTF google get your shit together.

3phemeral

Naturally it cuts away before the big reveal that there aren't any 24 hour coffee shops in Boston.

I've been using Aviate for a month now and like it quite a bit. If anyone wants an invite code, PM me with your email address and I can send one your way.

Thanks for the invite. I've been using Themer Beta and it's been pretty nice, but I'm curious to see how this works out.

Nicktendo86

OK the 2nd kitkat bar got my $5 of credit. I tried a third code (with a different browser) on my wife's account. It got ERROR and it wouldn't let it try another code. WTF google get your shit together.
KitKat are running the promotion, not Google ;)

Mrcapcom

No KitKat no Watch Dogs No Nexus 5 whats next? =/ lol

Seriously though would have been cool if it came out but ill continue to wait

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
C'mon HTC:

Our sample unit is coming apart at the seams. The removable back cover doesn't fit properly; the power button often jams; there's a visible gap between the display and the bezel on the right-hand side, and the optional $90 Power Flip Case looks as if it was designed for some other phone, because its front flap fails to fully cover the One Max's enormous display. As a result, this review can't be considered final until we get a chance to play with an actual in-store device and post an update, which we hope to do when the One Max officially launches in the UK at the end of this week.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/15/htc-one-max-review/

So, the official KitKat page uploaded a picture of the Android KitKat dancing with the caption: "Everybody dance now."

Of course, that led to the crazies finding out that the song came out on October 18th and assuming that meant the announcement was coming then, which made me laugh.

However, the song is 4:04 long.

Is that a sick coincidence or what?!

yyzjohn

Banned
So, the official KitKat page uploaded a picture of the Android KitKat dancing with the caption: "Everybody dance now."

Of course, that led to the crazies finding out that the song came out on October 18th and assuming that meant the announcement was coming then, which made me laugh.

Damn.

Nicktendo86

BUT in the new nexus 7 ad, the date on the dashclock widget on the home screen is 23rd October!
I bet Google are loving this

Can you And-bros help me with this?

My dad wrecked his AT&T GS4. He has a Nexus 7 LTE, into which he popped in his phone card, and it worked on LTE data for a day or so. Then, it stopped registering on the network. I guess their network refreshed and saw that it was a tablet.

Can I root it and somehow disguise it as a phone, like by editing the build prop or something? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom