• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario007

Does anyone have a recommendation for word processing app that does references and footnotes on android? I have Polaris Office, Kingsoft Office, QuickOffice and Google Drive and neither of them offers footnotes. It's a bit frustrating for trying to type up an essay on my transformer that way.

i kinda miss my htc one at times.....that phone was one damn nice phone. but i bricked it, and then decided to get a s4. which is also another awesome phone. but theyre completely different pieces of technology, and both have their own perks.

my only complain with my current phone (s4) is that its still on 4.2.2, and since im on AT&T its not the easiest phone to mod. and all the while, before the HTC one broke i was on 4.3 through ARHD......and now this week theyre officially on 4.3 through AT&T. and still no idea when samsung is gonna be getting 4.3.

cant catch a break lol.

Since the Nexus 5 obviously isn't coming out until the end of the month, I'm thinking it's finally time to grab a Wii U. With Wind Waker HD out and Super Mario 3D World coming out next month, it's getting harder to pass up.

Thanks, Googy.

snacknuts

we all knew her
i kinda miss my htc one at times.....that phone was one damn nice phone. but i bricked it, and then decided to get a s4. which is also another awesome phone. but theyre completely different pieces of technology, and both have their own perks.

my only complain with my current phone (s4) is that its still on 4.2.2, and since im on AT&T its not the easiest phone to mod. and all the while, before the HTC one broke i was on 4.3 through ARHD......and now this week theyre officially on 4.3 through AT&T. and still no idea when samsung is gonna be getting 4.3.

cant catch a break lol.

The S3, S4, and Note 2 are supposed to be getting 4.3 in December.

Thai

Bane was better.
Galaxy Nexus: Ever since the update to 4.2.2, my phone has been slow as fuck. I finally did a factory reset, and it went back to 4.2.1 and is smooth a butter once more. Was it the update or the phone too overloaded with things and stuff?

3phemeral

Galaxy Nexus: Ever since the update to 4.2.2, my phone has been slow as fuck. I finally did a factory reset, and it went back to 4.2.1 and is smooth a butter once more. Was it the update or the phone too overloaded with things and stuff?

Try one of these two:

Forever Gone (SD Card Cleaner)
Lagfix FSTrim

Although, if you ever get an update to 4.3, it supposedly fixes it. I never got FSTrim to work on my GNex because of kernel incompatibility with my custom ROM, but it did work for my TF101. After updating to 4,3 ROMs though, I haven't had as much struggle with slowdowns as I had with 4.2. Forever Gone did work, and immediately too. Only problem is it takes about 30 - 45 minutes to completely fill your virtual SD card before clearing up but after that, smooth as buttah.

You might also want to try running Greenify to hibernate any non-essential apps.

ILoveBish

I was hoping a HTC One Max on verizon would be a worthwhile upgrade from my note 2, but nope, s600, 2g of ram only, no removable battery, crap camera and i do not want a fingerprint scanner. Awful. HTC has another bomb on their hands.

I was hoping a HTC One Max on verizon would be a worthwhile upgrade from my note 2, but nope, s600, 2g of ram only, no removable battery, crap camera and i do not want a fingerprint scanner. Awful. HTC has another bomb on their hands.

Another bomb? HTC One X and One V and One have done really well.

Max is just some weird giant turd because they were bored or some Shit.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wood backs on the Nexus 5's?
AU7Amsc.gif

Toki767

You can make out the price of the third item. Looks to be $269. Not sure the Nexus 5 will be that price. Not sure the Nexus 10 would be either. The Nexus Watch would be the only other possible option.

You can make out the price of the third item. Looks to be $269. Not sure the Nexus 5 will be that price. Not sure the Nexus 10 would be either. The Nexus Watch would be the only other possible option.

Based on that price, it is probably for the Nexus 7 32GB version. But it definitely looks like a placeholder.

Did you see the Square Cash thing?

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/15/4842518/square-cash-send-money-over-email-iphone-android

Once again, Google has a cool service first that they don't market at all nor make easily accessible. I've posted this before, but it's so frustrating to fans of the company. Apple makes sure every iPhone user knows about Siri, and back when the 4S came out, people wanted to upgrade because of it. Android Voice Search/Actions is lots better in many ways. Yes, it's missing some smoother UI and calendar events, but most of all it's missing a huge branding campaign.

Now, instead of making waves with Wallet, they've allowed another of their competitors to strengthen their position. Square, PayPal, Isis, whatever else there is in addition to the banks' own services, are all going to make it that much harder for Wallet to make any sort of impact.

Did you see the Square Cash thing?

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/15/4842518/square-cash-send-money-over-email-iphone-android

Once again, Google has a cool service first that they don't market at all nor make easily accessible. I've posted this before, but it's so frustrating to fans of the company. Apple makes sure every iPhone user knows about Siri, and back when the 4S came out, people wanted to upgrade because of it. Android Voice Search/Actions is lots better in many ways. Yes, it's missing some smoother UI and calendar events, but most of all it's missing a huge branding campaign.

Now, instead of making waves with Wallet, they've allowed another of their competitors to strengthen their position. Square, PayPal, Isis, whatever else there is in addition to the banks' own services, are all going to make it that much harder for Wallet to make any sort of impact.

This sounds easier than Wallet. You don't need a google account, for one thing, so it works with all emails and platforms. Plus, this has nothing to do with NFC (from what I skimmed over, anyway).

I could be off on this, as I have not used Wallet, as I thought that is how it worked. If I'm wrong, please be nice about it. :)

panda21

i think someone at kitkat is just trolling reddit at this point. the previous reddit thread was titled 'Kit Kat made an announcement.. so this is it?'

Nicktendo86

I wish they'd stop the bullshit and publish the press release, change log and begin the roll-out. It's not even a significant update that warrants all that crap.

I dunno, it could be a bigger update than Jelly Bean was if the info is correct. The biggest update in the launcher since GB, a smaller, more effecient OS, rumours of new notofcation api's and possibly opening up Google Now to third party apps. I am still really hyped for this release.

Groof

Honestly, all these leaks might've been done on purpose to make us all believe we already know everything about 4.4, so that when it actually hits with what will seemingly be a different OS and a bunch of new features, we'll be surprised as fuck.
/conspiracy

disclaimer: no i don't actually believe this

Nicktendo86

Honestly, all these leaks might've been done on purpose to make us all believe we already know everything about 4.4, so that when it actually hits with what will seemingly be a different OS and a bunch of new features, we'll be surprised as fuck.
/conspiracy

disclaimer: no i don't actually believe this

Haha, to be fair though all of the leaks have been early builts, partial builds or just shown us the bare minimum. We have not seen everything, all together at all. I STILL have some hopes that they will holo light more of it, it seems to me they have concentrated on getting features done first and have moved onto the looks at a later time, shown by the recent leaks of an older build with the new launcher setup but the old black nav and staus bars and app draw.

Nakazato

So android gaf. Im in a bind Im rocking the GS3 and thinking it maybe time for an upgrade.... But on the flip side I also need a Tablet. So should I just get the nexus 7 or hold off and get a gs5 or nexus 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom