• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AColdDay

Not really familiar with US phones but Sprint is cdma only?

If it doesn't take a SIM how were you going to use it with Ting? Are they cdma too?

Alright figured it out. Apparently i needed to perform a few updates and then that notification went away. Panicking over nothing over here!

here comes the zoom

Pa27nEs.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
AP is far and away the best Android website.

Groof

anyone tried Kii Keyboard?
how does it compare to Swiftkey?

I used to use Kii exclusively. IMHO it's better in Swiftkey in every way except word prediction, which is the only area Swiftkey excels at. Kii is very, very customisable, based on the stock keyboard so it boots and runs quickly, very responsive and has decent enough auto correct and prediction. Also it has word blacklisting, which is like the most amazing feature ever on a keyboard.

wilflare

I used to use Kii exclusively. IMHO it's better in Swiftkey in every way except word prediction, which is the only area Swiftkey excels at. Kii is very, very customisable, based on the stock keyboard so it boots and runs quickly, very responsive and has decent enough auto correct and prediction. Also it has word blacklisting, which is like the most amazing feature ever on a keyboard.

hmm so what do you use now?
I switched from the Samsung Keyboard on the Note 3 to Swiftkey (it's awesome!) Having paid for Swiftkey, I'm a little hesitant to just switch to another Keyboard.

my only gripe with it is that it does not have Chinese support.

hmm haven't noticed any slow down with Swiftkey though

Groof

hmm so what do you use now?
I switched from the Samsung Keyboard on the Note 3 to Swiftkey (it's awesome!) Having paid for Swiftkey, I'm a little hesitant to just switch to another Keyboard.

my only gripe with it is that it does not have Chinese support.

hmm haven't noticed any slow down with Swiftkey though

Right now I'm using the stock Google keyboard, because it's the simplest and the only thing I really miss is the word blacklisting. Also as someone who swipe types a lot I think it's the most fluid one.
Oh and the stock keyboard doesn't have built in Asian language support, they have separate keyboards for that, much to many people's dismay.

What drove me away from Swiftkey was the fact that it took so long for it to start up, almost three times as long as other keyboards. They've probably patched it since then, but it was enough at the time. Also the wipe trail is really janky and ugly, heh.

wilflare

Right now I'm using the stock Google keyboard, because it's the simplest and the only thing I really miss is the word blacklisting. Also as someone who swipe types a lot I think it's the most fluid one.
Oh and the stock keyboard doesn't have built in Asian language support, they have separate keyboards for that, much to many people's dismay.

What drove me away from Swiftkey was the fact that it took so long for it to start up, almost three times as long as other keyboards. They've probably patched it since then, but it was enough at the time. Also the wipe trail is really janky and ugly, heh.

this is my first Android phone.. I was using a BlackBerry 9900 before this... so I'm really not using much of the swipe/flow functions though. I kinda prefer typing more hmm

Groof

this is my first Android phone.. I was using a BlackBerry 9900 before this... so I'm really not using much of the swipe/flow functions though. I kinda prefer typing more hmm

Swiftkey is definitely king at tap typing, but try to get into swiping man, you'll feel like a wizard!

Akito

I like the swyping with Swype better and the fact that you can make the keyboard smaller which is nice on a tablet but I'm stuck with SwiftKey until you can use more than one languages at once with Swype.

Is anyone having difficulty setting reminders in Google Now?

I set them, they look like they are being saved but they are not in "My Stuff", what's going on?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
New Netflix is better but I'm disappointed it does its own thing instead of implementing the official menu library.

Akito

"SwiftKey 4.3 Public Beta Now Available, Finally Marries Phone And Tablet Versions, Brings A Slew Of New Features" http://feedly.com/k/19axy2G
It now offers quick access to various keyboard sizes, layouts, and locations. With the new "undock" feature, you can drag SwiftKey around the screen wherever you like. It's pretty badass.

There are also three different keyboard modes, all of which can be accessed in the same quick-setting panel as the sizes and undock button:

Nice, I was just talking about it lol

So what does Reddit think this one means?

The crazies think it's a countdown. Three days ago, the KitKat page posted a tribute to 007 (7days). The day after, they posted a dancing kitkat android with 6 sticks (6 days). Then, yesterday, the "s" in "This is it" looked like a 5 (5 days). And now, this one is a regular KitKat with 4 sticks. (4 days left).

In other words, they've fucking lost their minds, and it's clear the KitKat people are just fucking with them.

Nicktendo86

The crazies think it's a countdown. Three days ago, the KitKat page posted a tribute to 007 (7days). The day after, they posted a dancing kitkat android with 6 sticks (6 days). Then, yesterday, the "s" in "This is it" looked like a 5 (5 days). And now, this one is a regular KitKat with 4 sticks. (4 days left).

In other words, they've fucking lost their minds, and it's clear the KitKat people are just fucking with them.
Pretty much what I commented in the google+ post. I bet they put something up tomorrow which has a vague reference to the number 3.

ArchAngel

After Googles fight with Microsoft last year with the conferences at the same day (monday), why not a day before Apples conference (monday again)? :)

After Googles fight with Microsoft last year with the conferences at the same day (monday), why not a day before Apples conference (monday again)? :)

That would be fun. Apple, Nokia, Google and Nvidia all on the same day, fighting over coverage for minor and boring stuff.

No invites were sent out. It's too late for Monday to happen.

They have a candy promotion with KitKat, so Halloween or close to it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom