• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
30sZkwt.png

Pure sex. Give it to me, Googy!

I Needs it googy pls (its gonna be hard as shit importing to my country). :'(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Did you make a Chrome extension with those faces like how you made one with the old smilies? I need those lol

I've been wanting to have user-definable smilies in the NeoGAF++ extension for this reason, lol.

Gotta update AC Music first though...

Groof

That transparent system buttons bar (whatever you call it) will make future oled burnouts look very ugly.
How so? Due to them being transparent instead of black makes it so the entire display is lit. So the burnout should be pretty even.

Threi

notag
Going through the Google Music update...man Google's android apps are so beautifully designed. The tron blue gets more and more jarring every day.

tino

Banned
How so? Due to them being transparent instead of black makes it so the entire display is lit. So the burnout should be pretty even.

Except the "back", "home" and "menu" icons. So when you are watching a movie with a white (snow, sky) scene, instead a a brighter band on the side, you see 3 icons of brighter colors.

Groof

Except the "back", "home" and "menu" icons. So when you are watching a movie with a white (snow, sky) scene, instead a a brighter band on the side, you see 3 icons of brighter colors.

Yes but they're white, not black. Unless it's black, every diode will be lit. Therefore it won't pose the same problem.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Also, they're only transparent on the home screen. Having it switch back and forth will make it less prone to burnout.

is it? I dont think it is

The thing in the middle? Yeah, it's the earpiece.

There are two regular speakers on the bottom too.

I'm not sure what launch has been worse : KitKat or LTE Galaxy Nexus

The GNex was announced at a conference, then became vapor ware for weeks and weeks while Verizon kept it in limbo. It launched on-time overseas, but it was a botched launch here, from start to finish.

KitKat hasn't had its coming out party yet. We're all just impatient due to the leaks. Plus, the Nexus 4 didn't get announced til the end of October, which is when we all should've expected the N5, not sooner. It doesn't even remotely compare.

tino

Banned
Yes but they're white, not black. Unless it's black, every diode will be lit. Therefore it won't pose the same problem.

Yeah you are right, they are white so they will burn out faster. So you will see 3 darken ghosts of the icons instead of brighten ones.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The circle ear piece is ugly.

I really hope apps can change the navigation buttons background color. Like iOS 7, in its status bar. That would be sweet.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The circle ear piece is ugly.

I really hope apps can change the navigation buttons background color. Like iOS 7, in its status bar. That would be sweet.

Eww. Keep that shit consistent. It should be clearly delineated from the app colors.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Still awaiting that email concerning my "win" error. Hopefully I actually did win something and preferably not a $5 gift card. :)
Did you end up being a winner? I received an email back from Nestle:

Thank you for contacting The Hershey Company about the Android / KIT KAT Instant Win Game.

We are very sorry that you experienced a problem while attempting to enter this game. Please know that our Promotions Team has resolved the issue. You should now be able to enter the code from the KIT KAT bar package.

Also keep in mind, per the official rules, this promotion has a limit of 1 prize per name, address, email and/or household.

Again, we apologize for the disappointment and frustration that you’ve experienced. We also appreciate your patience as we worked through this problem and hope that you will be one of our lucky winners!

We hope you have a sweet day!

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Thanks for keeping me up to date. I don't recall getting an email, but I'll check again. Hopefully it's a Nexus 7 and nothing else. Eh he he.

Did you win anything?
Nope, that was the full email. It turned out to just be an error. I hope you have better luck!

3phemeral

Nope, that was the full email. It turned out to just be an error. I hope you have better luck!

Thanks. I have every wrapper at home. I might buy a few more after work since it seemed to be an error for you, so it's likely an error for me too. Good luck!

gcubed

i shall be furiously watching the news tomorrow to try to get in early on an order. My wife is about ready to destroy her GNex...

mturco

Don't count on it.

The source of that rumor has been wrong about many, many things, from the phone having MEMS to it starting at $400 for 16gb with a $300 Nexus 4 LTE refresh.

Yep. And how would they magically fit a 700mAh larger battery in the same space? I'm not too optimistic about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom