• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what's wrong with me.

I'm definitely picking up a Nexus 5 when my Note 2 gets back from repairs, but I'm actually considering buying a Galaxy Tab 3.

I mean, for $49, what could go wrong?

Tell me this is a terrible idea.

So is this going on sale tomorrow or we don't know?

No one knows, but... it's odd that the store was accidentally updated already. If it was far off (say, two weeks), it would be a bit early for that to happen.

The last time the Play store leaked a device early was the Nexus Q. The listing went up a couple hours before it was announced.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Seems after re-entering the code, I won $5. It's time to enter my parents in for the other 2 codes!
I didn't even think to reenter my second code that led to the error, and the wrapper has now been taken out with the trash. Congrats on the win though.

3phemeral

I didn't even think to reenter my second code that led to the error, and the wrapper has now been taken out with the trash. Congrats on the win though.
That sucks.

It seems the error message was meant to say that you've already entered once today, so try again the following day. I don't know if it was a guaranteed winner, but I originally didn't know that it was a one-entry-per-day kind of thing.

Is there a way to upgrade from CM9 to CM10.x without using a computer? My USB is broken and I charge exclusively with a Touchstone, but everything else I have to wirelessly send to my tablet. The biggest hurdle I'm seeing is using ACMEinstaller since the touchpad has to be mounted on the computer to install.

3phemeral

Is there a way to upgrade from CM9 to CM10.x without using a computer? My USB is broken and I charge exclusively with a Touchstone, but everything else I have to wirelessly send to my tablet. The biggest hurdle I'm seeing is using ACMEinstaller since the touchpad has to be mounted on the computer to install.

Nor sure about the Touchpad, but in my experience, using a recovery like TWRP, CM will handle its upgrade on its own, including properly transferring files to the new file structure. But again, I don't know if this is true for the Touchpad.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
w6LtsBZ.png

Looks like the transparent app drawer icon and the folder transparency have a slight drop shadow, me likey a lot.

The phone icon also doesn't look too bad, the camera icon is comical though.

From the Play store description it definitely seems like the camera will be the headline feature (FINALLY.)

The transparent status bar looks REALLY good to me. The transparent navbar is a bit "meh," maybe cause I saw it on the X first.

Groof

That honestly looks way better than I would've initially thought. The app drawer and folder circles are real nice with their transparency and slight drop shadow.

Camera icon also looks a bit... Touchwizy...

Zeppu

Guys, I need help.

Everyone around me is buying a Nexus 5. I need to convince some of them otherwise because I don't want to have to check to see whether a nexus 5 I pick up is mine or someone else's and because I'm selfish and vain and lazy.

So. How do I convince people that the N5 is going to be a terrible buy?

Guys, I need help.

Everyone around me is buying a Nexus 5. I need to convince some of them otherwise because I don't want to have to check to see whether a nexus 5 I pick up is mine or someone else's and because I'm selfish and vain and lazy.

Well, it's made by LG. If that doesn't ring any alarm bells, then I don't know.

Guys, I need help.

get a 2nd job.

Zeppu

Well, it's made by LG. If that doesn't ring any alarm bells, then I don't know.

I'm already milking that with several made up reports of how they break down, have terrible screens and use the worst audio digitizers (again, made up).

get a 2nd job.

To what end?

---

Come on guys you all hate everything and are constantly bickering. Now that it's actually useful you're all backing away. Maybe I should just go ask coldfoot and vox pop.

Looks like this just became the contender for my gf's new phone.

£249 is a steal for what is on offer! Just need to know how good the camera is now before committing!

Looks like the transparent app drawer icon and the folder transparency have a slight drop shadow, me likey a lot.

The phone icon also doesn't look too bad, the camera icon is comical though.

From the Play store description it definitely seems like the camera will be the headline feature (FINALLY.)

The transparent status bar looks REALLY good to me. The transparent navbar is a bit "meh," maybe cause I saw it on the X first.

Kitkat looks gorgeous.

Dark Holo needs to die in a fire.

kharma45

Pretty sure you need a PC to do it.

Wonder what price we can expect this to be on the UK play store?

I'm feeling £249 for 16GB and probably £299 for 32GB. Would love to see them launch at Nexus 4 prices but since the Nexus 7 2013 went up in price I expect this to as well.

I'm already milking that with several made up reports of how they break down, have terrible screens and use the worst audio digitizers (again, made up).

To what end?

---

Come on guys you all hate everything and are constantly bickering. Now that it's actually useful you're all backing away. Maybe I should just go ask coldfoot and vox pop.

you'll still need the second job to get an iPhone 5s.

panda21

with all this drivelcub delay drama I'm thinking about cancelling my TreyS4 pre-order and getting based GOOGPHONE instead.
or maybe just getting both

Doopliss

It's possible. The only thing preventing you from simply installing the latest updates in CWM is that the system partition is too small to accomodate the latest firmware and GApps. If you still have Preware installed on the WebOS side there's an app available called Tailor which can adjust partition sizes. If you don't have that then you can use one of the flashable zips that are floating around on XDA which can adjust your partitions to predetermined sizes, but the one you need will depend on which version of CM you go with.

So am I hallucinating or are there very mild gradients in the status and nav bars to slightly set them off from the rest of the screen?

Or is it just part of this particular background?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom