• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

No.

It has one of the LTE bands that Verizon plans to eventually roll out, but they don't use it right now -- and they probably won't in enough markets for years.

The main band that Verizon uses right now is NOT in the phone.

It isn't coming to Verizon.

It won't be supported.

Get a G2.

Until the device is released we are all gonna hold out.

wilflare

What hell is n A then?

Damn straight. Apex Pro all day.

They are essentially the same. Apex has more intricate homescreen, app drawer and behavioural settings. A lot more. And for me at least, Apex is more stable.

does it allow global menu and back button settings?
like longpress menu to go recent apps
or longpress back to totally quit the app

i'm hoping for something like that..

or double tap screen to turn off the screen

jokkir

Nova

B is a solid grade, nothing wrong with a B.

and Nova looks right in landscape, i use landscape on my desks, tables and nightstand with my kickstand case.
hmvCA8t.png

gcubed

Came here to say that Chrome is force closing for anyone in Brazil. The reason: daylight saving time. It started yesterday, and since the clock changed, no one can use Chrome anymore, it force closes before opening any site.

Thanks, Obama.

US is #1... if you aren't following the US daylight savings schedule, you're wrong

it is kind of an embarassing faux pas for google

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Google commercial just showed up on the Jets game. Seemed OK. I wish he was using a Nexus 5 instead of the 7.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Was it the glossophobia one?

Basically a teenager's dog got sick and his flight got cancelled while he waited at the bus stop in the rain. It showed a bunch of cool Android functions.

For people that have had Straight Talk with AT&T LTE, is it really worth it and is it really reliable? Just in case of a Nexus 5 not going to Verizon...

Edwardo

I just got an HTC One and i'm kind of a phone newb. Any suggestions on things I should download/do on the phone to maximize its capabilities?

Iacobellis

This is it:

Just saw another one during the Jets game again. It was some little shit kid practicing public speaking. The glossophobia one you initially mentioned.

That was pretty touching, not going to lie. Very straight to the point about what the Nexus devices can do as well as plotting it in a real world situation.

Hmm: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1YUYD...etail-glance&nodeID=2335752011&store=wireless

Ringke is now selling their Nexus 5 cases on Amazon, and this reviewer, who has thousands of credible reviews on Amazon, says he can't talk about the phone but his embargo ends in 5 days (October 25th).

Announcing a phone on a Friday? That can't be good.

Bboy AJ

My source at SMC says Friday. Also said that 4.4 brings finally brings features worth talking about to the public rather than the background changes that 4.2 and 4.3 brought.

Devices that got updated to 4.3 will all be able to update to 4.4 as they have the same baseline requirements apparently. 4.4 changes top layer stuff leaving most of the behind the scenes stuff unchanged.

Also got an updated schedule for the 4.3 rollout for Xperia:

Z/ZL - end October
Z1, Z Ultra - middle November
Tablet Z, ZR - end November
SP - middle December

L, M - Jan to Feb (EOL)

T, TX, TL, V - Spring 2014 (EOL)

There is a secondary team working in parallel with the 4.4 PDK for Z1, ZU and a couple of other S800 devices that are released in early 2014, this is the same method Samsung use to get their flagships updated quicker. The secondary team will get the framework ported to S800 and get the devices feature complete, by that time the main team for flagships will be freed up to port the extras and optimise the builds. They also told me that the Z1 went through 7 major milestone builds before they got 4.2.2 running to an acceptable level which is what held up development, that was is the reason 4.3 is currently running late, usually it only takes the team two or three milestones to get to consumer grade builds, but with the Z1 it took them much longer. The source said 4.3 is better though, they are close to consumer grade software on their second build and the third "version" will start from scratch soon so they will be able to iron out the remaining bugs and hopefully make it by the middle of November and stick to their internal timetable.

Cipherr

A huge punch in the gut for the 10 people that bought $700 Android phones solely because it was an Open Source OS.

And absolutely great news for the other 99% of the Android phone users who just want their shit updated without having to go through carriers.

/shrug. Keep breaking it down piece by piece, putting it on the Play Store if thats what its going to take to get me better software faster. The Open Source stuff never really mattered to me.

A huge punch in the gut for the 10 people that bought $700 Android phones solely because it was an Open Source OS.

And absolutely great news for the other 99% of the Android phone users who just want their shit updated without having to go through carriers.

/shrug. Keep breaking it down piece by piece, putting it on the Play Store if thats what its going to take to get me better software faster. The Open Source stuff never really mattered to me.

Imagine if they really started to squeeze more, but more towards service providers and not allowing bullshit bloatware (a la Verizon). Now that is something I want.

wilflare

I really want to be able to update to Kitkat without having to wait for Samsung or Starhub (my service provider) :/

I would rather Samsung make Touchwiz an app or something on the Play Store (and things like the S Pen support)... but I guess they won't do that.

I am hoping for a Google Backup app (or something like Google iCloud) for me to backup SMS, App Data (WhatsApp, LINE, etc) and Photos (from Gallery)

I really want to be able to update to Kitkat without having to wait for Samsung or Starhub (my service provider) :/

I would rather Samsung make Touchwiz an app or something on the Play Store (and things like the S Pen support)... but I guess they won't do that.

I am hoping for a Google Backup app (or something like Google iCloud) for me to backup SMS, App Data (WhatsApp, LINE, etc) and Photos (from Gallery)

I think updates should really be more up to the phone maker/Google. I hate how someone like Verizon delays updates for a phone multiple months after every other carrier has it updated. Not to mention forcing actual design changes (look at the crappiness of the GNex and the insipid. button redesign of the LG G2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom