• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

You should post a pic of the old phone you were using dude!

Are you talking to me? This one:

This one broke so...
KalS95M.jpg

I had to deal with this for 5 months

Now i have a Nexus 4 that runs awesome

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
G0anirp.jpg

Hasn't even been two years and every icon/app in this pic has been updated or replaced, lol.

Groof

Man it's not even funny how much the N4 looks better than the GNex.
Also seems like they're doing away with the curved bezels in the N5... :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The only thing I don't like about the N4's looks is the ugly "nexus" logo. They need to update that to be Roboto Light or something, it's too big and thick IMO. In landscape it's not too bad, though... (complete reversal from my previous stance, lol.)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hangouts is gonna announce SMS, MMS, and voice calling in the next week... BBM's already DOA, but what will it be then? Super DOA? Zombie on Arrival?

Malvingt2

Hangouts is gonna announce SMS, MMS, and voice calling in the next week... BBM's already DOA, but what will it be then? Super DOA? Zombie on Arrival?

I dunno what Hangouts is but ok?

all I care right now is that I can community with my family in DR easier.. :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I dunno what Hangouts is but ok?

all I care right now is that I can community with my family in DR easier.. :D

google.com/hangouts

Hangouts is Google's cross-platform text and video chat service with apps for iOS and Android, integration with the Gmail and Google+ sites, and a Chrome extension that runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux PC's. If you have a Google Voice number, you can send and receive calls using the Chrome extension or the iOS app, with Android coming soon. SMS and MMS support, like for iMessage, has also been leaked.

Notifications sync between all installations, and there's hundreds of hand-drawn emoji (smileys.) You can also see where each person in the conversation has read up to, and when they're typing. You can group video chat with up to 8 people on any platform, and even save that video to YouTube.

Essentially, it's the best chat service ever and is going to get a massive, massive upgrade very soon. BBM is dust.

Malvingt2

Keeps an icon in my notifcation bar. Well done BlackBerry lol.
I know right? lol

google.com/hangouts

Hangouts is Google's cross-platform text and video chat service with apps for iOS and Android, integration with the Gmail and Google+ sites, and a Chrome extension that runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux PC's. If you have a Google Voice number, you can send and receive calls using the Chrome extension or the iOS app, with Android coming soon. SMS and MMS support, like for iMessage, has also been leaked.

Notifications sync between all installations, and there's hundreds of hand-drawn emoji (smileys.) You can also see where each person in the conversation has read up to, and when they're typing. You can group video chat with up to 8 people on any platform, and even save that video to YouTube.

Essentially, it's the best chat service ever and is going to get a massive, massive upgrade very soon. BBM is dust.
oh ok thanks.

jokkir

I still don't know how you dealt with this for those few months.

Easy. I sent a total of 600-ish texts those few months and relied on Facebook and Twitter for talking to people >__> lol

And I got a really crappy Acer tablet before my Nexus S broke so that helped my Android fix for a little bit. This is the tablet in question:

Salsa

WhatsApp is crap compared to Hangouts. Only thing going for it is more platforms (I want Google to make at least a WinPho version of Hangouts for this reason. But with SMS coming it may not even matter...)

not enough people around me set up Google+ profiles nor bothered checking it out, and yeah there's no real predominant phone here and whatsapp works on old-ass stuff

whatsapp is huge in latin america

Arkanius

Oh man fuck
They blew BBM is it keeps a constant notification on. Well more than that, it's pretty shitty of Google to require a constant notification on for apps that need to be constantly on to receive notifications. Skype and BBM do not want to use GCM (For one reason or another) but this system prevents bad apps to go rougue

Salsa

After realizing you need to pay Whatsapp after a year, I stopped using it. Despite it only being 1$ lol

well, first year is free on android whereas its $1 upfront in the appstore

I think they gave a pretty good reason on why they *have* to charge, right? cant remember

WhatsApp is crap compared to Hangouts. Only thing going for it is more platforms (I want Google to make at least a WinPho version of Hangouts for this reason. But with SMS coming it may not even matter...)

I don't know a single person here in Canada or the UK that uses or even knows what Hangouts is.

Whatsapp however is used by everyone.

Hangouts just seems like a huge waste of time, they need to just let it die.

Arkanius

I don't know a single person here in Canada or the UK that uses or even knows what Hangouts is.

I use Hangouts A LOT with people that use Gmail as their main mail platform.
I have to use WhatsApp for everyone else though. Basically,people that used Google Talk got carried over to Hangouts

gcubed

my entire company uses hangouts, for thiings from chat to web meetings. I use hangouts for chat and video callings to almost all of my friends and family, across platforms (well, the two that matter).

I have one person i use whatsapp for. Whatsapp is a huge waste of time, they need to just let it die

see how stupid you sound?

Salsa

chat clients are the one thing where I wouldnt mind just a google (or whoever) takeover. Buy everyone and make the best one

I hate having 4 different apps because of specific people I want/need to stay in touch with

I have fuckin Viber running ffs

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
my entire company uses hangouts, for thiings from chat to web meetings. I use hangouts for chat and video callings to almost all of my friends and family, across platforms (well, the two that matter).

I have one person i use whatsapp for. Whatsapp is a huge waste of time, they need to just let it die

see how stupid you sound?

Mossy has no concept of self introspection.

And Hangouts is huge at my work and in my family. Probably only 1 or 2 WhatsApp users as well.

"They should just let it die." LMFAO. Yeah, kill the best free group video chat service, kill ability to post to YouTube, kill SMS and MMS support, kill the VoIP calling, kill the Google Voice integration. Pack it up Google, Mossy said no one uses Hangouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom