• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man the new play store site looks great

Oh God, finally. FINALLY. It took 25 months but it finally got upgraded to the new Google bar. Wow.

Font looks like garbage on my Windows machine but I guess I should have expected that, lol.

vivftp

The xperia tab is nice, but expensive should have been $350.

Considering its specs and size, $350 would have been beyond a good deal for such a tablet. $399 for the 16 gig version is just about the perfect balance for giving people a good deal without it being too ludicrously cheap. Even still, it's a helluva tablet. I'm currently pondering picking up the 16 gig version as a birthday present for my brother. It's pricey, but worth it IMO.

For my own use though, I'm likely going to wait for the Tablet Zs successor. I already have the original Tablet S 32 gig and while the Z tab destroys it in all possible ways, it's just not enough of a jump for me to go from my tablet to that one. Hopefully the Tab Zs successor will have a triluminos screen, S800 processor and the same stylus input tech used on the Xperia Z Ultra. That alone should be enough to make me make the jump.

tino

Banned
so about that AT&T Next plan... someone please explain how that shit makes sense!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=624221

Its even simpler than the TMo plan. You basically buy the new device in full off contract price but pay in 20 month "interest free" installments. You can choose to sell this phone later yourself or sell it back to ATT (just like lazy people who trade in cars in the dealership).

ATT basically offer you more service to make you harder to leave the carrier.

Zeppu

You know what I've always wanted?

A new play store where less information is shown; where all the apps I've ever installed are listed alphabetically in my apps section, even though I've installed them for 22 seconds; an app store where I can no longer update or uninstall from the web page; a store which is slower to load and unresponsive while loading; a store which no longer segregates installs by the device on which they were installed.

FFS.

3phemeral

New market is absolutely gorgeous and slick, but the current tile setup seems to lend itself to easy app management, which doesn't seem to be available. I'd hate to have to click on each one just to install/uninstall/remove from app list.

Protome

I'm looking into getting a Nexus 7, but it has been out for a year hasn't it? Is there a better 7 inch alternative or news of a refresh?

Its even simpler than the TMo plan. You basically buy the new device in full off contract price but pay in 20 month "interest free" installments. You can choose to sell this phone later yourself or sell it back to ATT (just like lazy people who trade in cars in the dealership).

ATT basically offer you more service to make you harder to leave the carrier.

okay, i can see how it's 'simpler', but how is it better?

the AT&T pricing already accounts for the approximate cost of the device over ~24 months! this is an additional fee on top of that, what the...

T-Mobile actually dropped rates $20 vs their previous rates so the cost of the device was pushed away from the cost of service, this seems to be AT&T just raking in fat wads of cash and stuffing them in their pockets.

You know what I've always wanted?

A new play store where less information is shown; where all the apps I've ever installed are listed alphabetically in my apps section, even though I've installed them for 22 seconds; an app store where I can no longer update or uninstall from the web page; a store which is slower to load and unresponsive while loading; a store which no longer segregates installs by the device on which they were installed.

FFS.

everyone loved the prettier but less useful android play store so they decided to give the web store the same treatment.

tino

Banned
okay, i can see how it's 'simpler', but how is it better?

the AT&T pricing already accounts for the approximate cost of the device over ~24 months! this is an additional fee on top of that, what the...

T-Mobile actually dropped rates $20 vs their previous rates so the cost of the device was pushed away from the cost of service, this seems to be AT&T just raking in fat wads of cash and stuffing them in their pockets.

Its not better when is ATT last time offer a better plan?

Keep in mind this is a 2nd phone payment plan on top of your "once every 24 months" upgrade phone.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Android Authority

A new challenger approaches

jackie-chan-flip-phone.jpg

Vanillalite

Come on you know you all loved having a moto razr back in the day. Now you can relive the glory days thanks to Samsung!!

gcubed

It's not that thick, it just has a camera bump which makes it look thicker.

but if its a non removable back, they should be able to work around the bump with a battery. Under 2000mah is not an acceptable battery

Camera bumps are the fucking worst

they are fine as long as they are designed around well (like the new lumia and this X)... well, also, they really need to have nice cameras if they are going to have a bump. So the X better have something worthy of that humped back

Can you stream any song Google has on sale within play music over all access?

Specifically I grew up in Africa so listen to a lot of Nigerian music which I note Google sells through the play store but don't know if it is available to stream.

Can anyone with all access check if Ekwe by stereoman us available to stream please.

gcubed

i find stereoman, but its not even available to purchase

edit... under "Original Stereoman" I can stream the "Sample Ekwe" album

SimleuqiR

Specifically I grew up in Africa so listen to a lot of Nigerian music which I note Google sells through the play store but don't know if it is available to stream.

Can anyone with all access check if Ekwe by stereoman us available to stream please.

Yes

Ekwe.PNG

Edit:

I was able to "Add to my library" and consequently remove it.

Vanillalite

Everyone in here needs to be playing the Hero Forge beta! Gameplay is so good, and it uses all of the new game G+ stuff that was announced at the Google conference back in May!

No, not any song... Just because it's for sale, doesn't mean that they also have the streaming rights.

KLKiPO5.jpg

Other specs include a 5-inch 1080p display with the same Triluminos technology that's in the Xperia Z Ultra, Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 800, 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded with microSD and a fairly massive 3,000mAh battery. If the alleged spec sheet after the jump is to be believed, then the Lumia 1020 and GS4 Zoom might have to face some serious competition.

jump: http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/16/alleged-sony-xperia-honami-specs/

Groof

they are fine as long as they are designed around well (like the new lumia and this X)... well, also, they really need to have nice cameras if they are going to have a bump. So the X better have something worthy of that humped back

Well, I can agree with this. The 1020 is fine because of the tech they're cramming in there, and because it looks good, but on any other phone it's just horrible.

gcubed

Well, I can agree with this. The 1020 is fine because of the tech they're cramming in there, and because it looks good, but on any other phone it's just horrible.

yes, but if this is the rumored clear pixel sensor that is supposed to be really good its worth it... i really have no idea why we have all these engineering sample phones without pictures from it (besides the old pictures, which I hope to god aren't still accurate)

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
HP: we're gonna try this again dammit

brave2.png

On Monday, we showed you a rendering of a new smartphone that HP is said to be working on. This morning, we received more information about this phone in a screen capture of an AnTuTu Benchmark test that the device was subjected to. The screen on he phone is 4.5 inches with a resolution of 900 x 1600. A quad-core 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 is under the hood with the Adreno 330 GPU handling the graphics. The rear-facing camera is 14.5MP with a 5MP front-facing snapper, and 2GB of RAM is on board.

While our tipster didn't provide us with the actual score, the screenshot reveals that the name of the device is the HP Brave. And it currently is being tested with Android 4.2 running the show.

We have no idea how far along HP is here, but hopefully we will get some information soon that will give us an idea when we can expect the HP Brave to be introduced.

Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!

Groof

yes, but if this is the rumored clear pixel sensor that is supposed to be really good its worth it... i really have no idea why we have all these engineering sample phones without pictures from it (besides the old pictures, which I hope to god aren't still accurate)

What's the deal with the clear pixel thing anyway.

Also glhf HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom