• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorBait

It's always calm before the storm.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but it almost makes you wonder if some of the leaks were orchestrated by Google because of how absolutely silent it has been this week after the leaks were seemingly coming hard and fast the week prior.

SimleuqiR

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but it almost makes you wonder if some of the leaks were orchestrated by Google because of how absolutely silent it has been this week after the leaks were seemingly coming hard and fast the week prior.

Yup. If feels so calculated. I mean, we were getting bombarded all most daily and all of a sudden - nothing!
Cold turkey man!

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
You guys think that the N5 will be a big upgrade from the Photon 4G?

I am not super crazy about phone tech but I was super miffed that Motorola stopped patching the Photon to new os versions(I think I am using 2.3)

Biggest thing I am worried about is battery life. My Photon gets me by on a charge daily unless I start web browsing then its dead in just a few hours. Are new phones better/worse at power efficiency?

I'm in the same boat dude.... I'm still sore from the lack of lube Motorola used when they screwed me over with the Atrix.

Still using this thing. Doesn't charge past like 75%, wifi broken, youtube/embedded video doesn't work... What a POS. Moto will never get another chance from me.

gutshot

Yup. If feels so calculated. I mean, we were getting bombarded all most daily and all of a sudden - nothing!
Cold turkey man!

Either that or there is just nothing more to leak. We know exactly what the phone looks like, what the specs are, what the price will be, and most of the changes coming in KitKat. What else is there?

Fatalah

To steal a joke from last night's Daily Show, HTC is like Gil from the Simpsons.

gil.jpg

Microsoft/Amazon/Facebook/ANYONE need a cell phone? Gil's your guy!

Amazon and Microsoft would love for HTC to make phones for them. I'm sure Facebook wouldn't mind either, hopefully they market it better though.

HTC's already all over it.

Facebook-Phone-HTC-First-003-630x354.jpg

HTC-Windows-Phone-8X-colours.jpg

RnXfDA1.png

Man, today really is a slow Android news day. Damnit Google!

tino

Banned
I want an Amazon phone, in which I have to listen to 30 second of ad when I make a phone call, and I got to call for free.

Also, also browser with ad banners on the top. The Netzero of smartphones, holy shit why haven't somebody thought of this before!?!

SimleuqiR

Why would YouTube launch its own music service when Google already has theirs? Why not re-brand all access to YouTube music?

Because preteens and teens listen to music at home via YouTube. At least that's what I've read before when those types of statistics prop up.

So that seems to be the reasoning.

I'm sure Google has data on how much music people hear on YouTube.

Also, all access is not like the most popular service. YouTube on the other hand...

Because preteens and teens listen to music at home via YouTube. At least that's what I've read before when those types of statistics prop up.

Also, all access is not like the most popular service. YouTube on the other hand...

yep, teens basically use Youtube if they want to listen to something specific or Pandora if they want to just 'listen'

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I hope there's an info dump today. No invites, no announcements of announcements. Info dump.

Nicktendo86

So woke up this morning to find three apps had auto updated; chrome, chrome beta and I would swear I saw Google (as in search) but it is not appearing on the recently updated list. Very odd...

Yoshiya

betting on an info dump within 48 hours. i need the nexus 5 to be exciting ugh, the other announcements this week have been so underwhelming.

the only thing i've actually excited by is the phasing out of the classic macbook pro, so i can affordably upgrade to a broadwell retina model next year. ipads, nokia and the rest have been boring as fuck.

Right then, today or bust I guess. See you all at 5-7pm GMT for constant F5ing various news sites

Given we know everything about the N5, it'll be nice to see what Asus have done with the N10. Tegra or Snapdragon....

So woke up this morning to find three apps had auto updated; chrome, chrome beta and I would swear I saw Google (as in search) but it is not appearing on the recently updated list. Very odd...

Chrome, Chrome Beta and YouTube most probably (I had the same)

Zeppu

If there's a Nexus 10 to be released soon, then I gotta say I'm amazed how we haven't heard or seen a peep related to it.

Groof

The last week or so has been boring as hell lol, funny how the leaks and that suddenly stopped. Think Google sent hit squads out?

Either that, or as I've been saying all along, it was all on purpose and now they're trying to make us forget so they can surprise us even more.

Nicktendo86

Either that, or as I've been saying all along, it was all on purpose and now they're trying to make us forget so they can surprise us even more.

I'm 80% sure the leaks were intentional and we have so far only seen early builds. Can't wait to see the finished product!

panda21

i just realised they have the googy play event today at 7pm NYCT

that makes me thing there will be a blowout earlier today, and then the event won't have any news it will just be to show stuff to the press in person. 7pm is way too late and all the NYC hipster tech journalists will be too busy drinking french whisky and playing the trumpet inside an old water tower by then.

But why make it two services? I know YouTube is a way bigger brand that's why they'd get rid of the all access name.

SimleuqiR

But why make it two services? I know YouTube is a way bigger brand that's why they'd get rid of the all access name.

Google is all into consolidating their services lately, and they have been very diligent about it. To the point that they have pissed off some of their customers. That being said, I can bet you the reason why is separate is that the RIAA wanted it that way.

AndyD

aka andydumi

Because at the end of the day they are different. One is access to a huge source of music you can listen to. The other will have music and their videos, so it will both likely cost more and have less music in total.

A youtube video version is probably nice for newer more popular music that has videos, but for more obscure and lower profile music or whole albums youtube is not the way to go at all. Not only that but negotiating rights for music streaming is likely very different from the rights for the videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom