• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimleuqiR

Installed all three APKs.

Search shuts down every time I ask Google Now a question.

3ubp65.jpg

Toki767

I installed hangouts. Sad that SMS and Hangouts aren't combined into one but I'm guessing they will probably change that in the future.

Are SMS messages archived on Hangouts now?

mturco

Merged the contacts, still different threads.

I installed hangouts. Sad that SMS and Hangouts aren't combined into one but I'm guessing they will probably change that in the future.

Are SMS messages archived on Hangouts now?

Yeah they're definitely not merged. I opened a Hangouts thread for a contact I don't have an SMS thread with and then switched it to SMS and it created a new thread. Ugh. I hope they change this in the future.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I added a few more of you to the cool kids GAF Android Hangout. Check your Hangouts for the invite, and then say hello in chat!

mturco

Actually, this doesn't seem to be working for me.

Do you just drag the app/widget to the edge of the screen?
I held down on the first screen, hit widgets, and then started dragging a widget. It then showed a blank white second screen to the right of the first one.

So I added a few more of you to the cool kids GAF Android Hangout. Check your Hangouts for the invite, and then say hello in chat!

:(

I held down on the first screen, hit widgets, and then started dragging a widget. It then showed a blank white second screen to the right of the first one.
Weird. This definitely isn't happening for me.
EDIT: Okay, got it. You have to have at least one item on the first screen to get another screen to appear.

jokkir

I figured out how to fix the voice search with the new search

Go to Settings > Language and Input > Language
And change it to "Espanol (Espana)" (Another language may work, but I tried it with this one)
Go back home, and try to make a search. If you don't know Spanish, say "me hablo espanol" (me hah-blow s-pan-yole)
Go back to Settings and change it back to English. See if this works.

mturco

Holy shit the Email app has the navigation slide out and card styling like the Gmail app. Finally.

Edit: But no pinch to zoom / autofit?! WHAT

Hey, I'm a bit out of the N5 shipping loop; maybe you guys can help me. I was on a flight while it went for sale, so I had asked my dad to buy me one. He was really nice and did it, and my 32GB White one is scheduled to ship by November 5. Does that mean that I missed out on the initial wave that ships immediately, or is there no such thing?

mturco

Hey, I'm a bit out of the N5 shipping loop; maybe you guys can help me. I was on a flight while it went for sale, so I had asked my dad to buy me one. He was really nice and did it, and my 32GB White one is scheduled to ship by November 5. Does that mean that I missed out on the initial wave that ships immediately, or is there no such thing?

Nah November 5 is the first wave it seems. Although a lot of people (including me) have had theirs ship already despite it saying Nov 5.

this_guy

That's everyone's ship date so you're fine, and a few posters said there's have already shipped (even though it said Nov 5)

I'm so excited about this phone. I'm watching Marques' Kit Kat video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7TD3Z03l2I) and it feels like it's finally the fulfillment of Google's vision of Android. It's beautiful.

EDIT: except for Hangouts' omission of Google Voice compatibility. I made the decision years ago to commit my telephonic identity to Google, and I'm getting left in the dust for it.

Fatalah

Wow, I'm still on my old HTC Incredible and the Google Experience app is so smooth! Plus it takes over everything! Sense and TouchWiz are DONE.

Laekon

I'm normally not one to buy something before seeing reviews but I jumped on this to replace my Galaxy Nexus. I'm a little worried that my order went in at 11:06 AM PST and still shows pending. The charge has shown up but hasn't gone through yet.

I hope the camera is a really big upgrade and turns out better than the specs. The ease of use and quality of the iPhone camera makes it hard to pass up but saving $350 makes up for a lot.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
google now worked without any language hacks

hangouts sms is laggy tho

everything works with no fc...yet

Google Now says I walked 120 miles (about 195km) in the month of October. Not sure how accurate but 6.5km a day seems about right. Kind of a cool card I had never noticed before.

GatorBait

I'm so excited about this phone. I'm watching Marques' Kit Kat video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7TD3Z03l2I) and it feels like it's finally the fulfillment of Google's vision of Android. It's beautiful.

EDIT: except for Hangouts' omission of Google Voice compatibility. I made the decision years ago to commit my telephonic identity to Google, and I'm getting left in the dust for it.
Google+ posting says they hope to get Voice integrated into Hangouts by "early 2014," but it also sounds like some of the features they hope to get up and running for "full" integration are going to rely on the phone carriers (e.g., MMS capability using Voice). Frankly, I've decided I'm not holding my breath any longer and bailing out on Voice. I'm moving to an AT&T GoPhone plan that has unlimited texting and leaving GVoice in the dust.

ok, so i loaded most apks on my rooted GS4 running 4.2.2. I got Google voice search working and the launcher gives me transparent nav bars. Everything is looking good so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom