• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

kinggroin

Banned
Lol, that was fantastic.

N4. I know, I know, I should be happy and should stick it out until next year since this is still a great phone. I'm a sucker for new tech.

If there is any place you should never feel shame for having tech lust, its here.

Never be happy with what you got. Never.

This is cool and all, but don't go and think it's terribly accurate.

It's telling me that in October I walked 165 miles and biked 9 miles. In reality I did walk about 165-170 miles or so, but I biked nearly 50. I use Runtastic Pro whenever I walk or bike anywhere and, while I'm lazy and just pulling rough numbers from it, the numbers in Now are definitely less than accurate.

Cool card regardless, though. It's a start. Love to see it become daily.
Yeah it definitely isn't perfect. I use Nike+ and I run around 100k a month so it doesn't seem to track those runs very well. Or maybe it doesn't track running at all, not sure. Nonetheless I use Nike+ for all that and it works well.

I wonder when 4.4 will be pushed to the N4.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You and me both, man. You and me both.

If there is any place you should never feel shame for having tech lust, its here.

Never be happy with what you got. Never.

image.php

My N5 ships in 3-4 weeks. I'm cool with that. I'm just glad I was able to process my order successfully.

Ordered it when it first went up?

dubq

Ordered it when it first went up?

I actually missed the first go.. and then on my way home last night I kept refreshing and eventually the 32GB black came back in stock for a split second. I was fast enough to get it into my cart and check-out. I think that a lot of people just had them in their carts while they were deciding, and eventually they would just become available again - one at a time. I noticed afterward that it happened a few times with the 16GB model as well.

I tried it and "BREAKING" sure it right. It breaks a ton of apps when using it so I went abck to Dalvik lol

Haha, yeah. But whenever Google finishes work on it, and it's no longer experimental, it seems like it could be a big boost for Android performance.

-----------

Okay, I've never sold a phone (or anything really) before, and I'm wondering if I could get some help. I really want to sell my at&t GS4 so I can get the N5. My problem is I no longer have the box it came in (friend threw it away mistakenly), and it's rooted. I haven't seen a way to unroot an MF3 firmware S4, but if I can't that's okay. I'll be sure to make note of that if/when I sell the thing. As for the box, would calling up at&t for a replacement box (haha, sounds ridiculous) do the trick?

While I wish I would have just taken the plunge yesterday I think I'll wait until reviews state how the battery holds up. If alls well I'm definitely selling this S4.

Speaking if which...what's the best way to unload a cell phone? Never sold one before. Also the fact that it is locked to at&t has to be a deterrent to buyers that are not on at&t... So how do I unlock it...although aren't there like 4 different s4 versions though? May not matter that it is locked.

Any ideas? Was actually hoping to keep this phone as well just in case but it just won't work out with these new console releases on the horizon.

Can I just say I love SMS in Hangouts (aside from it not joining convos with actual Hangouts messages)...

Animations are smooth and I like the notification sound.

mclem

My Dad is considering purchasing the Asus MemoPad 10, but I'm not sure about it, not least because there seems to be quite a lot of oddness around the tablet:

* I can find news posts pegging the UK release as October 21st; the system ought to be available currently.
* I cannot find any reviews of the tablet (It doesn't help that there's two others with similar names (Memopad FHD 10; Memopad Smart 10)
* The newsposts talking about the release pegs it as for sale on Amazon and eBuyer.
* I can't find it on Amazon. I can't find it on eBuyer.
* Dad brought it to my attention because he'd found it for sale... from Debenhams, of all places. Looking further, I can find only four companies claiming to sell it, and none of them are the ones mentioned in those news posts.

All these are setting off alarm bells for me. Not least because my Dad is purchasing to a tight deadline; if the shops that do claim to be selling it are doing so with only the expectation of future stock, no actual confirmed stock, then he might well miss out.

Does anyone know anything about this one?

rc213

While I wish I would have just taken the plunge yesterday I think I'll wait until reviews state how the battery holds up. If alls well I'm definitely selling this S4.

Speaking if which...what's the best way to unload a cell phone? Never sold one before. Also the fact that it is locked to at&t has to be a deterrent to buyers that are not on at&t... So how do I unlock it...although aren't there like 4 different s4 versions though? May not matter that it is locked.

Any ideas? Was actually hoping to keep this phone as well just in case but it just won't work out with these new console releases on the horizon.

Can I just say I love SMS in Hangouts (aside from it not joining convos with actual Hangouts messages)...

Animations are smooth and I like the notification sound.

As long as the phone is paid off you can call AT&T and ask for an unlock code. If they refuse call back and tell them you're going out of the country for a bit and would like to use it.

As for selling it you can go Craigslist route, I usually have them meet me at a local police stations parking. Best buy along with other shops will buy it from you for less than you will get selling it yourself.

I just sold mine for $350.

tino

Banned
A lot of people don't typically sell phones with the boxes. I think Samsung phones have horrible resale value though.

Samsung high end phones (Galaxy S, Note) actually have the best resell value among the android phones. LG and Sony are the lowest in the U.S.

ajpw

My Dad is considering purchasing the Asus MemoPad 10, but I'm not sure about it, not least because there seems to be quite a lot of oddness around the tablet:

* I can find news posts pegging the UK release as October 21st; the system ought to be available currently.
* I cannot find any reviews of the tablet (It doesn't help that there's two others with similar names (Memopad FHD 10; Memopad Smart 10)
* The newsposts talking about the release pegs it as for sale on Amazon and eBuyer.
* I can't find it on Amazon. I can't find it on eBuyer.
* Dad brought it to my attention because he'd found it for sale... from Debenhams, of all places. Looking further, I can find only four companies claiming to sell it, and none of them are the ones mentioned in those news posts.

All these are setting off alarm bells for me. Not least because my Dad is purchasing to a tight deadline; if the shops that do claim to be selling it are doing so with only the expectation of future stock, no actual confirmed stock, then he might well miss out.

Does anyone know anything about this one?

tell him to get a nexus 10

werks

Banned
Wow, pretty sure the vergecast is coming off my podcast list. Major nexus and android release and all they had to say was that the camera sucks. Then they talked about how it was lame that LG already released the hardware, like the nexus 5 is some old tech and completely ignoring the fact that it has the latest processor with half the price of competing phones.

We all wanted a better camera... And 3000 mah battery, but it isn't happening for $350. Hell I would have paid more for better camera and battery, and I don't even mind them slagging the phone because of the camera. But Jesus Christ, there was a lot more to talk about the nexus 5 and kitkat.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wow, pretty sure the vergecast is coming off my podcast list. Major nexus and android release and all they had to say was that the camera sucks. Then they talked about how it was lame that LG already released the hardware, like the nexus 5 is some old tech and completely ignoring the fact that it has the latest processor with half the price of competing phones.

We all wanted a better camera... And 3000 mah battery, but it isn't happening for $350. Hell I would have paid more for better camera and battery, and I don't even mind them slagging the phone because of the camera. But Jesus Christ, there was a lot more to talk about the nexus 5 and kitkat.

I stopped listening to that years ago. They just never seem to have an meaningful conversation on there.

tino

Banned
I stopped listening to that years ago. They just never seem to have an meaningful conversation on there.

Patel ones in a while make have a really good point about the industry. Trollpolski is just trashy TV show all day every week. But yeah I don't listen to tech podcast anymore.

I got more than enough of them on the GAF threads anyway.

I'm just glad that Paul left the Verge. I never liked him, might be the obvious focus on Apple. Josh just rambles like a dog at times, but the podcast is actually not that bad, when they have other editors on it.

That said, I think I prefer the Verge Mobile Show. At least they hate everything equally.

So what's the battery life like on the N5? Do we know yet?

Also, I got to play around with the Galaxy Gear today. I....er.....liked it. It goes against every review I've seen of the device but it was fast, I mean really fast, and it fit my wrist perfectly and didn't look too big at all. I wanted one.

However only works with Samsung phones, so garbage.

dubq

My N5 ships in 3-4 weeks. I'm cool with that. I'm just glad I was able to process my order successfully.

Aw snap. Quoting myself! I just logged into my Play account and my shipping time changed from 3-4 weeks to 2-3 weeks. itshappeningpossiblymaybe.gif :D

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Patel ones in a while make have a really good point about the industry. Trollpolski is just trashy TV show all day every week. But yeah I don't listen to tech podcast anymore.

Someone, somewhere told Topolsky he was funny. We've been suffering the consequences of that ever since.

Vanillalite

I'm just glad that Paul left the Verge. I never liked him, might be the obvious focus on Apple. Josh just rambles like a dog at times, but the podcast is actually not that bad, when they have other editors on it.

That said, I think I prefer the Verge Mobile Show. At least they hate everything equally.

I think it more the lack of focus. Outside of some comedy podcasts most of the stuff I listen to podcast wise is pretty structured and on point.

Similar reason I can't do the bombcast.

Vanillalite

The cool kid Android-GAF Hangout is still open. There is a small cover charge of $10 which can be sent to me via paypal, and if all checks out you'll get your Hangout invite!

PM with your info and I'll send you my paypal e-mail to get things started. :p

PriitV

The cool kid Android-GAF Hangout is still open. There is a small cover charge of $10 which can be sent to me via paypal, and if all checks out you'll get your Hangout invite!

PM with your info and I'll send you my paypal e-mail to get things started. :p

Info was sent a while ago, money has been taken, no resolution in sight. Doubting in the choices I've made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom