• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_m123

I'm about to snap my phone in half. HTC One, and it has randomly called my home phone probably 30 times over the past 2 or 3 days. I think it has something to do with playing music but I have no idea what the source is. I'll be listening to something and then it will stop, and it'll make a random call that instantly gets dropped - always to my home phone number.

Have no idea what it is. Sometimes happens when it's in my pocket, sometimes when I'm sleeping, (sleep w/headphones in) and I can't find a pattern of when it happens. It happens when using HTC's default music app and when using Play Music. Any thoughts? It's rage inducing and has woken my family up even a few times during the middle of the night.

I had a desire HD and it was randomly pressing buttons and doing things like trying to make calls. Turned out it was the audio cable i had in. The phone could not differentiate this normal audio lead i used in the car to a handsfree kit. I had to download an app to disable the handsfree functionality of the phone to stop it from happening. I would have thought they would have fixed this by now. If not SMH HTC!

tino

Banned
Oh, shut the fuck up with the Google shills thing. You don't like their opinions, so you dismiss them with a straw man? Get out of here.

Dude you got it backwards. Somebody called my name directly without making an argument with my opinions. I said I am not going that low. Thats all I said. Maybe you should go back and reread the last 2 pages.

Why the fuck should I get out of here? Please don't throw that peer pressure thing around. We are all grown men here.

gcubed

Look, a bunch of google shills. If you don't want to bring a valid argument to the table, don't make passive aggressive comment about me personally.

I would tell you who I put in my ignore list but last time I did that I was banned for a few days. So I will just roll eyes and move on.

What in the world does getting 5% off have to do with it vs a credit card? And how does it makes it more chaotic? It's almost exactly the same as using your credit card (you do miss out on cc rewards but if you are getting 5% cc rewards please let me know where so I can sign up). So why would you want 5% off just to use it?

And your comment about chrome on the n5 deserves no rebuttal since you obviously have never used it. There are lots of things to pick on mobile chrome about... It scrolls beautifully.

There were no passive aggressive comments about you, it was your posts. You dropped two posts back to back that left me scratching my head.

And I believe colinisation saying "get out of here" was just a figure of speech, not actually requesting you leave.

skybaby

I got a Nexus4 for timely updates. I don`t think waiting weeks for 4.4 is anywhere near "timely". I'm honestly a bit disappointed :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Can we please not turn this into another coldfoot situation where we misjudge a poster's ability to take a joke and it backfires spectacularly?

this_guy

Come on, brother, we're just having a laugh. This is a Community thread and we're all a part of it. Everyone thinks everything I say is with tremendous anger, Andrex is a cheap, Google shill, gcubed bought a Xoom, Brett works for every company out there, and Faceless should buy an iPhone.

Don't forget - Bboy AJ buys every Apple product a week before they announce the new model. Such a weird coincidence. Every single time.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Don't forget - Bboy AJ buys every Apple product a week before they announce the new model. Such a weird coincidence. Every single time.

Yeah! I sure hope it doesn't happen again next update season. I mean, what would the odds be of that!

gcubed

I got a Nexus4 for timely updates. I don`t think waiting weeks for 4.4 is anywhere near "timely". I'm honestly a bit disappointed :(

its timely, google always gives its new nexus a little bit of time as an exclusive. It'll come out and roll out right as soon as that "exclusive" period is over to the N4, N7's and GPEs. Then the mid year updates or any bug fixes come right away. You just have to put up with the limited exclusive window of the newest Nexus which is annoying, but has gotten better since they pulled a lot of apps out of the base updates.

mturco

Apple announces iOS 7 at WWDC on June 10th and releases it 3 months later. No outrage.

Google announces KitKat on October 31st and hasn't released it 2 weeks later. Outrage.

What.

Zeppu

Yeah! I sure hope it doesn't happen again next update season. I mean, what would the odds be of that!

Funny story.

This weekend a girl I know came up to me all excited and told me: "I bought the nexus!"

I was like "wow! the 5?"

Her: "......"

:lol

jokkir

Apple announces iOS 7 at WWDC on June 10th and releases it 3 months later. No outrage.

Google announces KitKat on October 31st and hasn't released it 2 weeks later. Outrage.

What.

That was on beta, no? It's already out on Nexus 5 and nowhere to be seen on their other devices that should be getting it sooner than other phones.

mturco

It's already out on Nexus 5.

Well of course. I mean on other Nexus devices. (But yes, that further proves my point.)

That was on beta, no? It's already out on Nexus 5 and nowhere to be seen on their other devices that should be getting it sooner than other phones.

It's not an apples-to-apples comparison, sure, but still. I think the outrage is just because in the past Google has been quicker (usually within a couple days). I'm just saying that Google is far from the only company to have a delay between announcement and widespread release dates.

Zeppu

Come on guys, we all know that the x.y.0 release is always a beta anyway. That's why we always get an x.y.1 release a few weeks after release almost every single time.

gcubed

Come on guys, we all know that the x.y.0 release is always a beta anyway. That's why we always get an x.y.1 release a few weeks after release almost every single time.

well we already know a .1 release is coming, at least for the 5. But, again, the newest nexus phone always has a small exclusive window (at least as much as I can remember)

GatorBait

Yup, from the second I saw the new Photos app I knew the old Gallery app as we know it would be phased out. The fact that it didn't even get updated at all in 4.4 further cemented that fact.

Would this be something Google can do behind-the-scenes in a Google Play Services update? Or would it have to come in an OS-level update?

The only thing I don't like about the new G+ Photos app is that the share menu is inconsistent from every other single application and paradigm in Android. Which is OK if they plan on making it the standard going forward, but it sticks out now.

I can sort of understand why they felt the need to differentiate it somewhat since the Photos "app" is part of the Google+ app and they obviously wanted to have the G+ sharing features front and center.

jokkir

Who needs Kitkat when you have a custom rom and launcher to have a knock-off kitkat look?

QjklsoO.jpg
dLdrWtL.jpg

kYlj70f.jpg

Better performance compared to Kitkat too

jokkir

Can someone tell me why Google cropped the edges on the camera view finder? It just makes it harder getting a perfectly cropped shot if you cant see the extra stuff you're taking a picture of.

And speaking of the camera, why did they remove features that were once there in Ice Cream Sandwich like the face effects?

Cudder

Can someone tell me why Google cropped the edges on the camera view finder? It just makes it harder getting a perfectly cropped shot if you cant see the extra stuff you're taking a picture of.

This shit really irks me on my Gnex. Completely pointless. I also hate how the camera itself has to "rotate" when you change orientation. Is that fixed on the N5?

Groof

This shit really irks me on my Gnex. Completely pointless. I also hate how the camera itself has to "rotate" when you change orientation. Is that fixed on the N5?

They do it so the image fills the entire screen. It's utterly stupid, but that's how they do it.
Also I thought the camera rotation was fixed in 4.3? My N4 doesn't rotate the entire thing anymore, but it simply lags for a second and the icons are turned around.

Cudder

They do it so the image fills the entire screen. It's utterly stupid, but that's how they do it.
Also I thought the camera rotation was fixed in 4.3? My N4 doesn't rotate the entire thing anymore, but it simply lags for a second and the icons are turned around.

What do you mean "so it fills the entire screen?" Why not just fill the entire screen with the image that's actually going to be captured?

And that camera rotate lag is exactly what I'm referring to. I don't think that was always there. It irritates me. Is it gone in the N5?

What do you mean "so it fills the entire screen?" Why not just fill the entire screen with the image that's actually going to be captured?

And that camera rotate lag is exactly what I'm referring to. I don't think that was always there. It irritates me. Is it gone in the N5?

different aspect ratio

Groof

The photos are 4:3, the screen is 16:10. What they do is instead of having a 4:3 image inside the widescreen display with black bars, they expand that image so it fills the entire thing, cropping out some parts of the picture for nothing more than aesthetic reasons. It's stupid.

As for the N5, I can't comment. Don't have one,

Eanan

I just installed aosp browser and after rebooting it just has "aosp browser installer" in the app drawer. Where do I actually go to run this app or what's it called in the app drawer?

Anyone? Im not sure the AOSP browser installed to or if there is something I have to do :S

Running Carbon rom most up to date nightly mako, with root.

Anyone? Im not sure the AOSP browser installed to or if there is something I have to do :S

Running Carbon rom most up to date nightly mako, with root.

You click on that and if I remember it gives you an option to uninstall I think. Click it, then reopen the app and reinstall. Something like that. It kept force closing on me though and even deleted my main web browser, so be aware.

jokkir

Thank you for developers though. They have an option to fix that weird cropped view.

this_guy

Received another survey from the Google Rewards app. Only received $0.36 for a survey about going to the movies/theatres. $0.36!?? It's going to take way more than 350 surveys to get a free Nexus 5 at this rate.

thespot84

Received another survey from the Google Rewards app. Only received $0.36 for a survey about going to the movies/theatres. $0.36!?? It's going to take way more than 350 surveys to get a free Nexus 5 at this rate.

the survey app FC'd on shiny 4.4 on my gnex but a new kernal fixed it (golden kernel) if anyone runs into that. I had a survey about big purchases the other day but nothing since :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom