• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh wait Google is fucking us.

And you're complaining?
lLGKsTS.png

vdlow

Android ‏@Android
Starting today, Nexus 7 (2012 and 2013) and Nexus 10 will be getting a tasty update to Android 4.4, KitKat

Android ‏@Android
Stay tuned, Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 versions with mobile data will be getting the update soon!

images

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Android ‏@Android
Starting today, Nexus 7 (2012 and 2013) and Nexus 10 will be getting a tasty update to Android 4.4, KitKat

Android ‏@Android
Stay tuned, Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 versions with mobile data will be getting the update soon!

images

LtNDbKz.png

Kinda glad I didn't get the N7 LTE.

Emwitus

Fuck :-( what's the point of a nexus device if you can't get a day one update? Too bad I'm a fool for Google so I'll probably get 5

Android ‏@Android

Android ‏@Android

images

Finally!

Nexus 4 here :(

So, the transparent navbar and GLE will be N5 exclusives afterall

nexusae0_2K7HqSl_thumb1.jpg

nexusae0_C9RgBW0_thumb.png

Fuck you Google

Edit:

The transparency is there, at least with NOVA

Confirmed by the reddit user who took those ss

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1qi43d/i_just_got_android_44_kitkat_on_my_nexus_7/

gcubed

I know home works but show me a screenshot for work.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-VIQnFdBbrp4/UoLxHtiJ1hI/AAAAAAAAa9A/n5LCsfSk8MI/w460-h818-no/Screenshot.png[/IM1G][/QUOTE]

There

[quote="The Faceless Master, post: 89593322"]"take me home" got search results, but everything else worked, including "go home", "go to work", "take me [U]to[/U] home", "take me to my house", etc...[/QUOTE]

yeah, sorry. Take me TO home works, not just take me home

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Submarino Conversível;89597482 said:
Finally!

Fuck you Google

Edit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1qi43d/i_just_got_android_44_kitkat_on_my_nexus_7/

Well yeah the transparency is an API, meaning it's enabled on an app-by-app basis by devs, and the new homescreen is one such app.

Don't worry, Googy wants to take more control away from OEMs so I'm sure the launcher will be put on the Play store eventually.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also, Navigate to Work doesn't work for me either, strangely. And I definitely have Work set in Maps, and Now public transportation cards even show up when I'm leaving to go to work. Weird,

Screenshot_2013-11-12-22-35-50.png

gcubed

Also, Navigate to Work doesn't work for me either, strangely. And I definitely have Work set in Maps, and Now public transportation cards even show up when I'm leaving to go to work. Weird,

[i1mg]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tKDBdAQvOHw/UoLz8qkpATI/AAAAAAAAhCs/QSP9mf-6LmQ/s600/Screenshot_2013-11-12-22-35-50.png[/img]

is work set in google now?

Vyer

Take and Navigate me to work works great on my N7, and I've never even set anything as 'work' in Now. I haven't even taken my N7 to that office very much.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
FYI, I called November 13 as 4.4 day. Ask the Hangout bros. Also, expect a Google Now update.

Threi

notag
That "reddit user" needs to go into his cache and post the damn update zip for the rest of us >=(

also If Moto X gets KitKat before the Nexus 4 that will be the ultimate kick in the balls.

3phemeral

Yes. And like I said, it's also set in Google Maps.

hiChjHNl.png

I sometimes get this issue, but it's never as bad as your situation. I thought it was network based, as I noticed it would happen when my phone dropped to 3G (though, that could be coincidental). Nothing I did would help, except a reboot. I actually never figured out what caused it, as it would cause issues when I'm trying to use Now to send a text call someone, or even set an alarm. It would default to a Google Search rather than perform the action.

Submarino Conversível;89597482 said:
Finally!

Fuck you Google

Edit:

Just get the apk for the launcher until goog lifts the timed exclusivity.

Heck it even works on 4.3, running it and Google now works too.

Also N4 here. Gimme my 4.4 dammit.

My local business search in the dialer works again. Man this feature is so genius I'm kind of shocked that no one thought of putting it right into the dialer.

this_guy

Guys I don't think the Chrome browser is a battery hog like everyone thinks it is. I've been normally using either Firefox or Boat browser for the last couple of years on Android, but decided to use Chrome yesterday hoping Google sees what I'm browsing and offers me more surveys so I can rack up another $0.20-$0.40. Previously i didn't use Chrome because I didn't want Google tracking me, and Chrome didn't seem as smooth as Firefox or Boat Browser. On the Nexus 5 everything is super smooth so this was no longer an issue.

What I noticed - web browsing on Firefox and Chrome causes the same amount of battery drain. Not very scientific, but that's the initial feel. Now, when I checked battery usage, Chrome shows up, but not Firefox, nor Boat browser, nor Opera Mobile (I sometimes use this because it has an offroad feature which uses less data). Of course screen on time was the top usage for battery, and Chrome came in second (which makes sense, because I was browsing for quite a while). I started using Chrome yesterday around mid day, and prior to that I was using Firefox. I used both equally yesterday (at the end of the day I had been off the charger for 21 hours and had 3 hours 40 minutes of screen time, with about 20% battery left). Chrome shows up in the battery usage second to the screen, but I was expecting to see Firefox about equal to Chrome because I used both equally, but it was nowhere to be seen.

I think this is why everyone thinks Chrome is a battery hog - because it's listed under the battery usage in Settings but the other browsers do not show up. Can you guys verify this as well?

A more scientific way to do your test would be to install an app that monitors current drain from your battery, browse/use the same set of sites in the same way for each browser, then see which browser used the most power in viewing that set.

I don't know if the batterystats test is meaningful, it might just be that other browsers don't show up because they use android's webview instead of a custom engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom