• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

Snapseed also allows you to take pictures.

Anyway, after brief research on VSCO is that it gives better predefined filters that give more of an emulated film look compared to other photo editing apps on mobile. VSCO also has a portfolio with Adobe Lightroom though I'm not too sure what it is.

They both do different things it looks but also allows for editing photos but VSCO looks to have better filters.

Groof

A photo editing app with pre-defined filters is only as good as it filters are. These can be more or less personal preference, so it's just to try them out and see which one fits your tastes the most. So far I think VSCO has some pretty good filters, and the basic editing options are good as well. Though the interface is really fucking with me. Don't really care for it outside of editing mode.

Yeah it's very confusing. Why don't pictures taken with it show up in my Photos app? Why can't I use it as a camera replacement? Why can't I import my pictures?

That slide out menu was well hidden.

sounds like a garbage job... an app ported from another OS with all the limitations still intact...

Once you take those shots you can view them in the swanky gallery, complete with multiple thumbnail sizes and integrated sharing to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

wait.. what!? no proper share function?

Groof

So that full screen album artwork is a beautiful thing we all can agree on, right? Personally, I love it, which means when Spotify updated their app to support KitKat I was quite joyous.
However, then I unlocked my phone and saw this pixely mess:
Screenshot_2013-12-03-13-33-17.png
Low quality album art. In this day and age. What the fuck?
Compare to how the same song looks when played through Play Music:
Night and day difference.

And that's separate from the playback icons on the lock screen disappearing and the songs just stopping at random. The fuck.

Is there a way to disable annotations in the YouTube app? By that I mean the little square picture of the channel of whatever video you're watching. I haven't used YouTube app in a while so this must've started with a recent update.

kehs

Banned
Here’s what you do:
  • Go to motorola.com/holiday2daysale and register for the promotion starting at noon EST on the two sale days. You will know right away if quantities are still available.
  • Once registered, you will be emailed a promo code within a few hours. This code is active for one week.
  • Go to Moto Maker and design your phone within the one week window (take your time and have fun!).
  • At checkout, enter your one-time promo code to receive $150 off the no-contract price in the shopping cart. (Your code only works once and for one phone.)
  • Submit your order to get rocking with your custom Moto X in time for the holidays. Moto Maker will provide an estimated delivery date while you design your product and again at checkout. You will also receive an email when we start assembling your device as well as when it ships.*

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/2013/12/our-2-day-holiday-sale-is-almost-here.html

kehs

Banned
I just remember it asking me to give my Ford permission for it. I didn't do anything special except pair to car and click Ok when the car asked for permissions.

I probably just need to repair(hmm repair and re-pair are the same thing in this context) then.

gutshot

Had a chance to play with a Nexus 5 tonight. Love the build quality and it is super snappy and responsive. But, compared to my GNex, the screen looked washed out as hell. Is this a common thing? Or was it just an issue with the display model I was looking at?

Good God, I just read that VSCOCam review from Android Police. What the hell?

As unintuitive as navigating the app is, the filters and customization are leagues and bounds over Instagram. The filters are all pretty nice and emulate film stock the best. It can be as harsh or subdued as people want it to be.

If anything, apps like Snapseed with its fake burns and scratches are more "hipster".

jaydogg691

Any word on when the Nexus 10 is going to come out? I just sold my Nexus 7 and I'm already missing my tablet needs. The Nexus 7 was my first tablet and it was a really great device, but the size difference was too far from my phone and would like to experience a full size tablet.

Jake.

does anyone know what wallpaper dimensions are for an s4 mini? i presume a single screen one would be 540x960? what about a scrolling one?

Had anyone tried the new MOGA controllers? The new ones actually seem pretty decent, plus I like the charge and play functionality. I used to use a GameKlip for my GS3, but now I have a Nexus 5 and I don't see the guy making any newer models.

wilflare

Had anyone tried the new MOGA controllers? The new ones actually seem pretty decent, plus I like the charge and play functionality. I used to use a GameKlip for my GS3, but now I have a Nexus 5 and I don't see the guy making any newer models.

I am going to get a Universal Gameklip with a Clingo Sticky Pad :)

jokkir

Good God, I just read that VSCOCam review from Android Police. What the hell?

As unintuitive as navigating the app is, the filters and customization are leagues and bounds over Instagram. The filters are all pretty nice and emulate film stock the best. It can be as harsh or subdued as people want it to be.

If anything, apps like Snapseed with its fake burns and scratches are more "hipster".

Yeah, apparently filters = hipster and they're both the devil.

Something really has the authors upset about hipsters. Maybe he got kicked out of a coffee shop while trying to write that article or something lol

So that full screen album artwork is a beautiful thing we all can agree on, right? Personally, I love it, which means when Spotify updated their app to support KitKat I was quite joyous.
However, then I unlocked my phone and saw this pixely mess:

Low quality album art. In this day and age. What the fuck?
Compare to how the same song looks when played through Play Music:

Night and day difference.

And that's separate from the playback icons on the lock screen disappearing and the songs just stopping at random. The fuck.

That's android spotify for you. The app has always had problems.

And the ui change of moving the shuffle and repeat icons....wtf? How does it make any sense? The app really makes me want to change subscriptions. D/led Rdio today to see how their music selection stacks up.

Yoshiya

Well according to the court documents they have had revenues of £220m in the UK for the first nine months of the year, I don't think they can afford to lose the UK which is probably one of their profitable countries. If they get blocked from the EU by Nokia then they really are done for and may as well declare bankruptcy to await a bail out from the Taiwanese government or liquidation and asset sales to mainland companies.

When will the appeal outcome be known?

Groof

That's android spotify for you. The app has always had problems.

And the ui change of moving the shuffle and repeat icons....wtf? How does it make any sense? The app really makes me want to change subscriptions. D/led Rdio today to see how their music selection stacks up.
Yep yep yep yep.
Not to mention it still pauses playback for every notification.

Cipherr

Had a chance to play with a Nexus 5 tonight. Love the build quality and it is super snappy and responsive. But, compared to my GNex, the screen looked washed out as hell. Is this a common thing? Or was it just an issue with the display model I was looking at?

The old GNex uses those over saturated AMOLED colors. It exxagerates the hell out of all of the colors making them look more 'rich'. The LCD display on the N5 is much closer to accurate colors. Some folks prefer the more realistic colors, some prefer the deep rich colors of AMOLED.

Nicktendo86

I've had quite a lot of time with my father in law's N5, love every part of it EXCEPT the buttons. They stick out far too much and are far too 'wobbly'.

gutshot

The old GNex uses those over saturated AMOLED colors. It exxagerates the hell out of all of the colors making them look more 'rich'. The LCD display on the N5 is much closer to accurate colors. Some folks prefer the more realistic colors, some prefer the deep rich colors of AMOLED.

Hmm. Well I have to say, after looking at the phones side-by-side, I definitely fall into the latter group.

DagsJT

My wife's new Lumia 920 camera makes me hate my Nexus 4. The difference in photo quality is massive :(

Now I'm looking at the Z1 and S4...

ILoveBish

I use the old moga controller, there is a app made by another guy that lets you turn it into a default android controller if its not natively supported.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.obsidianx.android.mogaime

Thats it there. Gameklip guy doesnt make exact clips anymore, he just sells a pre-fabbed generic one and you attach a case to it, and put your phone in that case. I hacked up a S3 gameklip for my note 2 and it works fine.

When will the appeal outcome be known?

They have until Friday to file and appeal, I guess the judgement will come in January. Nokia will probably push for an immediate judgement though.

In other, "just how fucked are HTC?" news:

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-revenue-q3-2014-322084/

Revenues are down YoY by 27%. Absolute dog of a company. They even recognise that lack of product launches are to blame for the decrease in revenue, but seem to have no solution. Stupid, stupid company. Any idiot could have told them that seceding the low end market to Samsung and Chinese mainland companies and letting Sony have the mid-range market would be disastrous, but they still did it. Honestly they deserve what's coming to them.

Talon

Revenues are down YoY by 27%. Absolute dog of a company. They even recognise that lack of product launches are to blame for the decrease in revenue, but seem to have no solution. Stupid, stupid company. Any idiot could have told them that seceding the low end market to Samsung and Chinese mainland companies and letting Sony have the mid-range market would be disastrous, but they still did it. Honestly they deserve what's coming to them.

seceding intr. v -
To withdraw formally from membership in an organization, association, or alliance.

The word you're looking for:

ceding tr. v -
1. To surrender possession of, especially by treaty.
2. To yield; grant:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom