• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

What the hell. I took a picture of my Christmas tree and uploaded it to Google+. It auto awesomed itself and it's sparking now. This shit is creepy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What the hell. I took a picture of my Christmas tree and uploaded it to Google+. It auto awesomed itself and it's sparking now. This shit is creepy.

Sugoi.
AMzq9lr.gif

My contract with Sprint is up in January, so it's hyper reduced upgrade time. I'm currently using the HTC Evo LTE, so come January, what would be the best thing to upgrade to? I can wait a few months if some fresh tech is coming out of the oven soon. Loved each HTC phone I've had, so if at all possible I'd like to stay with them, but won't rule out others. A better phone is a better phone.

My contract with Sprint is up in January, so it's hyper reduced upgrade time. I'm currently using the HTC Evo LTE, so come January, what would be the best thing to upgrade to? I can wait a few months if some fresh tech is coming out of the oven soon. Loved each HTC phone I've had, so if at all possible I'd like to stay with them, but won't rule out others. A better phone is a better phone.

LG G2 or wait until 2014 htc one in feb/march

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Moto X.

Fox Mulder

I've liked my prior HTC phones, but they appear to be a dying company.

ink4n3

Note 3 if you are a manly man.

A few of you(you included) recommended this phone when I asked for someone about a month ago, and it was a great choice. Really nice.

I've liked my prior HTC phones, but they appear to be a dying company.

It really seems like it. Hope things get better for them, but I'm not so sure they will. I still love their flagship phones so much though.

Note 3 if you are a manly man.

Nah, I carry my phone in my pocket, plus I'm way too active for such a large phone. It would get cracked in half I'm sure lol

:LG G2 or Nexus 5.

don't get the Note 3, it's not Tri-band!

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Anybody know how to set the Bing daily wallpaper? Its supposed to be available with the new update but I can't find the option.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
A few days ago I traded my N5 for an LG G2 and I think I made a huge mistake. I am not liking the G2 as much as I thought I would. I can say for a fact that N5 stock is smoother than the LG OS. I could throw so many things at the N5 with out so much of a hiccup. When I was downloading several apps at the same time the G2 paused a few times. I cant believe I am going to say this but the G2 is just too big of a phone to handle. Lucky for me I have a spare unopened N5 that I might just keep. So if anyone is interested in the G2 let me know. I am about to put for sell.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I actually didn't know the LG Flex could, well, flex. I thought it was just curved, but watching it bend and not break is mind boggling.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Don't know if you are being sarcastic but stock its not lame. What LG and Samsung have going on seems very cluttered and confusing.

Never had a stock Android experience, but LG's version is a huge improvement over Samsung's. I find little to complain about on LG's. There are occasional hiccups, but it's 99% buttery and a vast improvement compared to my older Samsung.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Well now I regret it. I am looking at getting rid of the G2 and going back to the N5. To me the G2 screen was better and had battery life. That was the only positives it had over the N5.

Why?

tfur

So, is it true that Tmobile now blocks the hot spot feature when using Kit Kat? I was just sent a message from my brother telling me it blocks it now.

It seems silly. If I have a data plan, it should be able to use the data plan however I see fit.

kehs

Banned
So, is it true that Tmobile now blocks the hot spot feature when using Kit Kat? I was just sent a message from my brother telling me it blocks it now.

It seems silly. If I have a data plan, it should be able to use the data plan however I see fit.

I just tried it, and it still works for me.

kehs

Banned
You can create the hot spot, but when you connect a device, it routes you (the device) to a tmobile login page for getting a hot spot plan.

I just tried it. Not happy.

Nope, connection works for me, browser, apps, everything.

kIdMuScLe

I'm posting this here too before I put it up at swappa.net I'm selling my T-Mobile xperia z (c6606) for $325 which includes a 32GB SD card + a case with the kickstand. Is in good condition with a few scuff marks that you can't notice with the screen on and off.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium

Yup that was blocked when I tried tethering on the N5. On my rooted N4 I was tethering fine. I put 4.4 on the N4 and bam tethering was blocked.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI4bSMiO_xY&feature=player_embedded#t=17

Jesus. That would be a monster on a Moto X with the always listening mode.

Why isn't the Nexus 5 always listening? This omission is ridiculous. IMO, home automation only works if it is always listening. If I have to turn on my phone and speak to it to do something, I'm already annoyed. Also, for certain actions like opening the door when I come home, I don't want to speak to make that happen. It should be a proximity thing.

Good to see home automation progress but man it still looks clunky.

Toki767

Why isn't the Nexus 5 always listening? This omission is ridiculous. IMO, home automation only works if it is always listening. If I have to turn on my phone and speak to it to do something, I'm already annoyed. Also, for certain actions like opening the door when I come home, I don't want to speak to make that happen. It should be a proximity thing.

Good to see home automation progress but man it still looks clunky.

They're missing the special chip that the Moto X has that's always listening.

MarkusRJR

So I bought a Moto G for my dad to replace his Palm Pre for Christmas. I'm concerned though, is 8gb going to be enough for him? I only just learned there is no micro SD card slot once I opened the box up. He's basically just going to toss on a few basic apps (FB, Twitter; YouTube, Netflix, etch) and a few basic games. I'm mostly worried about music though. I'm about to buy my dad a year of Xbox Music since his CD collection was destroyed in a flood in our basement this Summer. Does anyone know if the android Xbox Music app caches data or should he be fine?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm opening up the cool kid hangout to more users today only. PM me if you want in with a note on who you are, why you want in, and an e-mail or else I can't invite you. :p

After a week and a half with a Nexus 7 I am in love with Android. I can't get over how much more utility I get out of my N7 in comparison to my iOS devices. :)

Welcome to the club. A good majority of us were iOS users for a long time as well - including myself. Hell, I had an MBA, iPad, and iPhone at one point. Now it's MBA, Nexus 7, Nexus 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom