• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of want to give Glass a bit more time. So far I've enjoyed using it and it has been pretty helpful. There are clearly some nice features missing like the full functionality of answers that Google Now has but it has some.

Also love the ease of being able to take photos and videos easily with the device.

tr4656

Kind of want to give Glass a bit more time. So far I've enjoyed using it and it has been pretty helpful. There are clearly some nice features missing like the full functionality of answers that Google Now has but it has some.

Also love the ease of being able to take photos and videos easily with the device.

Would be great except the price. I can buy a 4k monitor instead of getting a glass.

I'm tempted to buy a Note 3, but next year iteration with a 64 bit cpu seems like the right choice, because performance will be much better.

Is that right ?

"next year's model will be better" happens every year.

for example, next year will probably be refined 2nd gen 64bit SoC that smoothens out all the bugs, bla bla and the year after that should be another die shrink, more efficient, less power draw, bla bla..

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
"next year's model will be better" happens every year.

for example, next year will probably be refined 2nd gen 64bit SoC that smoothens out all the bugs, bla bla and the year after that should be another die shrink, more efficient, less power draw, bla bla..

Yep! They should just get the Note 3 if that is what they really want and need a phone. If not wait and get one when you feel like it.

You can always wait for the next best thing though.

mturco

Does 4.4.1 fix the alignment of the status icons/clock?

Yeah, kind of.

xozPYt.png

Looks like all the icons are aligned properly now but the clock text is still awkwardly uncentered. I think it's probably intentional.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Had anyone else's 2013 nexus 7 crashed and shut down while using to chrome? I feel like it might be the underlying cause of my problems but I haven't been keeping complete track of what I've been doing when it happens.

Pretty frustrating though.

Mine seems to only crash/reboot when I'm in Chrome. It doesn't happen very often for me but it's happened enough that I can remember it's always while I'm browsing.

Vanillalite

Had anyone else's 2013 nexus 7 crashed and shut down while sure to chrome? I feel like it might be the underlying cause of my problems but I haven't been keeping complete track of what I've been doing when it happens.

Pretty frustrating though.

Never had mine crash like that. That shouldn't be a normal thing. Could be a heat problem and it dies.

potam

Banned
So my iPhone is on its way out, and I'm tempted to hop back on the Android train.

Motorola is doing another sale on the Moto X, which would make it the same price as the N5. Personally, I prefer the smaller size of the X, but the better specs of the N5 are attractive, though I know I probably won't really notice much of a difference (I'm far from a smartphone power user).

Long story short: I'm leaning towards the Moto X, but is there any reason I should go with the N5 instead?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Never had mine crash like that. That shouldn't be a normal thing. Could be a heat problem and it dies.
Eh, I've played some games on it for lengthy periods without any problems. I'll have to keep an eye on it from now on. Not finding anything recent on Google but I hope it's just a software problem.

Vanillalite

So my iPhone is on its way out, and I'm tempted to hop back on the Android train.

Motorola is doing another sale on the Moto X, which would make it the same price as the N5. Personally, I prefer the smaller size of the X, but the better specs of the N5 are attractive, though I know I probably won't really notice much of a difference (I'm far from a smartphone power user).

Long story short: I'm leaning towards the Moto X, but is there any reason I should go with the N5 instead?

N5 just flat out has better specs. Not slightly better specs either, but a sizable jump.

Still for the average user the Moto X is fine. Get the one that'll make you the happiest.

reKon

Banned
N5 just flat out has better specs. Not slightly better specs either, but a sizable jump.

Still for the average user the Moto X is fine. Get the one that'll make you the happiest.

Still though, Moto X never lags and has great performance still. What attracts me is it's always listening mode and the ability to use it one handed. You can't go wrong with either. I used the Nexus 5 a little and loved the very small bezels on the big screen

Rootbeer

Banned
People still care about specs?

For me it's all about camera specs moving forward. While I'm sure we'll see incremental improvements across the board each year, I couldn't be happier with my Nexus 5. Even the battery is perfectly sufficient for my needs.

Pretty happy with the camera in my N5 (4.4.1 ftw), but there's so much more growth possible there.

kehs

Banned

vdlow

Funny that the only app that doesn't show the menu button in my S4 with KitKat is a Google app: Chrome. lol

Also, best decision ever. Especially with the new option to press, hold, and drag to choose an option.

Zeppu

Weird. I just did it about 10 minutes ago and also for the 4.4.1 update. Worked fine both times.

Edit: I did sideload it though. I didn't just flash it the normal way. Not sure if that matters.

Yeah, sideloading should work with custom recovery afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom