• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdlow

4.4 broke app ops, but there was a workaround. Now the workaround is broken too.

Booh Googy, a big and fat BOOOOOH to you.

Hey guys

Just got a Moto X on T-Mobile

Can I do group messages with iPhone users? Or can they do it with me?

I've noticed as an iPhone user that sometimes Android users message me back and they don't see others on the list and act confused and wonder why they are getting random individual messages. Is this still the case?

Talon

Hey guys

I've noticed as an iPhone user that sometimes Android users message me back and they don't see others on the list and act confused and wonder why they are getting random individual messages. Is this still the case?
I've never had this problem on group messages either way - as an iOS originator or Android originator...or dumbphone originator.

JCizzle

Is it me or a lot of people here has recently grabbed a Moto X?

Getting it for 350 will do that, lol.

Got my X in today and I'm shocked by how smooth it is considering it's middling specs. Really a great feeling device so far, and I love the near stock OS.

ILoveBish

4.3 for Verizon note 2 is finally slipped out. Waiting for everyone to beta test it for me and add goodies to the roms, but glad that we're finally getting it.

I've never had this problem on group messages either way - as an iOS originator or Android originator...or dumbphone originator.
I see it with a lot of people.

Just want to make sure group messages with iPhone users will be fine.

Had a friend wth T Mobile and an original Galaxy S that had this issue with us

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
How do I get rid of the other pages on my desktop? You know, the ones I swipe through. I only need one with the clock.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I don't know if it's a google hangouts update thing or the 4.3 update, but my text messages are on either a major delay or don't go through at all.

Husker86

Hey guys

You'll be fine with a Moto X. Google officially added Group Messaging in 4.1. You could do it before, but needed to use a 3rd party messaging app.

I don't know if it's a google hangouts update thing or the 4.3 update, but my text messages are on either a major delay or don't go through at all.

There was a major bug with MMS (group and picture) that was just rectified with a new version out today. I have not seen or heard of issues with regular SMS.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
There was a major bug with MMS (group and picture) that was just rectified with a new version out today. I have not seen or heard of issues with regular SMS.

updated today

last week I would get pics and couldn't receive them at all. It crashed hangouts and the pics wouldn't show up in any other sms app.

had to uninstall then reinstall hangouts to fix it.

Poyunch

I'm having trouble picking between the Note 8 and the Nexus 7. I'd like to have the Note 8 for not taking in my classes but then having to deal with a slow phone, I'm worried about performance.

I'm having trouble picking between the Note 8 and the Nexus 7. I'd like to have the Note 8 for not taking in my classes but then having to deal with a slow phone, I'm worried about performance.

I had a note 10.1 and loved it for about 2 weeks. I soon realized the cool stylus still wasn't efficient enough for note taking in a legible and speedy manor and missed a lot of meeting notes. I was OK with not using it for work but once the slow out of date touch wiz interface started wearing on me I threw in the towel. Picked up a nexus 10 and couldn't of been happier.

Get the Nexus 7. You won't regret it. Its a much better value too.

Poyunch

I had a note 10.1 and loved it for about 2 weeks. I soon realized the cool stylus still wasn't efficient enough for note taking in a legible and speedy manor and missed a lot of meeting notes. I was OK with not using it for work but once the slow out of date touch wiz interface started wearing on me I threw in the towel. Picked up a nexus 10 and couldn't of been happier.

Get the Nexus 7. You won't regret it. Its a much better value too.

Alright.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
DAT Chromecast is even more $$$ now. It has app support for Plex and Avia so you can play local content.

All of this for only $35.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Getting it for 350 will do that, lol.

Got my X in today and I'm shocked by how smooth it is considering it's middling specs. Really a great feeling device so far, and I love the near stock OS.

Did you order it last week with the sale? The order status for mine says today is the estimated delivery date, but it also says it hasn't shipped yet.

Groof

So I got this headset today as a safety measure after accidentally throwing my old pair into the washing machine:

2013+-+1

Anyone else got them? Build quality wise they're quite sturdy and well made with a spun woven metal with the Nexus X logo on them. Soundwise they're decent enough, nothing to write home about and definitely aren't even close to my ATH-M500s. Gonna try them out for a few days to see how they are.

What's the difference between Google Play Edition and Nexus?

I bought my girlfriend the nexus 7 and want a 10 in tablet for myself, but I think I'm gonna wait on a refresh. Also, is there a reason why the google nexus does not have expandable micro sd slot? Other android devices have it, afaik.

Groof

What's the difference between Google Play Edition and Nexus?

I bought my girlfriend the nexus 7 and want a 10 in tablet for myself, but I think I'm gonna wait on a refresh.

A Nexus is 100% supported by Google, they manage the software and everything. A Google Play Edition is supported by the OEM that built it, but updates get pushed out by Google. Software wise they should be very similar, but there can be slight differences depending on if the device has any differentiating hardware.

So I've got a SG3 and I'm on AT&T. I keep getting the pop-up thing for a software update to be available that will begin downloading as soon as I turn on Wi-fi. I know I'll end up doing the update, but I just like to know what I'm getting before I get it. Is there any way to find out?

Can I ask why you think S4 when the Z1 appears to be faster with snapdragon800 bigger battery and metal frame.

oh wait, you said Z1, not Z... so hard to keep track of that Sony naming convention... my bad.

remove faster and better battery life from my previous statement.

if you want a SD800 device, you should look at the Note 3 and LG G2.

Gotdamn, Google just announcing everything today. Two new GPe devices, panda white Nexus 7. Shit's cray.

So I'm looking to get a smaller tablet. Now that the GPe Pad is announced, would that be a better buy over the Nexus 7 2013 even at the higher price? The GPad has a bigger screen, but both seem to have the same specs elsewhere.

Edit: Just realized if you type certain words in Google Keyboard, like pencil, you'll get an emoji for a suggestion ✎. Hell, just typing the word emoji makes some symbols pop up. Pretty cool.

So I've got a SG3 and I'm on AT&T. I keep getting the pop-up thing for a software update to be available that will begin downloading as soon as I turn on Wi-fi. I know I'll end up doing the update, but I just like to know what I'm getting before I get it. Is there any way to find out?

you're getting the AT&T SGS3 Android 4.3 update and everything that comes with it.

Marco1

oh wait, you said Z1, not Z... so hard to keep track of that Sony naming convention... my bad.

remove faster and better battery life from my previous statement.

if you want a SD800 device, you should look at the Note 3 and LG G2.

Thanks faceless, I just compared the Z1 and the S4 today and I can't like the LCD on the Z1 compared to the S4. What an awful screen for the price of the handset.
I bought a cheap S4 until the S5 arrives, thanks for the help.

SuperSah

Banned
Two weeks with my Note 3:

- Screen size is perfect. Would never go an inch smaller than 5.7.
- Battery is superb. I can easily get two days usage with around 5-6 hours of on-screen time which is beyond tremendous. Some days I always FEEL like I have too much battery remaining.
- Phone is razor fast, not a single hitch, even when multi-screening.
- Dat 1080p AMOLED display
- S-Pen is a LOT more useful after discovering its Wacom tech.

Overall, this phone is brilliant. I am really, really satisfied. I just need a slimmer, less ugly case as damn it's sexy without one, but can't risk that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom