• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimleuqiR

Vacation responders?

Dog_ltzhepfsqQ1r358fwo3_250.gif

Groof

Wait, does the version of G+ shipping on them support swiping to it from the right in Camera? Last I heard, disabling Gallery and doing that deleted the last pic you took.

It's been doing that since 4.4.1, swipes right to Photos on my N4.

So Spotify is kicking ass and taking names today.

20 new markets for Spotify
Artist Shuffle Play On Phones
New Tablet designed App with Free Ad Streaming like on Desktop

Dear Google you've been put on notice. Time to step your game up!!!

nope, still garbage. nothing beats Pandora at random select. their desktop (and now Tablet) gimmick is what makes them useful.

Urrrgh. 4.2.2 blocks app ops again.

Ugly, anti-consumer behaviour by Google. Again.
https://plus.google.com/+DannyHolyoake/posts/FkfBxA5i3iG

Dianne Hackborn said:
+Danny Holyoake That UI is (and it should be quite clear) not an end-user UI. It was there for development purposes. It wasn't intended to be available. The architecture is used for a growing number of things, but it is not intended to be exposed as a big low-level UI of a big bunch of undifferentiated knobs you can twiddle. For example, it is used now for the per-app notification control, for keeping track of when location was accessed in the new location UI, for some aspects of the new current SMS app control, etc.

SimleuqiR

I know you didn't ask me, but my Hangouts updated yesterday to 2.0.216 (939144-30).

That's the latest version, AFAIK.

Google staged rollouts take some time. So unless I see the blogs light up with news of an update it usually means there is no new update (for the most part).

Keyboard and Drive updated for me, but there is not buzz about it. So who knows.

gcubed

I love Google Now, but I hate the way GEL shoves it down your throat. From your home screen, there are no fewer than four ways to get to Google Now:
  • Say 'OK Google'
  • Swipe from the left
  • Swipe up from the Home button
  • Tap the (unremovable) search bar

It's too much.

You're conflating search and Google now

The Search Bar is the most visually accessible option. I think the average user is more used to this method of launching Google search. I would say most people are not willing to yell at their phone "OK Google". So the search bar won't go away anytime soon from the GEL.

In my entire short Android life I've used the search bar not more than 5 times. For me it was always the slowest way to search anything (mostly because the app was slow on my Galaxy Nexus).

Groof

Or was it that way before? Like having a transparent notification and nav bar for the lock screen after the initial kitkat release for nexus 4? Mine was solid for sure.
It was solid in 4.4 but they made it transparent on 4.4.1, but the buttons are still there.

Emwitus

It was solid in 4.4 but they made it transparent on 4.4.1, but the buttons are still there.
I meant they are not there in the lockscreen. At least for me. Was just disappointed they never made it transparent when unlocked. It's like they are touting

Zeppu

Dammit.

So I found out why the OTA wasn't installing. After being tired of waiting for the OTA to pop up again (after it failed twice last time, which I assumed was because I had a custom recovery) I tried ADB sideload.

During installation it complained about something related to an unexpected velvet.apk. This is because Google disabled Google Now so there's a hack which involves rooting, replacing google search with an earlier version, setting up Google Now and then updating through the store.

Anyway, I'm fucked.

I haven't noticed any, disabled on my n7 and n4 to tidy up the draw.

Disabled it, my OCD didn't allow for so many duplicate apps.

While cleaning my device a bit, I stumbled across the .thumbnails folder in DCIM, and it's holding up 600mb of space on my device. Really tempted to clean it just up. Inside I found there is a thumbnail of every picture I ever took it seems. Anyone else did this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom