• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedge

When ever I get a notification for a new post in droidgaf on g+ it takes me to the same old post on Dec 10, not the new one. Is this a known bug with g+?

CronoShot

So I've got a problem. I can't seem to receive text messages from my mom's new phone (iPhone 5C). I do receive them on my iPhone 5 under iMessage, but not on my Nexus 5, which my sim card is currently in. Weird thing is that I can get texts from my sister and dad, who also have iPhones. Not sure what the deal is.

Hangouts is all sorts of garbage. I gave up trying to use it. The SMS implementation is pathetic.

Same here. It wouldn't load an MMS message. I keep receiving it 3 times a day and it fails to load every time. Today I got a text 5 hours late, so I just switched back to the default android SMS app.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So I've got a problem. I can't seem to receive text messages from my mom's new phone (iPhone 5C). I do receive them on my iPhone 5 under iMessage, but not on my Nexus 5, which my sim card is currently in. Weird thing is that I can get texts from my sister and dad, who also have iPhones. Not sure what the deal is.

You have to disconnect your iPhone from iMessage or something. Otherwise forwarding will still think you're using iMessage and not bother to send it to your actual number via SMS.

All the reddit apps suck :mad:

Either they look awesome, and have a really smart UI, but dont fucking load videos correctly, so I cant fullscreen them, or rotate my phone...or they are like "reddit is fun" and are ugly and have a pretty shitty interface, but videos work perfectly, haha.

Either they look awesome, and have a really smart UI, but dont fucking load videos correctly, so I cant fullscreen them, or rotate my phone...or they are like "reddit is fun" and are ugly and have a pretty shitty interface, but videos work perfectly, haha.

I use reddit sync, it's pretty good. Just got a big UI lift too. Haven't had issues with video or images with the latest update.

It also has different views, so big cards with images for tablets while I use small cards with thumbnails for phone.

MattDoza

Reddit Sync is worth a look. I never play videos with the built in viewer, though.

bjscott05

I like reddit flow. Check that out if you haven't.

I use reddit sync, it's pretty good. Just got a big UI lift too. Haven't had issues with video or images with the latest update.

It also has different views, so big cards with images for tablets while I use small cards with thumbnails for phone.

Reddit Sync is worth a look. I never play videos with the built in viewer, though.

Sync is great, its what I want to use, but when it gives me video issues it becomes useless :(

I like reddit flow. Check that out if you haven't.

I like Flow a bunch too, but it gives me the same video problems.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
How do I get my phone to stop popping up with ads after I turn it on? I can't seem to find out which program is doing it. Popup always brings me to the play store to buy various games.

How do I get my phone to stop popping up with ads after I turn it on? I can't seem to find out which program is doing it. Popup always brings me to the play store to buy various games.

Long press the notification. It will take you to the app settings where you can disable the ads.

gblues

Banned
Should I just reset the thing or something?

No, just do this:

1. Put sim back in iPhone
2. Go to settings > messages
3. Tap on send & receive and disassociate your email addresses.
4. In settings > messages, turn off iMessage.
5. Move sim back to droid phone.

If successful, mom should get a green prompt instead of a blue one. Might rake a few minutes to take effect.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Are you coming from an iOS device and used Alien Blue? Because if you want to talk about a shitty Reddit app, that's a great example!

tr4656

Are you coming from an iOS device and used Alien Blue? Because if you want to talk about a shitty Reddit app, that's a great example!

Whats wrong with Alien Blue? I use it all the time on an iPad.

How about reddit news or baconreader?

I used iAlien on my iphone, it did what I wanted to, and looked nice, haha. My standards arent high, just specific :p

Whats wrong with Alien Blue? I use it all the time on an iPad.

How about reddit news or baconreader?

Baconreader wasnt working for me very well last time.

I will download them all again, and try them all out, maybe just the few videos I was trying to watch were funky or something. I will give everything a second chance!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Whats wrong with Alien Blue? I use it all the time on an iPad
So sorry to hear that. I had to use it, too, until I got a Nexus 10 instead.

It's just clunky and shitty. It feels laggy. The interface is like a cheap web portal in an app. It is garbage. Can't you tell after using Reddit Sync?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Dropped GEL on my N7. Something just felt off with GEL on this device, but I can't really explain it. Switched to the latest Nova instead.

gcubed

Same here. It wouldn't load an MMS message. I keep receiving it 3 times a day and it fails to load every time. Today I got a text 5 hours late, so I just switched back to the default android SMS app.

While I won't defend the integration there is no possible way hangouts delayed your text message. It's not a service

Bboy AJ

Dropped GEL on my N7. Something just felt off with GEL on this device, but I can't really explain it. Switched to the latest Nova instead.

Because it's too big to be a phone, too small to be a tablet, and has a shit aspect ratio.

hth, N7 users.

While I won't defend the integration there is no possible way hangouts delayed your text message. It's not a service
Your right. While I won't deny that I received the message on time, I did not receive a notification sound, light, or icon. So I didn't know about the message until five hours later when I got a second one.

thespot84

i've run into only one issue with reddit sync it it has to do with imgur albums. apart from that everything including videos work fine so far

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Because it's too big to be a phone, too small to be a tablet, and has a shit aspect ratio.

hth, N7 users.

Except every other non GEL launcher has looked fine.

It's ok though. We already know your crazy when you like ADN. Hating on the N7 is just par for the crazy course!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
16:9 is the only ratio that works on a 7 inch tablet. Otherwise it's too wide to one-hand, which is a great benefit of the form factor.

tino

Banned
So I have been getting wrong text from google voice for the last few months.

Ususally I get 1-2 text from the same number and then the next time, it would be a totally different number, all from outside of my aera code. And the weird thing is, GV won't allow me to press the reply button. And if I quit the conversation window, it won't show on the number on the "recent txt numbers"list anymore. In other words, if I don't do a screenshot, there is no record of these texts.

I know this is a GV issue because my friend who talk to me on GV alot said somebody else got his text which was addressed to me and that person told him about it.

Anyway, I got a string of texts today, you guys want to write a fan fic base on these texts? I will blur the phone number when I get home. Can't do it on a phone.

OG Kush

Guys, lost my S3 (lost all contacts, pictures,e evrything... didnt even back up im a fucking idiot :( )
But anyway, back to the blackberry till februray I can get a new phone.
Thing is, I haven't got the biggest of hands, thus don't really want a 5 inch screen, even though the phones look amazing. So whats the best android phones out now that'll be great for people like me? The iphone 4S is perfect size, S3 was alright with its 4.8. So that's proabably be my maximum screen size. Recommend me a phone people please!

P.S. My cousin is coming on xmas around that sexy new sony phone thats 5 inch and waterproof so I'll play with his then and see how it goes.

Edit: Holy fuck, the Sony Xperia Z1S/Z1F looks amazing and right up my alley. A 4.3 inch screen but doesn't skimp on power! Anyone know expected release outside of Japan?

thespot84

Guys, lost my S3 (lost all contacts, pictures,e evrything... didnt even back up im a fucking idiot :( )
Thing is, I haven't got the biggest of hands, thus don't really want a 5 inch screen, even though the phones look amazing. So whats the best android phones out now that'll be great for people like me? The iphone 4S is perfect size, S3 was alright with its 4.8. So that's proabably be my maximum screen size. Recommend me a phone people please!

P.S. My cousin is coming on xmas around that sexy new sony phone thats 5 inch and waterproof so I'll play with his then and see how it goes.

Edit: Holy fuck, the Sony Xperia Z1S/Z1F looks amazing and right up my alley. A 4.3 inch screen but doesn't skimp on power! Anyone know expected release outside of Japan?

if iphone was the right size check out a moto x

With Sony's track record, it won't be soon when the Z1F comes out. USA doesn't even have a retailer who is selling a Z1 with LTE support yet.

Ydahs

My Nexus 4's home buttons stopped working :(

Thanks Google. No idea what I can do from here besides resetting...

EDIT: downloaded button saviour as a temporary solution, but it seems that the screen location of where the three buttons are has died since the screen never registers a touch there... darn. Hope my warranty's still valid.

I dont think I understand why people swear by Pocket Casts...

Its a good looking app but:

- you cant rearrange your podcasts easily
- you only have the one grid style view of them
- if you want to download an old episode, you HAVE to change your settings to keep ALL episodes, and you cant even look at the older episodes without doing this
- too many useful things are hidden behind the drop down menu

You guys are crazy for saying this is the best podcast app imo! :p

So you had an android phone and don't save your contacts to gmail or use the Google plus auto upload?

Moto x is your new phone.

PriitV

- if you want to download an old episode, you HAVE to change your settings to keep ALL episodes, and you cant even look at the older episodes without doing this
- too many useful things are hidden behind the drop down menu
From the dropdown menu choose "show played episodes" and then you only have to scroll down to find the episode you want. It's this easy.

From the dropdown menu choose "show played episodes" and then you only have to scroll down to find the episode you want. It's this easy.

That only seems to work if ive actually listened to them in this app.

Even still, thats probably the issue that bothers me the least anyway, since I dont listen to old ones often.

OG Kush

So you had an android phone and don't save your contacts to gmail or use the Google plus auto upload?

Moto x is your new phone.

I thought I did when I rooted my phone, but how do I check if I actually did? I logged onto my gmail and can't find any option for phone contacts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom