• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I think i got the pictures the wrong way around. The cheaper one actually has 16gigs, i kid you not lol.

Ha! Go for it. Specs aside, double check build quality, warranty support, etc. That's about it. I'd definitely go for the cheaper one just looking at those sheets and price. Though you can buy two cheaper ones for less than one of the other.

Sigh, the time has come to update and now I'm questioning my decision to wait on something super fresh like wanted to, or jump on a Nexus 5/Moto X. Damn decisions of a bored gaffer...

Rootbeer

Banned
Dang. Browsing the Play store and saw that Wreck-It Ralph game for $0.49 USD.

In the Apple store the lowest you can find is 0.99. Maybe splitting hairs a little but I love the much more variable pricing on the Google side.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Sigh, the time has come to update and now I'm questioning my decision to wait on something super fresh like wanted to, or jump on a Nexus 5/Moto X. Damn decisions of a bored gaffer...

Now is like the worst time to upgrade though unless you want an off contract phone. It's like if you made it to 2014 without upgrading might as well wait for the 2014 crop of phones.

Now is like the worst time to upgrade though unless you want an off contract phone. It's like if you made it to 2014 without upgrading might as well wait for the 2014 crop of phones.
You speak the truth, my friend. I know it will probably be around march or so for the first wave of fresh tech, but I just love that new device smell. I'll just go to the store and mess around with one to sedate the urge.

Enosh

sorry don't really know where else to put this

The samsung S3 still a good buy? Got a gift certificate for 250€ when I extended my ISP (of their selection of phones of course and that only certain models so can't spend it anywhere ^^) and need to spend it on something
I know the Samsung S4 is out, but that thing is 254€ on top of the 250€ gift which I don't really have and feels kinda like a lot to spend on a phone, especially since I don't use or replace them that much, still using a 4 year old nokia 5800
the S3 is only 86€ extra it's the LTE international version which means 2GB of ram and a quad core
looked at some reviews and people seemed to like it

mostly interested in android phones hence asking here

Judderman

drawer by drawer

Right there with you. This price drop on the unlocked Moto X really makes the decision tougher.

Jigolo

Well holy shit. I never wanted to admit this since I love Chrome because of how connected it is with desktop, tablet, phone and it has my saved passwords and all my bookmarks.

I only switched to dolphin because chrome kept rebooting my nexus 10..... And wow. My battery life has increased big time. I always knew chrome was a memory and battery hog but I never realized it was this big. Even though I prefer chromes UI I'm switching to dolphin permanently till Google gets its shit together. The only thing that sucks about dolphin is that it doesn't render m.neogaf correctly.

Nexus 10 4.2.2 stock

4 1/2 hrs of screen on time. 45% battery left. 1d 21hr since I got off the charger.

So impressed.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Verizon is selling the LG G2, HTC One, and Droid Ultra for $449 off contract. I got the G2 for the same price in Nov when VZW was having a similar sale and I've been super happy with it.

Right there with you. This price drop on the unlocked Moto X really makes the decision tougher.
That black and olive green military style moto x is singing the siren's song to me right now.

Well holy shit. I never wanted to admit this since I love Chrome because of how connected it is with desktop, tablet, phone and it has my saved passwords and all my bookmarks.

I only switched to dolphin because chrome kept rebooting my nexus 10..... And wow. My battery life has increased big time. I always knew chrome was a memory and battery hog but I never realized it was this big. Even though I prefer chromes UI I'm switching to dolphin permanently till Google gets its shit together. The only thing that sucks about dolphin is that it doesn't render m.neogaf correctly.

Nexus 10 4.2.2 stock

4 1/2 hrs of screen on time. 45% battery left. 1d 21hr since I got off the charger.

So impressed.
I've always liked dolphin more, so don't feel bad.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

Nexus 10 4.2.2 stock

So impressed.
Try Next Browser.

adg1034

Verizon is selling the LG G2, HTC One, and Droid Ultra for $449 off contract. I got the G2 for the same price in Nov when VZW was having a similar sale and I've been super happy with it.

Nice prices (sort of), but I just picked up a lightly used Moto X for $300 to replace my Galaxy Nexus and stay on my grandfathered unlimited data plan, so I'm hoping to ride that train until either A) Google comes through with its "set of [Verizon] projects", or B) the HTC One Two just knocks everybody's socks off.

Nice prices (sort of), but I just picked up a lightly used Moto X for $300 to replace my Galaxy Nexus and stay on my grandfathered unlimited data plan, so I'm hoping to ride that train until either A) Google comes through with its "set of [Verizon] projects", or B) the HTC One Two just knocks everybody's socks off.
This is the phone I want to wait on. I've had nothing but good experiences with HTC and their phones have been real tanks for me and my active life.

So, what phone are you guys using then?

I'm on a Note 3. My dad assumed top-tier suits me best, so I'm happy.

Yeah I'd like to go on record as agreeing that the Note 3 is probably the best thing ever. It's kinda of how I'd imagine the phone equivalent of a threesome with Blake Lively & Scarlett Johansson would be. There's something about Touchwiz which gets me rock hard every time I touch that screen.

Touchwiz is horrible on every device.

Especially the note 3.

Bullshit. Touchwiz has, I shit you not got me laid.

So check this, last month I was chilling in the bar post work. Long day, clients breaking my balls over some shitty investment returns in November. I'm using air gestures to browse GAF, cos it makes me look and feel like a Jedi plus it always gets attention from friends, family and randoms on the subway. Anyway, the smoking hot chick who works behind the bar on Wednesdays asks me what I'm doing. I told her I'm checking the NPD threads on GAF, but I'm using the force to control the page. Anyway, she's got no idea what I'm talking about, but I figure I'd let her have a go. Anyway she's scrolling web pages by her hand and she's all like "that is so fucking cool!". So I'm like, "let me show you something else that's cool, stick your number into the dialler". Anyway she does, I ask her name. Clare without an i. Some European sounding shit, but whatever. Anyway I open s voice and ask it to make an appointment for Friday, 7pm dinner for two at Browns (classy restaurant in my neck of the woods). Anyway, I then tell S Voice to send Clare a text. "Meet you at Browns, 7pm sharp, dress to impress, cos I'll be SWAG". Anyway her phone buzzes and there the text. She laughs and texts back "c u there sexy". So anyway I walk out there feeling like a fucking champ. Long story short, Friday comes around dinner goes swell and I end up nailing her. Saturday morning I wake up at her place and she's still asleep. I take a photo of her with my Note 3, get out the S Pen and scribble "you've been wonderful babe, gotta run tho YOLO" on the picture then I totally whatsapp her that shit. Fucking A. She's been totally hot for me since but I've been playing it cool. Fucking Note 3 tho man, touchwiz has changed my goddamn life. If you'd asked me a year ago if a phone could have got me laid I'd have said no way. SAMSUNG is BOSS.

Groof

So check this, last month I was chilling in the bar post work. Long day, clients breaking my balls over some shitty investment returns in November. I'm using air gestures to browse GAF, cos it makes me look and feel like a Jedi plus it always gets attention from friends, family and randoms on the subway. Anyway, the smoking hot chick who works behind the bar on Wednesdays asks me what I'm doing. I told her I'm checking the NPD threads on GAF, but I'm using the force to control the page. Anyway, she's got no idea what I'm talking about, but I figure I'd let her have a go. Anyway she's scrolling web pages by her hand and she's all like "that is so fucking cool!". So I'm like, "let me show you something else that's cool, stick your number into the dialler". Anyway she does, I ask her name. Clare without an i. Some European sounding shit, but whatever. Anyway I open s voice and ask it to make an appointment for Friday, 7pm dinner for two at Browns (classy restaurant in my neck of the woods). Anyway, I then tell S Voice to send Clare a text. "Meet you at Browns, 7pm sharp, dress to impress, cos I'll be SWAG". Anyway her phone buzzes and there the text. She laughs and texts back "c u there sexy". So anyway I walk out there feeling like a fucking champ. Long story short, Friday comes around dinner goes swell and I end up nailing her. Saturday morning I wake up at her place and she's still asleep. I take a photo of her with my Note 3, get out the S Pen and scribble "you've been wonderful babe, gotta run tho YOLO" on the picture then I totally whatsapp her that shit. Fucking A. She's been totally hot for me since but I've been playing it cool. Fucking Note 3 tho man, touchwiz has changed my goddamn life. If you'd asked me a year ago if a phone could have got me laid I'd have said no way. SAMSUNG is BOSS.
You should write the script to the next Samsung unveiled event.

superbowl commercial material right there

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
No lie, if THIS was the state the Moto X had launched in ($399 / Moto Maker on all carriers / bamboo option) I would have bought it in a heartbeat and not looked back. I mean, my Nexus 5 is pretty damn nice, but I know I wouldn't be disappointed in a Moto X either.

I feel like I just lived this. Holy shit, it deserves it's own thread. No joke.

kehs

Banned
No lie, if THIS was the state the Moto X had launched in ($399 / Moto Maker on all carriers / bamboo option) I would have bought it in a heartbeat and not looked back. I mean, my Nexus 5 is pretty damn nice, but I know I wouldn't be disappointed in a Moto X either.

You'll be disappointed if you have to deal with their customer service.

jokkir

:lol this is incredible

Fox318

holy shit

yogloo

This is legit.
Touchwiz 4 lyfe.

SimleuqiR

The sequel to this masterpiece?

samsung-2.jpgv3

reKon

Banned

This is the post of the year and it was made on the 1st. I'm going to put this one of those dating threads some time later because this needs to be seen by more than just Android-GAF.

Too easy/cheesy. Wasn't the phone. Chick just likes to nail dudes.

Get tested for the herp asap.

Looks like Acer just announced a 4:3 8" tablet, running on Intel:

cTmCUSx.png

s81Y2DV.png

€169 according to the Facebook post. Can't wait to not buy this because I live in Canada.

Ladies Love the Wiz 2014

Too easy/cheesy. Wasn't the phone. Chick just likes to nail dudes.

Get tested for the herp asap.

It's cute that you're worried about my sexual health.

But don't worry man, I talk about risk every day on my job. Risk management, risk mitigation, risk analysis, risk assessments. You better understand that I hood that dude until I've done a few weeks of background checks.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Acer sucks for tablets. Not buying one again. Still stuck on 4.0 with a statement saying no more android updates for it. Mind you the table was less than a year old.

Even if you put on CM or AOSP on it, the GPS doesn't play nice with anything but official software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom