• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
There's no shame in keeping the Note 3. I see people still using Startac phones.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
nexus5-red.jpg

Looks legit. Note the color on the box

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Wish I had gotten a red one. Looks awesome!

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
well, you wanted this:

Screen-Shot-2014-01-27-at-8.39.03-AM.png

The rumours and many leaks of Nokia releasing an Android-powered smartphone could very well be true. Over the past number of months there has been a scattering of information about the Nokia “Normandy” — this has said to be targeted to the emerging markets and will be a customized version of Google’s Android OS.

The latest Normandy leak is straight from Vietnamese online retailer The Gioididong who confirms its pending release, name and specs. According to the site, The “Nokia Normandy was designed in an eye-catching style.” As for the specs, which also confirm previous reports, the Normandy will be a dual-SIM device that has a 4-inch display (480 x 854), 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB storage, 5MP camera and running Android OS 4.4 KitKat.

tino

Banned
Can somebody explain the Android Nokia to me? I thought Nokia board and EU has approaved the MS buy out deal?

So what's the point of the MS-owned Nokia releasing a low end phone with Android on it? What's wrong with the low end Nokia OS? S40 or something? MS is already giving WP8 away with the $50 Nokia 520. You can't even find a ATT Android GSM phone for that cheap.

Did I miss something? Or Idid I misread WTFBBQ's Nokia deal explanation?

brerwolfe

Guys, do we expect Google to ever announce the successor to the nexus 10? I'm in need of a new tablet and reviews for current tablets are mediocre.

Is there any way to change the on screen navigation buttons, the only option I can see is themer which appears to do system wide themes and I don't need anything that wide ranging.

I would like to use the HTC button theme on the One.

I have a rooted Galaxy Nexus.

Cipherr

Hmm, I think I heard that rumor a long time ago. But in any case, the GPE have sort of devalued the Nexus line a bit, as has Motorola shipping nearly stock Android. I'm thinking my next won't be a Nexus phone even if there is one.

I wouldn't really consider this a loss at all if they did it, except for the huge factor of Nexus phones prices. If they drop Nexus devices in favor of GPE phones and tablets but DON'T subsidize them, then its a net negative.

That red Nexus 5 looks terrible, but mostly because of the shitty picture. I can't wait to see it on good ones. It might be my next phone and would be a great replacement for my yellow Lumia 920. Fuck boring black, white and grey phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom