• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please enlighten me on who this Eldar person is and why are people listening to him

Years back he had sources at Samsung and Nokia, but those days are long over. Every now and then he comes up with some bullshit to feed his site with clicks and because his bullshit generates some clicks, lesser blogs repost his bullshit and call him an industry insider. Imagine a former news editor of digitimes who was fired for publishing inaccurate articles. That's the level Eldar is at now.

Personally, I only read most of his shit, when he talks about Windows Phone or Nokia and I groan every time someone mentions his shit in the WP thread. Some of my favorite of his include stuff like Windows Phone switching to software buttons in 2011, Elop being a short term CEO and stepping down in late 2012 and both, the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3, coming out in Autumn 2011.

I need some advice. I am looking at buying 4 Nexus 7 tablets to use as portable survey taking devices to measure resident satisfaction with our park and rec programs.

Are there any good survey creation apps that can work in an offline mode and also possible export data to Google Forms, Docs, or Excel?

Groof

Years back he had sources at Samsung and Nokia, but those days are long over. Every now and then he comes up with some bullshit to feed his site with clicks and because his bullshit generates some clicks, lesser blogs repost his bullshit and call him an industry insider. Imagine a former news editor of digitimes who was fired for publishing inaccurate articles. That's the level Eldar is at now.

Personally, I only read most of his shit, when he talks about Windows Phone or Nokia and I groan every time someone mentions his shit in the WP thread. Some of my favorite of his include stuff like Windows Phone switching to software buttons in 2011, Elop being a short term CEO and stepping down in late 2012 and both, the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3, coming out in Autumn 2011.
So he's a person who's stuck in the past? Gotcha.

So he's a person who's stuck in the past? Gotcha.

Nah, he's still the go-to guy if you want to know the Galaxy S5 launch date.
http://sammytoday.com/news/eldar-mu...-s-v-launch-date-is-he-correct-this-time.html

e: I forgot another special Eldar favorite

Eldar Murtazin is not only the editor of Mobile-Review, but also one of the most well respected and best connected tech journalists on the planet. When he weighs in on a rumor, people listen, and he has been right time and time again. Now Murtazin is weighing in on the Google Phone, aka Nexus One, dismissing the development as fake and claiming that the rumor mill may have been started by Apple. Wow.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I dropped my nexus 4 earlier today, and I think I broke my power button. Is there any app or setting switch that I can do to change how I take screenshots?

Dub117

I hate having to scroll all the way up on my g2 browser to reload a web page if it is really long. I've tried dolphin but i dont really like it. Is there a shortcut for that? New here by the way haaaaay

bjscott05

I hate having to scroll all the way up on my g2 browser to reload a web page if it is really long. I've tried dolphin but i dont really like it. Is there a shortcut for that? New here by the way haaaaay

On chrome I'm pretty sure the Nav bar appears as soon as you start scrolling upward. Just hit refresh then.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I need some advice. I am looking at buying 4 Nexus 7 tablets to use as portable survey taking devices to measure resident satisfaction with our park and rec programs.

Are there any good survey creation apps that can work in an offline mode and also possible export data to Google Forms, Docs, or Excel?

I think Google Docs has a method of creating a survey page. Not sure how robust it is, but my old job circulated internal surveys that were made in Google and were simple questions.

I guess maybe here is the best place to ask this.

Is there a way to disable 4g and switch back to 3g on the LG G2 Verizon version?

I very excitedly got my brand new phone, but the problem is I can't load a goddamn website for the life of me at work. I was able to do so fine on 3g on my old shitty Incredible that I just upgraded this from.

I hope it is just a 4g issue anyway and not something else weird going on, but yesterday near my home things were working pretty fine so...

tino

Banned
I guess maybe here is the best place to ask this.

Is there a way to disable 4g and switch back to 3g on the LG G2 Verizon version?

I very excitedly got my brand new phone, but the problem is I can't load a goddamn website for the life of me at work. I was able to do so fine on 3g on my old shitty Incredible that I just upgraded this from.

I hope it is just a 4g issue anyway and not something else weird going on, but yesterday near my home things were working pretty fine so...

There are many switcher apps you can use to turn on/off 3G 4G.

This is obviously a browser issue.

There are many switcher apps you can use to turn on/off 3G 4G.

This is obviously a browser issue.

The problem is a lot of stuff is going slowly, app store wont really load, netflix wont load

when I try to sign on to netflix, it says something like please make sure you have network connectivity and your date and time are set?

Again, things seemed to be okay at home yesterday...

also, the 4g seems to be floating between 3 and 1 bar

gcubed

I think Google Docs has a method of creating a survey page. Not sure how robust it is, but my old job circulated internal surveys that were made in Google and were simple questions.

it does, and you can run it in offline mode, not sure what happens with multiple devices connect back in and sync though.

Can't you change the network mode under Settings-Mobile networks?

Looked for the option and couldn't find it, I think Verizon might be different than the other carriers and removed the feature.

Confirmed from a co-worker that our building is a Verizon 4g dead zone, so this kinda sucks, but at least its no issue with my actual phone..

Edit: Also, side note, anyone have a good suggestion for screen protectors/cases for the Verizon version of the G2?

SimleuqiR

Android-users-be-like-621x1024.jpg

http://phandroid.com/2014/01/31/you-should-try-android/

kehs

Banned
So the moto phones have an "assist" app that will quiet your notifications during the middle of the night or whatever time you choose.

If it's on and you see it there's an option that says "I'm still awake".

BOSS

#RIP googlerola

I haven't noticed either. I guess now that I compare it to my monitor the yellows are different but obviously not something I noticed till it was pointed out. I haven't had wifi issues with it though.

I sold my nexus 10 before getting it, now those were wi fi problems.

Do a comparison in paint. You will be pissed.

Possibly looking to get the LG G2 for my girl and I. Can anyone recommend the phone or should I avoid the G2 and grab something else?

Looking for comfort, speed, and great call quality. This will be my first Android device.

Groof

Possibly looking to get the LG G2 for my girl and I. Can anyone recommend the phone or should I avoid the G2 and grab something else?

Looking for comfort, speed, and great call quality. This will be my first Android device.

The G2 is a great device combining solid specs with good hardware. Powerful internals with great battery life. LG also seem to be stepping up their updating game.
The software additions LG has done to Android can be a bit intrusive at times, but it's bearable imho. The biggest hurdle would be to get used to the power and volume button layout, but from the times I tried it out it hasn't been a big issue. Also depending on what phone you're coming from it might be a bit big.

gcubed

So the moto phones have an "assist" app that will quiet your notifications during the middle of the night or whatever time you choose.

If it's on and you see it there's an option that says "I'm still awake".

BOSS

#RIP googlerola

I'm using do not disturb, works the same way with whitelist and emergency ring through. This is something that should be natively in android

yyzjohn

Banned

Sounds like the tech world equivalent of the hockey rumor blogger Eklund.

thespot84

moto assists driving mode i amazing:

phone in pocket.

Phone: "new text from <contact>, say listen to listen to the message"

Me: "listen"

phone: <reads message>

Phone: "would you like to send a message to <contact>? say your message (or cancel to stop)

me: <message>

phone: I think you said <message>, would you like me to send?

me: yes

Phone never left my pocket. amazeballs

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Yeah. And it's really cumbersome. Better than nothing but it's still not quite the best solution.

unreon

Hey guys, I didn't know where else to ask this, hope it's appropriate here. I need some troubleshooting help.

My phone spontaneously shut itself off and rebooted with a near-flat battery. Its now using the default launcher and not GoLauncherEX. A quick browse of my phone and microSD card shows that all of the apps are mysteriously not available.Even basics like Chrome and Facebook apps can't be read and aren't even available to open. Other data (e.g. pictures, music) can be read and opened, and rooting it to my PC works fine; no apps are deleted. I am updated to the latest version of the OS. I've tried taking the battery out, restarting, popping the microSD card out and back in, and other simple stuff. The screenshot I took shows what the App section of my Settings page looks like - normally the app icons are in place, not the generic image you see in all the apps listed.

I can't seem to find a solution online and am getting pretty frustrated. Anyone able to help me out?

1010459_10152015806608591_1533606989_n.jpg

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Both my parents upgraded their devices to the Sony Xperia Z1. Sony has done really well with Android with the new Xperia line. I'm really impressed, especially coming from the S3. I'm picking up the Xperia Z off of a friend too. Great devices, not a hugely intrusive skin and the stamina mode is amazing.

satam55

Banned

I wish Samsung would partner with Apple to use Apple Maps data on Galaxy phones. Tell Google to fuck off. Samsung and Apple could supplant Google Maps for good. Good riddance to strong arming what Android should be. Let users decide.

wtf.png
Is this a Joke Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom