• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So an unforeseen wall of switching from iphone to android on t-mobile is the 1mb limit to mms. My girlfriend and I send gifs back and forth all the time, so this limit has gotten pretty annoying pretty fast. Are there chat apps that play animated gifs inline? Should she download hangouts on iOS and use that? What would be the easiest thing to do here?

Edit: so she installed hangouts, and actually this is the best because we can chat on gmail now and our phones with gifs inline. Problem solved

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Your paying $100 more than last year though. Why spend $400 on an inferior display compared to the N7?

FYI was randomly in Staples the other night with a buddy. We both noticed the difference at the iPad display.

If you want an iPad just get the Air if you are already gonna spend $400.
Last year's price is meaningless because it's still a great deal and an even better tablet. Also, the display isn't inferior because it's a proper aspect ratio. The N7 is just a big phone and apps look ridiculous on it. Hideous little thing.

I've never know someone to praise a product so much (iPad mini) and diss his own (nexus 10) but stick with the one you have! Lol
I can't stand iOS. It's so limited and clunky. Everything feels disjointed. I do love the mini, though. Great form factor. But ha, yeah, I do hold a funny position.

tino

Banned

I can't stand iOS. It's so limited and clunky. Everything feels disjointed. I do love the mini, though. Great form factor. But ha, yeah, I do hold a funny position.

Have you jailbroken your iPad? The UI/launcher is very customizable once your jailbreak it. It still lack widgets and working themes, but I wouldn't call jailbroken iOS7 limited.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Have you jailbroken your iPad? The UI/launcher is very customizable once your jailbreak it. It still lack widgets and working themes, but I wouldn't call jailbroken iOS7 limited.
I don't want to mess with jailbreaks anymore. It was always a pain having to wait to upgrade, figuring out leaks, etc. It is cool, for sure, but it's more hassle than it's worth to me. Plus I really like how my Google stuff runs on Android, multitasking, unique power apps. My issues with my N10 stem from hardware.

I like iOS7's look. Really light feel to it. And it would be nice to have the games on it that I don't otherwise have on Android.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't want to mess with jailbreaks anymore. It was always a pain having to wait to upgrade, figuring out leaks, etc. It is cool, for sure, but it's more hassle than it's worth to me. Plus I really like how my Google stuff runs on Android, multitasking, unique power apps. My issues with my N10 stem from hardware.

I like iOS7's look. Really light feel to it. And it would be nice to have the games on it that I don't otherwise have on Android.

I really want to love this Android tablet. I do. I paid for it. The pen is AWESOME. But, man do I miss my iPad. I think it's taking too long for me to acclimate to the new way of thinking. One I get it set up the way I want to, I imagine I'll only miss the games on iOS, but truth be told, I played very little of those as time went on.

But...if the iPad Whatever Number They're Up To has a pen like the 10.1....I may sell the Android tablet.

(I do like the Reddit app better on Android that Alien Blue on iOS)

jaydogg691

Just came in. Got this to replace my brothers Moto G.

QfR9Y3b.jpg

I think I'll be getting an LG G2 this weekend. Mostly because of the killer battery life. Coming from a Samsung Galaxy S2 so it's gonna be quite an upgrade :D

That red Nexus 5 looks fantastic. I can't wait to buy it in a year and then bitch and cry, when Google stops supporting it few months later.

bob page

Most jailbreak hacks are surface level, just like the majority of Apple's changes within iOS 7. There's still no answer to the fundamental flaws in the OS that Android integrated long ago.

And I'd definitely go for the Nexus 7 over the Mini. I sold my Mini and the only thing I miss is the aspect ratio.

tino

Banned
Most jailbreak hacks are surface level, just like the majority of Apple's changes within iOS 7. There's still no answer to the fundamental flaws in the OS that Android integrated long ago.

And I'd definitely go for the Nexus 7 over the Mini. I sold my Mini and the only thing I miss is the aspect ratio.

I beg to differ. Activator is very powerful.

Plus Apple split the control panel into top and bottom 2 panels, its much easier to use on a tablet than the Android way.

Eanan

Looks cheap and tacky. Doesn't come close to the classy glass back of the nexus 4 but got to cut costs somewhere.

Fatalah

I haven't had a chance to chime in on the Motorola sale. From all I've read surrounding the deal, Motorola really did operate separately from Google. Google stakes no claim to the design of the Moto X, so we may see Motorola continue down an enlightened path with Lenovo.

How do you press menu or recent apps?

HTC makes a launcher for babies.

menu? for what? pinch to zoom to see and manage multiple home screen. long press for wallpapers and widgets. you can already get to the settings in the notification pulldown.

why do you *need* recent apps on the home screen? you have ALL YOUR APPS a button press away in the app list submenu of the launcher.

HTC does it again!

mturco

menu? for what? pinch to zoom to see and manage multiple home screen. long press for wallpapers and widgets. you can already get to the settings in the notification pulldown.

why do you *need* recent apps on the home screen? you have ALL YOUR APPS a button press away in the app list submenu of the launcher.

HTC does it again!

Yeah, why would I want a list of apps I've used recently when I can just scroll through pages of apps to find the one I was just in? Sound reasoning.

jokkir

Am I crazy to think that Google Play Music has better sound than Poweramp? I keep reading how Poweramp's audio engine is so much better than the rest but I found the bass too strong drowning out lows and mids of songs. Google Play Music seems to be more flat in that regard without drowning out sound.

Was having some battery issues with my Note 2, but it seems like I was able to take care of by restricting background data usage for several apps. I still need to test it for a few days to make sure it worked, but after about 4 hours early today I was down 25% (mostly on standby). After that I went to Data Usage in the settings menu and checked 'Restrict background data' on a bunch of apps (pretty much everything other than Gmail). It's been about 5 hours since then and my battery has only gone down about 3-4%.

I first tried some of those battery monitoring apps, but they seemed pretty limited in what they can do (basically just turning off apps), and apparently with new version of Android you need to root your phone in order for those apps to do anything more useful (more accurate battery stats, stopping apps from launching, etc.

Don't know if it was the recent update to 4.3 or if some of my apps got updated to start sipping extra data. Still need to keep an eye on it for a few days to make sure it really did work, but I'm hopeful.

tino

Banned

HTC does it again!

Dude, that picture is a fake. It has no HTC logo how can it be a real HTC phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom