• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mturco

how did you get to the home screen if you wanted to switch apps?

they're going back to their roots

I hit the recent apps button all the time after unlocking my phone to get back to apps I use constantly (Twitter for example). I don't think it's all that uncommon to use the recent apps button from the homescreen.

IceCold

Anybody here uses light flow? I'm using light flow lite and for months now there's a bug where SMS notifications don't work with hangouts. I've been using Android's messaging app because of this. If I go on light flow's website it shows that this bug was fixed months ago for the paid version. Anybody know when they intend to bring these changes over to the lite version?

Groof

It wouldn't be too far fetched to assume HTC implemented a semi immersive mode for some parts of the device, especially the home screen. Because like someone mentioned, you don't really need access to those buttons on the home screen (except multitask) so there would be no reason to show them all the time. But the problem with the need for multitask would be solved with immersive mode, meaning they can be accessed by a swipe up.

The Verge about the red Nexus 5:

Google calls it "bright red," but that description only half-describes the new Nexus 5. It's bright — impossibly, eye-catchingly so, almost as if it's glowing — but it's definitely not red. It's a loud, gleaming orange, like an Exit sign or a glossed-up version of the "tangerine" Google Glass model. It looks great next to the colorful Android OS, and the black buttons and camera lens stand out in eye-popping contrast. It's actually one of the more cohesive-looking versions of the phone, with smooth sides and edges that feel better to hold than either of the other color options.

I need this. I can't have it, but I really NEED it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That orange... absolutely 'scusting.
QQJUwUJ.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If true, I hope Google gets them to add those boss ass front facing speakers.

Big plus on the N10. Can't believe it isn't standard because it's such a great feature.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I hope they stay far and away from the Nexus 7 line.
HTC is one of those companies that seem to be on the brink of extinction.

Why would you want them to stay away from the 7? Do you hate nice build quality with awesome speakers?

Everything people current hate on HTC phones for wouldn't apply here as the Nexus line already has no sd card slot or removable battery and the Nexus device would have stock software.

Why would you want them to stay away from the 7? Do you hate nice build quality with awesome speakers?

Everything people current hate on HTC phones for wouldn't apply here as the Nexus line already has no sd card slot or removable battery and the Nexus device would have stock software.

materials and quality are two different things.

I hope they stay far and away from the Nexus 7 line.
HTC is one of those companies that seem to be on the brink of extinction.

materials and quality are two different things.

There's not a particular problem with the quality of the HTC One that is markedly greater than any other modern high end smartphone. HTC have many issues, in marketing, range, software and sales presently. The quality of that particular phone isn't one of them.

If an HTC made Nexus tablet helps prevent the company from oblivion, the company who lets not forget created the first Android phone then I'm for it. There were plenty of people who criticised Google when it became clear that LG would manufacture the Nexus 4. They executed that phone and then improved it with the N5. Since then they've launched the LG G2 which most agree is a fantastic piece of hardware. If a Nexus tablet can inspire an HTC re-imagining then I only see upsides not downsides.

Talon

It must be the first week of the month. We're shitting on HTC again.

On a side note, I was talking to some guy today who asked me if Korean smartphones were different than American smartphones. That just made me realize that we have way more 4:3 form factors in Korea for smartphones. Makes the 4.7+ inchers from LG and Samsung pretty awkwardly shaped.

There's not a particular problem with the quality of the HTC One that is markedly greater than any other modern high end smartphone. HTC have many issues, in marketing, range, software and sales presently. The quality of that particular phone isn't one of them.

If an HTC made Nexus tablet helps prevent the company from oblivion, the company who lets not forget created the first Android phone then I'm for it. There were plenty of people who criticised Google when it became clear that LG would manufacture the Nexus 4. They executed that phone and then improved it with the N5. Since then they've launched the LG G2 which most agree is a fantastic piece of hardware. If a Nexus tablet can inspire an HTC re-imagining then I only see upsides not downsides.

it's one thing when XDA mentions stuff but when reviewers are mentioning the seams and gaps...

On a side note, I was talking to some guy today who asked me if Korean smartphones were different than American smartphones. That just made me realize that we have way more 4:3 form factors in Korea for smartphones. Makes the 4.7+ inchers from LG and Samsung pretty awkwardly shaped.

and antennas!!!

Groof

I was actually surprised by the amount of people I saw that used LG Vus over there. Alien to me that such a form factor could even be popular on phones.

Yeah the HTC devices I've owned haven't exactly lasted well. Feel nice when you get them but they don't hold up. The One could be different of course, I've no experience with it.

Well the HTC One is literally assembled by gluing it together internally, such is why it's so hard to service. So I'll let you take a guess there.

I just need to unscrew a few screws to take apart my Note II if I felt like it, which I don't because I haven't had any issues with it since I bought it in December 2012.

Get a bigger screen with a better resolution. It's not 1998 anymore, Jesus.

On my 13" retina Macbook Pro I can't actually fit the bloody thing in lengthways. Srs.

Well the HTC One is literally assembled by gluing it together internally, such is why it's so hard to service. So I'll let you take a guess there.

I just need to unscrew a few screws to take apart my Note II if I felt like it, which I don't because I haven't had any issues with it since I bought it in December 2012.

This must be the first time I've ever seen you post something positive about Sammy. I'm shocked.

your pic @ 1080:

It's not my fault you're wasting precious screen space with a browser in full screen. Make it half as wide and the picture will get smaller. It's not my fault that you don't know how to use a browser. 16:9 sucks for the web, which is why 4:3 makes the iPad the better tablet, compared to the competition.

Talon

I was actually surprised by the amount of people I saw that used LG Vus over there. Alien to me that such a form factor could even be popular on phones.
Yeah, that shit is super popular. Looks like a foundation compact when it has a case on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom