• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

What's the verdict on the LG GPAD GPE? How does the display quality/perfomance stack up against the competition? I don't need it now but it's calling my name. Hopefully that 128 GB memory card drops in price at some point.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
BhgnQqYIAAA5Hmp.png

Uh oh.

The iOS version of Hangouts just got updated, and it looks ugly. The current hangouts looks so awesome, I hope they don't change it on android as well.

Which is shitty light green the go too colour for all these chat apps? Its a horrible colour.

jokkir

Uh oh.

The iOS version of Hangouts just got updated, and it looks ugly. The current hangouts looks so awesome, I hope they don't change it on android as well.

Which is shitty light green the go too colour for all these chat apps? Its a horrible colour.

pic?

Looks fine to me. The old iOS app was utter garbage

Yeah, terrible app. Which sucked because I wanted my friends to use it, but they hated how laggy it was haha.

And like I said, its not the end of the world, but I dont understand why they would change the look of it, when the current design was good. Plus if you're gonna make it so what you say has a colour to it, why not let me choose the colour? why must it be the same light green that every other chat program uses?

vivftp

Same kind of upgrade as Z1 -> Z2. Same size envelope with a bigger battery and slightly larger screen.

As far as you're aware, are they going to keep the Compact on a 1 year cycle to be shown at CES? Also curious if they're going to do the same for the Ultras in the summer.

I'm dying to find out what the next Ultra will feature. While I'd like for it to have all the bells and whistles of the 2H flagship, if they're going to launch it in the summer I guess at most it'll be a bigger version of the Z2. If that's the case, might making deciding hard. OTOH if they delay the next Ultra until the 2H flagship launch, I suppose there's hope they'll have the same feature set.

RoKKeR

As far as you're aware, are they going to keep the Compact on a 1 year cycle to be shown at CES? Also curious if they're going to do the same for the Ultras in the summer.

I'm dying to find out what the next Ultra will feature. While I'd like for it to have all the bells and whistles of the 2H flagship, if they're going to launch it in the summer I guess at most it'll be a bigger version of the Z2. If that's the case, might making deciding hard. OTOH if they delay the next Ultra until the 2H flagship launch, I suppose there's hope they'll have the same feature set.

Is the 2H just code for what will most likely be the Z3 going by Sony's six month cycles?

I'm really interested in the Xperia this year, especially since it's looking like the "All New One" isn't going to be all that new, and I would much like a camera that isn't shite. (though I do love my One)

My upgrade is in September so I'm going to wait and see how everything plays out this year.

vivftp

Is the 2H just code for what will most likely be the Z3 going by Sony's six month cycles?

I'm really interested in the Xperia this year, especially since it's looking like the "All New One" isn't going to be all that new, and I would much like a camera that isn't shite. (though I do love my One)

My upgrade is in September so I'm going to wait and see how everything plays out this year.

2H just refers to the second half of the year. If last year was anything to go by, the 2H Xperia flagship will be announced at IFA in September. I'm very curious if the next Ultra will come out around then, or if it'll be announced in the summer like the first Ultra was last year.

I like the ios hangouts better post update. And why does it have more features than the android one like the video thing and whatnot.

You like gross green, and silly circles!? Pfffft. haha

Its super bullshit when iOS gets updates to GOOGLE apps before we get updates on our GOOGLE phones. I dont understand how thats possible at all. mind boggling.

Schlep

I imagine it's separate teams and the iOS project manager is better about keeping things on time than the Android one is. I doubt Google sets out to give Apple users new features before Android users.

Um...unless the Z2 camera software has been drastically improved, you might be disappointed with the xperia camera.

When using intelligent auto mode the the picture quality is crap. They make the iso and compression too high, it make 90 percent of the photo looks like a grainy mess. You can use manual mode to make the picture looks better, but who got time to tinker with that ....

I actually think on auto mode, the HTC One takes better pictures. The LG G2 take the best photo so far but not better than the pureview 808 I had.

vivftp

Um...unless the Z2 camera software has been drastically improved, you might be disappointed with the xperia camera.

When using intelligent auto mode the the picture quality is crap. They make the iso and compression too high, it make 90 percent of the photo looks like a grainy mess. You can use manual mode to make the picture looks better, but who got time to tinker with that ....

I actually think on auto mode, the HTC One takes better pictures. The LG G2 take the best photo so far but not better than the pureview 808 I had.

The early prototype iRimas had of the Z2 already showed camera improvements over the production Z1 camera, so it's definitely not the exact same.

The way I view it is Sony have taken a LOT of the criticisms of the Z1 and their earlier phones, and improved them on the Z2 (screen viewing angle, speaker output, shatterproof sheets...) so I wouldn't think it's likely they would forget about the complaints regarding the Z1's camera. Improvements are already there, new recording modes are there. Let's wait to see what the final product is capable of when reviewers get their hands on it.

Now just daydreaming about the potential Z3, I wonder if they'll be able to add the following features to improve upon the Z2:

-IR blaster
-wireless charging
-pencil input like the Z Ultra
-xenon flash (damnit, no matter how unlikely it is that they'll do it, I'll continue to add this to my wish lists!)
-slimmer bezels ala the Xperia ZL

Might also be nice if they went with a new design that allowed the phone to be drop resistant to improve its overall ruggedness rating. If they can do it on phones like the Xperia Active and Go, I suppose it's within the realm of possibility they can do it on a flagship too.

Going to be very interesting to see if they go with a completely different design language other than Omnibalance for the Z3. Going with a new design language and possibly new materials might also open up possibilities like removable batteries, I suppose.

BTW, anyone have any clue when the new USB standard is expected to land? This year, or next? I like the idea of the plug-in being reversable. It'd be cool if they could somehow make it waterproof too :)

Cipherr

I imagine it's separate teams and the iOS project manager is better about keeping things on time than the Android one is. I doubt Google sets out to give Apple users new features before Android users.

Its not lopsided in favor of either OS at all to be honest. Its just that noone says anything when Google Now hits Android months before iOS, or Play Music subs coming months before iOS, or Google Keep, or Youtube redesigns all hit Android first. They swing back and forth, its unlikely to change with two individual teams working for each OS. But it probably makes for better software suited to each platform in the end.

"The all new" is such a horrible fucking thing. I swear these guys copy the dumbest shit. But then again I guess creating a new brand and calling it 'One' when you know damn well its going to be a device line with multiple entries.

The early prototype iRimas had of the Z2 already showed camera improvements over the production Z1 camera, so it's definitely not the exact same.

The way I view it is Sony have taken a LOT of the criticisms of the Z1 and their earlier phones, and improved them on the Z2 (screen viewing angle, speaker output, shatterproof sheets...) so I wouldn't think it's likely they would forget about the complaints regarding the Z1's camera. Improvements are already there, new recording modes are there. Let's wait to see what the final product is capable of when reviewers get their hands on it.

Now just daydreaming about the potential Z3, I wonder if they'll be able to add the following features to improve upon the Z2:

-IR blaster
-wireless charging
-pencil input like the Z Ultra
-xenon flash (damnit, no matter how unlikely it is that they'll do it, I'll continue to add this to my wish lists!)
-slimmer bezels ala the Xperia ZL

Might also be nice if they went with a new design that allowed the phone to be drop resistant to improve its overall ruggedness rating. If they can do it on phones like the Xperia Active and Go, I suppose it's within the realm of possibility they can do it on a flagship too.

Going to be very interesting to see if they go with a completely different design language other than Omnibalance for the Z3. Going with a new design language and possibly new materials might also open up possibilities like removable batteries, I suppose.

BTW, anyone have any clue when the new USB standard is expected to land? This year, or next? I like the idea of the plug-in being reversable. It'd be cool if they could somehow make it waterproof too :)

I'm hoping so cause its going to be the new One or the Z2 for me. If the new One gets a better camera it will be hard to beat. So far the HTC is saying the sound will be even loader than the previous model which I was already spoiled of. The G2 and z1 volume seem so muted in comparison. On the Z1 volume went to crap after the latest firmware.

You like gross green, and silly circles!? Pfffft. haha

Its super bullshit when iOS gets updates to GOOGLE apps before we get updates on our GOOGLE phones. I dont understand how thats possible at all. mind boggling.

It has also had VOIP capability with your Google Voice number for months. Still not on Android...
I guess Google's iOS team is just really good. Maybe google should put them on Android :p

Groof

I would like some of them animated stickers in androids hangouts.

Also I would like my message bubbles to be green :| Looks so bland without any colour. At least make the action bar green!

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
While they're at it fix SMS so it combines the threads in hangouts. Thx.

yyzjohn

Banned
Uh oh.

Don't worry, they'll update the iOS version of hangouts 5-6 times more before Android gets touched. Cause you know.

daoster

For users of Google Play Music, is anybody's playlist not syncing correctly? Like a particularly playlist when accessed through my phone has less songs than the playlist if I accessed it thorough the browser.

vivftp

Hmm, taking a look at YotaPhones implementation of putting an e-ink screen on the back of the phone, I wonder if any of the major Android manufacturers are going to adopt this strategy. I guess in a way the Galaxy S5 has something comparable with its new power saving mode.

As for actually putting an e-ink screen on the back of a phone, I suppose if any major companies were to do it, the most likely candidate would be Sony since they have their e-reader business. Given all the changes occuring with their business though, I wonder if they're getting out of the e-reader business though... kinda uncertain about that. Either way, it's an interesting idea for certain.

catmincer

They're idiots. I love HTC products but they're the most ridiculous company. Call it the HTC One NEO or something. Anything but this.

Wait, wut? The power button is on the top.... AGAIN!?

They're idiots. I love HTC products but they're the most ridiculous company. Call it the HTC One NEO or something. Anything but this.

HTC gonna HTC.

People really need to quit HTC, it's purely Stockholm Syndrome that keeps people with HTC at this point. Sony and Samsung are both superior.

RoKKeR

On the other side too. Ughhhhhh

I love this phone but the "All New One" (throwup.gif) isn't doing much to get me excited.

Talon

At least the power button is on the top right this time. Maybe it'll creep its way over to the right side for the HTC ON3.

HTC gonna HTC.

People really need to quit HTC, it's purely Stockholm Syndrome that keeps people with HTC at this point. Sony and Samsung are both superior.

Someone miss the memo on the S5..

Majority are bashing the S5 cause of the ridiculous look of the phone and sub par up upgrade and you were silence...

A few bash the name of the HTC and you hail Samsung superior.....

Seriously???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom